OVER-POWERED NPC's RUINNING MY GAME

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    In terms of public dungeons, you usually have to complete one or more missions related to them before they will acknowledge on your map that you've completed one.

Correct, I'm just trying to figure out where to pickup the missions to get them marked as completed... :smile:

Busy week for me this one, but I'll get back to the grind as soon as possible.

Usually, you pick these missions up either right outside the public dungeon or fairly close to the entrance once you are inside.

Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessie, the armor sets you mention are further up in the game, they are all of higher level, but like I said above, my armor is all crafted to at least epic with enchantments to make it even stronger.

Did you skip the newbie island?
    Also, Fighter's and Mages Guild quests are a great way to pick up some extra XP, as well as the main story if you haven't done it.

I have not skipped any quests ShedHisTail, my stats say I have completed all my Auridon quests... The problem is not that I'm having difficulty finding quests within my level, the problem is that all the NPC's, even on level 16 quests are at least 4 levels above mine. Most of the quests I have open now are either Mages or Fighter's guild

The only thing that comes to mind, is the fact that all my attribute points are set in Magicka (So my character is already up to 6000 max, plus provisions, plus magicka enchanted armor), I guess is the way the game try to level up with the character skills???... I even tried picking up quests without wearing any armor, or using provisions, but it didnt work, I was sent into a quest in a not yet discovered area where I was greeted by a level 24 NPC.

That sort of explains it. Both Mage's and Fighter's guild quests have minimum levels and they're usually a bit higher than the starting levels of any particular zone.

If the mobs in the zone start out at levels 18-20, the Guild quests are probably going to be in the 22-24 range. Likewise with other zones; if the zone starts at 30, the guild's will be higher. So if you're moving into the second zone at level 16, then, yeah, the guild quests are going to outrank you by a bit and the regular world mobs are probably gonna have a couple levels on you.

Also, having all of the Auridon quests doesn't mean you hit the newbie island... I think the Newbie Island for Auridon is Kenarthi's Roost.

I'd suggest popping back into your first zones and getting the things you missed. There's enough stuff in every starter zone to get you to level 20 easily. If you're only 16, then you missed some stuff.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading all the reactions just a small addition to my initial post.

The lack of add-ons on consoles is something that needs to be fixed. In the old es games, the addons on PC where quality of life, but here they show that the game lacks certain features.

I've said this before and I repeat it. I would favor anyone who would make a post asking to add e.g. the top 50 addons to the console (give credit to the programmers, but check the code and mebed them into the main game as an option players could turn on. The simple reason I'm not asking it is that im not playing the console and I do think it should come from the console players.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Addons aint going to come to consoles ... I stand to be corrected if there are other online console games that allow player created add-ons
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

The lack of add-ons on consoles is something that needs to be fixed. In the old es games, the addons on PC where quality of life, but here they show that the game lacks certain features.

I've said this before and I repeat it. I would favor anyone who would make a post asking to add e.g. the top 50 addons to the console (give credit to the programmers, but check the code and mebed them into the main game as an option players could turn on. The simple reason I'm not asking it is that im not playing the console and I do think it should come from the console players.
    Well I don't agree with this personally. But that's getting a little off-topic. Addons are not needed to do anything in game.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Addons aint going to come to consoles ... I stand to be corrected if there are other online console games that allow player created add-ons

According to Bethesda, the new fallout 4 game coming out will have mods for consoles (Xbox One/PS4). So it is technically possible although each mod will have to be reviewed by Bethesda staff before being allowed.

I just don't see Zenimax doing that for TESO - ever. If I thought it was a possibility - I would create that thread (PS4 console player).
    Options
  • juanrmattos
    Pyro117 wrote: »
    Public dungeons (non group requirement)?

There is usually a "return something to someone" quest in the dungeons. I am not sure if you have to complete that quest or not. I usually complete the quest, but I also find the skyshard and kill the dungeon named character.

Yes sir, I got those... Also the achievements for clearing all dungeons and caves.

UPDATE...

According to the map it seems Auridon (At least when it comes to quests) will from now on be called Auri-DONE!!! ;)

IMG_0096.jpg

As per the Skyshards, I'm missing 5 of the 15 in Auridon and 1 of the 6 in Khenarthi's Roost , I will do some research on their locations and go after them on my next login.

IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg

The effort took me up to 18.5 on the level bar (A full two levels from my initial post)... I'm assuming if I do the same working my way up from the shores in Grathwood to the tree, I should arrive somewhere in level 19 and would be a lot closer to the quests levels given there.

Options
  • juanrmattos
    For those of us that came into ESO from the PC platform the Add-Ons sure made things a lot easier... I've always been a console gamer, so the experience of having to learn how to play with a mouse and keyboard from scratch made things complicated enough... Skyrim had a guide book with very extensive explanation on each and every zone and I think similar information can be found here in the forum, but like someone said a few posts above, having to use an outside source to research in-game help makes it a bit tedious (There I was with a photo of the Auridon map in my phone while I made my way up to the missing locations).

About a year ago, Bethesda/Zenimax had an informal meeting with our Clan ("The Noore") where we were able to express ideas to improve the game... At least that what we thought (LOL), in my personal opinion (As a PvE exclusive player), I would really like to see a "trainable" companion (Having the ability to teach them traits/skills to match your build or to compliment it), also miss being able to build (Loved having my own trophy room for example)... Lastly, it would be really nice being able to have multiple PSN ID's under the same console, I share the PS4 with my son but going around with a handle such as "The_Dankest_Pot" is not something I'm particularly fond of.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As console player I am happy as is , only thing missing is a mini map when mounted on horseback

Seriously add-ons spoil the game mostly you stop playing the game and it becomes a game on rails where the add-ons do all the brain work and heavy lifting , ultimately removing the urge to play.

Console and PC players are different breeds ... Let's leave them that way
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

As console player I am happy as is , only thing missing is a mini map when mounted on horseback

Seriously add-ons spoil the game mostly you stop playing the game and it becomes a game on rails where the add-ons do all the brain work and heavy lifting , ultimately removing the urge to play.

Console and PC players are different breeds ... Let's leave them that way

Sadly you are very wrong. Add ons both free you from 100 of absurd small frustrations (inventory sorting, research progress, and so on and so on) and allow you to work with you r build efficiently, i dare to say work for real.
    Options
  • juanrmattos
    "SugaComa"... I guess if the add-on software was to be used exclusively as a way of playing, the game would become Systematically linear (Which it is anyway), but I honestly don't feel like that would be the case for anyone... Having the ability to see things like a mini map, trait progress, or even a glance of lore/shards nearby sure makes the game a bit more enjoyable (I look at these in the same way as you would spending a point on having "Keen eye" for crafting where materials in the world pop up as you are close by).... The guild search tool is also very helpful.

As fas as PC Vs Console, and having enjoyed both, I think is just a matter of personal prefference... If I had the opportunity of playing on a "true gamer" PC with the appropriate keyboard/mouse/screen, I would probably still be playing on it, I just dont see myself trading the confort of a comfortable chair with a huge screen in the wall and a wireless controler for a desk application... Even less when such PC would buy me 10 consoles.

The game is "hands down" one of the best exploration games I ever have played, even if it were to stay as it is right now I would continue to play it.

Edited by juanrmattos on July 23, 2015 2:04PM
    Options