Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Champion points saying, "Get off our game or we'll slow down your progression."?

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
I don't really understand enlightenment, anyone care to explain? I'm not a CP grinder, not yet anyway. I don't really notice the imbalance, maybe I'm just ignorant.
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    I don't really understand enlightenment, anyone care to explain? I'm not a CP grinder, not yet anyway. I don't really notice the imbalance, maybe I'm just ignorant.

I think the idea behind it is that it would help more casual players stay competitive by giving them a little boost to progression when they are on so they aren't completely smoked by folks who can play for ten hours a day.

That's the theory at least.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @ShedsHisTail when Zeni said that it would take an hour per point, did they mean with or without enlightenment? If without I feel ashamed of myself as a somewhat less casual player at this current time.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe they meant 1 per hour with enlightenment. However, you can get 1-2 per hour grinding without it.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Enlightenment is a means of helping players who have less time to play stay somewhat caught up with players who have more time available to grind CPs. It is similar to the concept of rested experience in other MMOs you may have played.

The imbalance issue really comes into play when you PVP or run endgame PVE content. If Player A has 300 more CPs than Player B, given a similar level of skill, then Player A will always crush Player B in PVP. Or, if Trial Team A collectively has 3,600 more CPs than Trial Team B they will, therefore, always be higher up on the leader board. Whether this is fair or not is a topic that continues to be debated on the forums (the search function will find you lots of threads if you are interested).

For how enlightenment actually works, I will quote @ZOS_GinaBruno (for the full thread, click here forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158785/enlightenment-how-it-works/p1):
    We've been seeing a lot of confusion over Enlightenment and how the system works, so we wanted to explain it a bit more thoroughly for you. In simplest terms, Enlightenment is a bonus for the XP you earn while playing that counts toward your Champion Point progression.

Every 24 hours, you receive enough Enlightenment to earn one Champion Point at the rate of 100,000XP per Point; after your Enlightenment is used up, you will return to requiring 400,000XP to earn a Champion Point. The 24 hour timer starts when you log in with your first Veteran character or unlock the Champion System, whichever is first, and resets every 24 hours after it first starts. You will receive a message on your screen that you are Enlightened, and you can also hover over your XP bar to see if you are Enlightened.

If you end up not using up all your Enlightenment while you play, it will continue to accrue for a maximum of 12 days. Once you hit the limit, you will not gain any additional Enlightenment until you begin to use it by gaining XP.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on July 14, 2015 9:31PM
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Any way I can still play while it's amassing or?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    Any way I can still play while it's amassing or?

Absolutely, you will always be working toward champion points...You just earn them faster while enlightened :)
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so that's what the message means every time I log into my character.

Meh, I couldn't care less about the extra boost. I have zero intention to "maxing" out my level. I just want to play the game, and enjoy it without feeling I need to be the "best" in terms of leveling.

Heck, I haven't even spent a single CP point and my game hasn't suffered from it. Then again, I don't do PvP, so there's that. :smiley: