Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

OVER-POWERED NPC's RUINNING MY GAME

juanrmattos
Thank you for reading.

I made the crossover from Mac into console (PS4), and created a Breton Sorcerer in the Aldmeri dominion, I have progressed to level 16 to the point where all 37 Auridon quests are completed... If you played this dominion, I have followed the normal course of the storyline (Auridon, Knatis Rust, Skywatch etc etc); so making the story short, I came to the point where all my following quests are taking place in Elden Root (Grathwood), BUT "all of them", even the level 16 quests are generating NPC of level 20 to 25 which makes them nearly impossible to defeat.

I know I have concentrated on the magicka aspect of my character, I even use provisions to make it stronger and have worked on my clothing to the point where even at my lower level my armor is epic and or legendary.

Have tried going back to lower level areas (Like Skywatch) but even though I'm able to pick up quests of my level, the NPC's are no less than 5 levels above mine.

Is this normal???, is it supposed to be this hard???... It didnt go like that on PC.

Thanks for any help.

• aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh no, difficulty! what ever shall you do.

do some lower level side quests to level up then do it.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    I have not played on a console, so I can't specifically answer your question about console difficulty vs PC difficulty. One of the things I did on my second character was craft gear that had set bonuses. Obviously it takes time to research enough items to be able to get the bonuses you want, but it really does substantially help.

Set bonuses link

For magicka based you may want to try Seducer or Torug's Pact (3 traits required). Once you have 5 traits learned you could use the Vampire's kiss set which gives some amazing heals and health regen, even as you're killing trash mobs (even frogs, snakes, etc)

Options
  • juanrmattos
    aco5712 wrote: »

That is just the thing aco5712, I have travelled to every single discovered place in the map, with the exception of the crafting writs there are no other quest being drawn up to par with my range... Every single quest I'm able to pick up that is in my level has NPCs that range from level 20 all the way to 25 (Where I get killed in two strikes) or quests that are level 20, 22 and even 25 (these quest are all highlighted orange)

IMG_0073.jpg

I like difficulty, but come on!!!

Edited by juanrmattos on July 17, 2015 1:05AM
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »

That is just the thing aco5712, I have travelled to every single discovered place in the map, with the exception of the crafting writs there are no other quest being drawn up to par with my range... Every single quest I'm able to pick up that is in my level has NPCs that range from level 20 all the way to 25 (Where I get killed in two strikes) or quests that are level 20, 22 and even 25 (these quest are all highlighted orange)

IMG_0073.jpg

I like difficulty, but come on!!!

Did you skip the newbie island?
    Also, Fighter's and Mages Guild quests are a great way to pick up some extra XP, as well as the main story if you haven't done it.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • juanrmattos
    Tessie, the armor sets you mention are further up in the game, they are all of higher level, but like I said above, my armor is all crafted to at least epic with enchantments to make it even stronger.

Did you skip the newbie island?
    Also, Fighter's and Mages Guild quests are a great way to pick up some extra XP, as well as the main story if you haven't done it.

I have not skipped any quests ShedHisTail, my stats say I have completed all my Auridon quests... The problem is not that I'm having difficulty finding quests within my level, the problem is that all the NPC's, even on level 16 quests are at least 4 levels above mine. Most of the quests I have open now are either Mages or Fighter's guild

The only thing that comes to mind, is the fact that all my attribute points are set in Magicka (So my character is already up to 6000 max, plus provisions, plus magicka enchanted armor), I guess is the way the game try to level up with the character skills???... I even tried picking up quests without wearing any armor, or using provisions, but it didnt work, I was sent into a quest in a not yet discovered area where I was greeted by a level 24 NPC.
    Edited by juanrmattos on July 17, 2015 1:23AM
    Options
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Tessie, the armor sets you mention are further up in the game,

Those can be crafted at level one, once you've researched enough traits.

Options
  • juanrmattos
    Tessie wrote: »
    Tessie, the armor sets you mention are further up in the game,

Those can be crafted at level one, once you've researched enough traits.

Tessie, these sets (On console) can only be crafted in hidden mine forges or clothing stations (But these are found in higher level areas); Right now I'm wearing Daedric Homespun (The Shirt and Pants are Legendary and all the other pieces are Epic), my light armor is level 24 and my Clothing crafting is level 15 (So I can only go as high as Flax), but I have no less than 4 traits researched for every piece (Including Medium Armor)..

Here are my character stats:

IMG_0074.jpg

This are the NPC's I'm getting on a level 16 quest

IMG_0076.jpg

And this is how easily I'm killed:

IMG_0077.jpg

Edited by juanrmattos on July 17, 2015 1:59AM
    Options
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for reading.

I made the crossover from Mac into console (PS4), and created a Breton Sorcerer in the Aldmeri dominion, I have progressed to level 16 to the point where all 37 Auridon quests are completed... If you played this dominion, I have followed the normal course of the storyline (Auridon, Knatis Rust, Skywatch etc etc); so making the story short, I came to the point where all my following quests are taking place in Elden Root (Grathwood), BUT "all of them", even the level 16 quests are generating NPC of level 20 to 25 which makes them nearly impossible to defeat.

I know I have concentrated on the magicka aspect of my character, I even use provisions to make it stronger and have worked on my clothing to the point where even at my lower level my armor is epic and or legendary.

Have tried going back to lower level areas (Like Skywatch) but even though I'm able to pick up quests of my level, the NPC's are no less than 5 levels above mine.

Is this normal???, is it supposed to be this hard???... It didnt go like that on PC.

Thanks for any help.

Have you gotten the quest and exploration achievements for the previous zones? Also, did you check to the southwest and southeast of Elden Root? As I recall there are some non-linear quests in those areas.

For what it's worth, I went through there about a month ago on PC and found a similar situation. There are some quests that appear low-level (the ones about getting the artifacts for the queen's ceremony) that do send you into higher-level areas.

Options
  • juanrmattos
    Blackhorne wrote: »
    Have you gotten the quest and exploration achievements for the previous zones? Also, did you check to the southwest and southeast of Elden Root? As I recall there are some non-linear quests in those areas.

For what it's worth, I went through there about a month ago on PC and found a similar situation. There are some quests that appear low-level (the ones about getting the artifacts for the queen's ceremony) that do send you into higher-level areas.

Yes sir!!!... All the main storyline quests up to chapter 2.5 (The Master Explorer achievement includes the terrains that I'm just beginning to explore)

IMG_0079.jpg

And all the Aldmeri Dominion side quests (Then it goes on to Grahtwood)...

IMG_0080.jpg

The territory that was meant to get me to level 14 is all complete (Including the Solo and group dungeons):

IMG_0078.jpg

In any case, I decided to go back to Skywatch and picked up the Mages Guild quest shown on the previous post (I managed to kill three or four guards going all out, but there are at least 12 others and they are stacked three at a time, so unavoidable to get killed (I'm going through Crown Gems like there is no tomorrow).

The quests in Elden Root from the time you arrive on the coast all the way up to getting into Grahtwood are completed as well (Those were level 19 when I was level 14 but somehow I managed to get through).

Edited by juanrmattos on July 17, 2015 2:44AM
    Options
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    What is your current level? All main story, mage's guild, and fighter's guild quests scale to your level...So if you are level 25, it doesn't matter if the quest is level 16, the enemies will be 25.

Did you do Khenarthi's Roost before Auridon? You typically need to complete the quests on this starter island to stay on level with the questing zones (you should have been at least Level 5 or 6 when you left it).

Looking at your Auridon map, I can see that you skipped a couple quest hubs (the harbor area south of Firsthold for one)...They are undiscovered on your map. Not all quests appear in the achievement section of your journal, so just because you have those achievements doesn't mean you did all the quests and side quests (Typically only quests related to the main zone story have achievements associated with them). Even if you have the Auridon Adventurer achievement it doesn't mean you've done all the quests...there are more quests in a zone than are needed for all the adventurer achievements.

You have also missed several delves (torch icon) and world bosses (skull icon) that give experience. Delves are intended to be solo content, so don't worry if you don't have a group.

Do you tend to avoid killing mobs when you quest? Actively avoiding killing mobs (sneaking past etc.) can cause you to be under-leveled somewhat.
    Options
  • Clamath
    Clamath
    Here is Auridon map with locations. You have missed some content.

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Auridon?file=Auridon_Map_%2528Edited%2529.png

And are you sure you went to Khenarthi's Roost?
    Edited by Clamath on July 17, 2015 6:37AM
    Options
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    I think it is something normal because I was fighting things up to 7 levels above and sometimes even more ( I did the last fighters guild quest ranked 29 and they're level 43's). When I do come up against something my level, I tend to find its way to easy to kill. It can be really annoying though as you get gear loot that you can't use for ages so it just clogs up your inventory.
    Erg- VR2 Orc DK DC Azura's Star
    Davesh- Level 26 Altmer Sorc DC Blackwater Blade
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use hardened ward + harness magicka (and healing ward if you get low on health), put liquid lighting at his feet, keep up entropy and hit him with crushing shock (interrupts him while casting) and normal attacks, use crystal frags on proc.

Sorcs should never have trouble with magic based enemies because of the effectiveness of shield stacking. I can solo magicka based bosses in Craglorn without any trouble, these bosses were intended for small groups.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That screenshot you linked is from Circus of Cheerful Slaughter. This isn't a level 16 quest, guild quests have a minimum level and don't scale down. But they always show to be at your current level in the journal. This is actually a higher level quest and if you can't do it now, come back later.
    Options
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    @juanrmattos I understand about not being able to reach some of those sets.

You may want to consider crafted sets that are available in Auridon or Grahtwood then, such as:
    • Death's Wind (Auridon) link
    • Ashen Grip (Auridon) link
    • Torug's Pact (Grahtwood - Recommended) link
    • Seducer (Grahtwood - Recommended) link

I can empathize with how frustrating this is for you. I also know the thought of recrafting after investing such a substantial amount on gearing is probably only making it worse. However, in many cases, a green or blue gear with a set bonus (5 piece and 3 piece) is sometimes equivalent or better than a legendary set.

Again, I don't play on a console, and I know you're an experienced former Mac player, and I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know. So feel free to ignore my attempts at helping. I just remember going through similar difficulties with my character and know that the second time around these set bonuses helped me way more than upgrading the quality of gear.
    Options
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You definitely missed a few things in Auridon, but you should be able to do a lot of the lower-level quests in Ghratwood. From Haven, travel west. There are a number of level 16-18 quests in that direction that you can do.
    Options
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    @juanrmattos I always hated when people would recommend builds completely different than what I was using. Mainly because I invested all my skillpoints elsewhere, and often didn't find the recommended builds would work for me after taking the time to learn them all. So please feel free to mumble under your breath at me and completely disregard if you like.

Here are some abilities that I found useful while doing solo PvE. I'm not a PvP'er but know most people laugh at summoned pets in PvP. However, at level 10 I normally run into Cyrodil and grab 6 to 9 easy skyshards which may allow you to unlock a couple more passives.

Unlocking your light armor passives can give you huge magicka bonuses. I normally put most of my attribute points into health and allow my set bonuses, mundus, enchantments, and passives to provide me my magicka.
    • Unstable Familiar => Unstable Clannfear (tanks for you)
    • Summon Winged Twilight => Summon Twilight Matriarch (emergency heal)
    • Crystal Shard => Crystal Fragments - (reduced cost / instant on proc)
    • Force Shock => Force Pulse (dest staff spam attack to proc Crystal Fragments, remember to weave in light staff attacks)

The fifth ability you choose is really a preference thing, imo. Consider one of the following:
    • Annulment => Harness Magicka (from Light Armor skill line)
    • Conjured Ward => Hardened Ward (You may not have leveled this class skill line sufficiently yet to unlock this)
    • Lightning Splash => Liquid Lightning (AoE)
    Options
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    This is wierd. I am on the PS4 and going through the same areas as you. I am level 9. finished the beginners island and still working on the main island.

I know this didn't happen on Daggerfall alliance (I have 2 level 40 characters there) and never ran into the problem of the enemies being leveled higher than me - I am usually a couple levels higher than them.

It sounds like either you didn't get every quest or somehow lost XP (didn't get the full amount you should have).

Have you thought about going into the PvP to gain levels to reduce the difference between yourself and the NPCs?
    Edited by Pyro117 on July 17, 2015 2:00PM
    Options
  • juanrmattos
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    What is your current level? All main story, mage's guild, and fighter's guild quests scale to your level...So if you are level 25, it doesn't matter if the quest is level 16, the enemies will be 25.

My current level is 16.

Did you do Khenarthi's Roost before Auridon? You typically need to complete the quests on this starter island to stay on level with the questing zones (you should have been at least Level 5 or 6 when you left it).

Clamath wrote: »
    And are you sure you went to Khenarthi's Roost?

I believe the Khenarthi's Roost were amongst the very first quests I completed, but to be perfectly honest, I usually follow the story line and did not explore much at the time (You know how it is when you have bare assets at the beginning), BUT, I spent about three hours of solid exploration last night, I went once around, followed pretty much every single road and then travelled cross country East to West and South to North... I was able to discover a few things, picked up a hand full of quests (Level 4), and got the Path Finder achievement for it (Not much experience gained, maybe half a bar, because of the level difference though).

Looking at your Auridon map, I can see that you skipped a couple quest hubs (the harbor area south of Firsthold for one)...They are undiscovered on your map. Not all quests appear in the achievement section of your journal, so just because you have those achievements doesn't mean you did all the quests and side quests (Typically only quests related to the main zone story have achievements associated with them). Even if you have the Auridon Adventurer achievement it doesn't mean you've done all the quests...there are more quests in a zone than are needed for all the adventurer achievements.

You have also missed several delves (torch icon) and world bosses (skull icon) that give experience. Delves are intended to be solo content, so don't worry if you don't have a group.

Here is Auridon map with locations. You have missed some content.

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Auridon?file=Auridon_Map_%2528Edited%2529.png

Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    You definitely missed a few things in Auridon, but you should be able to do a lot of the lower-level quests in Ghratwood. From Haven, travel west. There are a number of level 16-18 quests in that direction that you can do.

I have done every single quests that has appeared open since the very beginning, but like I said before, I tend to stick to the storyline and don't explore much (Traumatic experiences from BITD with Skyrim Lol); BUT also set myself to explore this zones recently, and even though I can find enemies and plenty to battle, no quests are being given, I will go by the map and directions you kindly sent and try to find these missing quests-locations.

Do you tend to avoid killing mobs when you quest? Actively avoiding killing mobs (sneaking past etc.) can cause you to be under-leveled somewhat.

I guess we all do, but not that much... I only try to sneak when the mobs are way above my level and stacked in two or three at a time, if anything I try to kill anything and everything that crosses my path with a red bar, I farm even the trash.

@juanrmattos I understand about not being able to reach some of those sets.

You may want to consider crafted sets that are available in Auridon or Grahtwood then, such as:
    • Death's Wind (Auridon) link
    • Ashen Grip (Auridon) link
    • Torug's Pact (Grahtwood - Recommended) link
    • Seducer (Grahtwood - Recommended) link

I can empathize with how frustrating this is for you. I also know the thought of recrafting after investing such a substantial amount on gearing is probably only making it worse. However, in many cases, a green or blue gear with a set bonus (5 piece and 3 piece) is sometimes equivalent or better than a legendary set.

Again, I don't play on a console, and I know you're an experienced former Mac player, and I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know. So feel free to ignore my attempts at helping. I just remember going through similar difficulties with my character and know that the second time around these set bonuses helped me way more than upgrading the quality of gear.

You kidding Tess?, If "anything", I'm really grateful that you guys are spending some of your spare time to offer advice, so really, THANK YOU!. I will check into the locations for the sets you sent and see if is possible to craft them to my level.

Dont really mind crafting stuff, even though by the time I'm finished usually my level has gone up enough to craft the next better set; but I can enjoy trading stuff with gamers in highly populated zones (These guys can get you "ANYTHING" if you have the gold)... There are days where I exclusively login to to research, craft and deconstruct

Pyro117 wrote: »
    This is weird. I am on the PS4 and going through the same areas as you. I am level 9. finished the beginners island and still working on the main island.

I know this didn't happen on Daggerfall alliance (I have 2 level 40 characters there) and never ran into the problem of the enemies being leveled higher than me - I am usually a couple levels higher than them.

It sounds like either you didn't get every quest or somehow lost XP (didn't get the full amount you should have).

Have you thought about going into the PvP to gain levels to reduce the difference between yourself and the NPCs?

I have to agree, is weird, I can understand being bellow level, but this gap is like If I had skipped 30% of the game so far (Which I have not).

My son has a few characters in this PSN account, they range from level 20 to level 40, he looked at my character and situation last night and thought it was way off balance too, but he did say I'm way over-powered for my level (I Love Overpowered!!!).

PvP is out of consideration for me (At the moment at least), I sure dont enjoy being gang rapped by a half dozen Ranked players at the same time... Just to have to travel half way across the map to get back into a fight that may be over by the time I get back there.

IN ANY CASE, to all of those of you that took the time to read and reply, THANK YOU!!!... I have a few things to look at that may be able to get me back on track.

If you guys happen to play console in Aldmeri feel free to look me up, my son's PSN account (Sorry about this) is The_Dankest_Pot and my character name is Lady_Of_The_Spells

Options
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    To avoid confusion.
    1: Crafted sets can be crafted in alll maps (but the actual sets can differ per map). So you can craft sets in e.g. auridon.

2: Circus of cheerfull slaughter is a guild quest. they are always of your level and fully scaled. You have not shown any screenshot where you do a level 16 quest where the npc's that belong to this quest are level 20 or up. The only thing you've shown is that you have a lasting winter active. If you jsut follow the main quest and skip the sidequests (or even look for them), that one is typically the point where you hit issues. The quest leading to it is level 20 and the prerequisite one is level 18. So not doing the sidequests does make a huge difference.

Looking at your auridon map, it is a typicall map where you skipped the out of the way sidequests, There it is a minor difference in XP-gained, but in Grathwood it is a huge difference cause you end up doing just2-3 quests there before you reach elden root.

My advice. get 100% complition in auridon and if needed in kenarthi's roost.
    From haven take the north exit (east of the mages guild) to Brackenleaf. You can do several quests and a delve there.
    From haven take the western exit to southpoint on the way there, and in southpoint self you can do atleast 5 quests. This should help you a lot allready. After that, go north of eldenroot and do all but the main quests (like a lasting winter. You can do them as last. after these it is just a final instance and the main story sends you forward to greenshade.

Elder scrolls (all of them) have never had just a laid out path for you and required you to epxlore. Just following the main questline will make you miss a lot.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Options
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    For PvP - look into Battle Level option. It is supposed to buff your character to match up to VR levels (the buff is supposed to be based on a %, the closer you are to VR the less buffs you get). I do not have experience with all this myself, just what I have researched and been told.

You know that "speed boost" that people give you in towns - that comes from the PvP as well. It is supposed to be very quick to get - so maybe give it a try and let me know. I haven't been to the PvP arenas either - not a huge fan of PvP.
    Options
  • juanrmattos
    Ranique wrote: »
    To avoid confusion.
    1: Crafted sets can be crafted in alll maps (but the actual sets can differ per map). So you can craft sets in e.g. auridon.

2: Circus of cheerfull slaughter is a guild quest. they are always of your level and fully scaled. You have not shown any screenshot where you do a level 16 quest where the npc's that belong to this quest are level 20 or up. The only thing you've shown is that you have a lasting winter active. If you jsut follow the main quest and skip the sidequests (or even look for them), that one is typically the point where you hit issues. The quest leading to it is level 20 and the prerequisite one is level 18. So not doing the sidequests does make a huge difference.

Looking at your auridon map, it is a typicall map where you skipped the out of the way sidequests, There it is a minor difference in XP-gained, but in Grathwood it is a huge difference cause you end up doing just2-3 quests there before you reach elden root.

My advice. get 100% complition in auridon and if needed in kenarthi's roost.
    From haven take the north exit (east of the mages guild) to Brackenleaf. You can do several quests and a delve there.
    From haven take the western exit to southpoint on the way there, and in southpoint self you can do atleast 5 quests. This should help you a lot allready. After that, go north of eldenroot and do all but the main quests (like a lasting winter. You can do them as last. after these it is just a final instance and the main story sends you forward to greenshade.

Elder scrolls (all of them) have never had just a laid out path for you and required you to epxlore. Just following the main questline will make you miss a lot.

Yes, I'm getting that... "EXPLORE-EXPLORE-EXPLORE". I'm basically doing the same things I did in Mac where I was never lacking to find quests open on my path, but you are right, I tend to stick to the main story and guild quests A LOT!!!.

Going back to Auridon, to look for all the locations mentioned by some of the members above and definitively, will check into Haven and Brakenleaf... The quests I'm getting in Grahtwood even from the time I landed on shore are all above me (I have even completed some of the Thalmor Embassy quests where the lowest one was level 19... Tried side quests like the "Messenger quest" given at the market and ended up with a 25 level quest).

Pyro117 wrote: »
    For PvP - look into Battle Level option. It is supposed to buff your character to match up to VR levels (the buff is supposed to be based on a %, the closer you are to VR the less buffs you get). I do not have experience with all this myself, just what I have researched and been told.

You know that "speed boost" that people give you in towns - that comes from the PvP as well. It is supposed to be very quick to get - so maybe give it a try and let me know. I haven't been to the PvP arenas either - not a huge fan of PvP.

I'm certain I will play PvP some day in the future, I did the tutorial quests given at the beginning of it, but right now my priority is to level up my character, still a bit sketchy to go mortal combat still.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Options
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm getting that... "EXPLORE-EXPLORE-EXPLORE".

I had considered getting the console version but without add-ons I think it would be substantially less fun for me. I don't mind some mindless exploring, but the thought of having to keep web sites up while playing on a console so I can ensure I didn't miss anything would frustrate me. That being said, do you have a good reference map you're using?

I'm at the start of a new AD alt that's level 16 with about 90% completion of Auridon and 100% of Khenarthi's Roost. I did get a little xp in Cyrodil grabbing some skyshards, but maybe only 1/2 a level. The zone map does indicate you are close to the right level for your content.

God Speed. Best of luck. Good wishes. May the force be with you. Let us know how it goes.

Options
  • juanrmattos
    I had considered getting the console version but without add-ons I think it would be substantially less fun for me. I don't mind some mindless exploring, but the thought of having to keep web sites up while playing on a console so I can ensure I didn't miss anything would frustrate me. That being said, do you have a good reference map you're using?

You are absolutely right, sure miss the the add-on apps...

Thanks for the reference map (I so wish I had seen it about 4 hours ago)... I spent most of the afternoon exploring Khenarthi's Roost, I couldn't discover anything new and the map seemed too empty to be complete, went "nuts" looking for a third Skyshard at no avail (Wish I would've known there was only two). I also tried several times to break into the terrain behind the Mistral castle, kept dying on deep water trying to get in from both sides (Just impossible to climb the walls directly behind town).

IMG_0081.jpg

I will use the reference map you sent me and do the same in AURIDON probably tonight.

Again, thank you Tessie!!!.
    Edited by juanrmattos on July 17, 2015 11:22PM
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for reading.

Thanks for any help.
    Use your summons for this one. i use clanfear and wingged twilight they allow me to solo ALL pve (non group dungeon) things.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Clamath
    Clamath
    Thanks for the reference map (I so wish I had seen it about 4 hours ago)... I spent most of the afternoon exploring Khenarthi's Roost, I couldn't discover anything new and the map seemed too empty to be complete, went "nuts" looking for a third Skyshard at no avail (Wish I would've known there was only two). I also tried several times to break into the terrain behind the Mistral castle, kept dying on deep water trying to get in from both sides (Just impossible to climb the walls directly behind town).

Khenarthis Roost has six skyshards.

teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-khenarthis-roost-skyshards-location-map/

Options
  • juanrmattos

Thanks, saved the map to do a new sweep, I believe all the Skyshards shown are collected... But I will double check.

jircris11 wrote: »
    Use your summons for this one. i use clanfear and wingged twilight they allow me to solo ALL pve (non group dungeon) things.

DEFINITIVELY!!!... I been using it since the very beginning, also have a morphed Storm Atronach on my ultimate.

On a separate note, when I activated the unstable familiar at the beginning of the game, I got a Clanfear, once I discovered Elden Root and decided to reset my abilities, the familiar changed to a scamp (?).

As an update, I spent most of the afternoon re-exploring Auridon, found a few new quests and leveled up to about three quarters of 17... Visited most of the public Dungeons, BUT even though I go in there and kill pretty much everything that crosses my path, I cannot get it to highlight as completed... Is it supposed to stay bold?

Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your journal, under the achievements section, in a sub heading called Skyshards there is an achievement for each area as well as hint as to each skyshard's location.

In terms of public dungeons, you usually have to complete one or more missions related to them before they will acknowledge on your map that you've completed one.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • juanrmattos
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    In terms of public dungeons, you usually have to complete one or more missions related to them before they will acknowledge on your map that you've completed one.

Correct, I'm just trying to figure out where to pickup the missions to get them marked as completed... :smile:

Busy week for me this one, but I'll get back to the grind as soon as possible.

Options
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Public dungeons (non group requirement)?

There is usually a "return something to someone" quest in the dungeons. I am not sure if you have to complete that quest or not. I usually complete the quest, but I also find the skyshard and kill the dungeon named character.
    Options