Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is there an easy way to level woodworking?

SirNoodles309
Hello gamers, just wondering if there was an easy way to level up woodworking or is deconstruction of items all i have to look forward to?
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on May 26, 2023 1:35AM

Best Answers

• DuroNL
    DuroNL
    Well, Deconstructing items does give the most XP as far as i know, deconstructing green and blue and higher items give a lot, where as creating something with wood is just, not giving much.

So yes, i guess deconstructing is the way to go!

you can always just start to mass create bows and deconstruct them again, this cycle makes it go at least somewhat faster.
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
    Answer ✓
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best way to level up any crafting is daily writs. But obviously it is limited to once per day. So besides that deconstructing AND crafting is the best way. I usually use 1/3th of my drops for deconstruction. from the resource I get out of it I then craft new items, which I also can deconstruct. This till all resources are gone.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Answer ✓
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    I personally decon'd items as I leveled on my first character. I was able to craft gear up to my level when I needed it. Eventually got it to 50 without really do anything + loads of mats. If you want to "grind" it persay, find a partner with the same goals as you. You make gear and they do the same, and then swap them so you're deconing each other's crafts. You'll get it faster that way, but you'll have to have mats to even make the stuff to trade to your partner. Your choice. :)
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my next question will be is there anyone who wants to partner up to help boost woodworking? Please 8 )

You get pretty much the same Inspiration deconning what an Alt of yours makes than you do from another players. I am going to do some more testing tonight. However you can do the same yourself. It would save you from all those emails back and forth.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    A good way to level would be to find an area where there is loads of woodworking materials E.G. A shop in a city and steal their items, deconstructing stolen items gives bonus xp and is plentiful. If you thieve them all in an area and relog most of the items will respawn allowing you to steal them again.

If you find a good place to steal you can get to 50 within 1-2 days, and give plentiful amounts of style material and normal material. Also the benefit of thieving for xp in this way is that stolen items scale to your level. The higher the level of an item the more xp, so this is viable all the way from level 1 to VR14.

Thanks
    Washed up player
    Answer ✓
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstruction is always going to be best, but don't waste time with white items. The majority of times, nothing comes from it. Sell white, break down all others.

You can also spend a few coins and buy a package or two from the carpenter. They're a bit pricey, but so far, they've offered the best gear to research, rather than waiting for a drop in the world. If it doesn't pan out, deconstruction adds to the exp.

The next best thing, if you have plenty of resources, is crafting items. Just be sure to craft items to their max level, even if you can't use them yourself. You'll get far more exp. Then, sell them. Don't deconstruct them because it's pointless (sell white, break all others down).

Don't blow your improving stuff on items you'll sell. You get very little exp to improve, so stock up and use them wisely.
    Answer ✓
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Woodworking has been the easiest for me to level up actually. Although I do have some VR buddies sending me staves to decon. They are doing this so I am high enough to build them bows/staves.

Decon is the best option. Just make sure you don't decon a weapon you need for research. Some of those traits are not common...
    Answer ✓
  • Egg_Death
    Egg_Death
    ✭✭
    A good way to level would be to find an area where there is loads of woodworking materials E.G. A shop in a city and steal their items, deconstructing stolen items gives bonus xp and is plentiful. If you thieve them all in an area and relog most of the items will respawn allowing you to steal them again.

If you find a good place to steal you can get to 50 within 1-2 days, and give plentiful amounts of style material and normal material. Also the benefit of thieving for xp in this way is that stolen items scale to your level. The higher the level of an item the more xp, so this is viable all the way from level 1 to VR14.

Thanks

^This. Woodworking is my highest level craft now because of the number of bows, staves, and shields that are easily stolen (and those that are dropped). Next I think is forging, because you have both metal armor and weapons going to the same pot. There is one woodworker store in Skywatch in Auridon that I rob blind every time I go there. I recently had a great time robbing the fighter's guild in Grahtwood, which is full of dozens of pieces of light and heavy armor and weapons, and conveniently has several anvils and clothing stations (but no woodworking station). I probably netted 100 steel bars from that by doing it each time I had to return for the quest line (plus quest loot, but still).

The keen eye perk will help spot logs, which for me are hard to see, but I haven't spent a point on that yet because I get enough from drops and stealing to give me more than enough wood for my purposes. The crafting writs will even give you a high-yield private patch of wood to collect every few times you turn in a writ.
    Answer ✓
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am developing an addition to farming every piece of wood i find now. I need counselling!
    I wouldn't collect any wood that's below your current level unless you're desperate for gold. Crafting wood under your current level doesn't do squat for exp gain. Took me a while to figure this out, so I thought I'd share so you didn't fall for it as well.

I don't know what area you're in, but if it's Aldmeri Dominion, you can rush up to Reaper's March and grab some top quality Yew and Hickory. Just watch out for the beasties, though: they're in the 40s and those tigers will eat you up.
    Answer ✓
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    I am developing an addition to farming every piece of wood i find now. I need counselling!
    I wouldn't collect any wood that's below your current level unless you're desperate for gold. Crafting wood under your current level doesn't do squat for exp gain. Took me a while to figure this out, so I thought I'd share so you didn't fall for it as well.

I don't know what area you're in, but if it's Aldmeri Dominion, you can rush up to Reaper's March and grab some top quality Yew and Hickory. Just watch out for the beasties, though: they're in the 40s and those tigers will eat you up.

The major benefit to collecting below your level is in the refinement process. You still get all the gems/improvement materials and I have found the lower level materials much easier to find.

Yes, the crafting of lower level items barely gives you exp but making money is never a bad thing - IMHO.
    Answer ✓
  • SirNoodles309
    Great advice and info chaps, much appreciated! 8 )
  • SirNoodles309
    So my next question will be is there anyone who wants to partner up to help boost woodworking? Please 8 )
  • SirNoodles309
    Thanks nestor keep me posted :)
  • SirNoodles309
  • SirNoodles309
    Thanks for the continuous help guys, much appreciated. :)
  • SirNoodles309
    Cheers egg_death :)
  • SirNoodles309
    I have been getting resin more frequently from refinement since i got woodworking to lv 33 and im getting more xp from deconstruction of stolen items. Thanks again for the continued help with levelling the woodworking skill line. Much appreciated :)
  • SirNoodles309
    Pyro117 wrote: »
    Violynne wrote: »

The major benefit to collecting below your level is in the refinement process. You still get all the gems/improvement materials and I have found the lower level materials much easier to find.

Yes, the crafting of lower level items barely gives you exp but making money is never a bad thing - IMHO.

Gold nom nom nom
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    I have been getting resin more frequently from refinement since i got woodworking to lv 33 and im getting more xp from deconstruction of stolen items. Thanks again for the continued help with levelling the woodworking skill line. Much appreciated :)

Are you PS4 NA server? I am always looking for crafting buddies especially to find all those traits. If I happen to have a trait researched that you do not, then I can craft a level 1 item with that trait and send it to you for research. No need to waste resources when trading for trait research.
  • SirNoodles309
    Pyro117 wrote: »

Are you PS4 NA server? I am always looking for crafting buddies especially to find all those traits. If I happen to have a trait researched that you do not, then I can craft a level 1 item with that trait and send it to you for research. No need to waste resources when trading for trait research.

Sorry dude xbox1 eu :/
  • Norden_Rena
    Norden_Rena
    Soul Shriven
    Player guilds.
    If you are member of a trader guild, harvest and refine. Sell all the purple and gold resin -> you get money.
    If you have money start to searching in your and other guilds high level intricate looted items (bows, staffs, shields). buy under 200.
    Deconstruct them.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello gamers, just wondering if there was an easy way to level up woodworking or is deconstruction of items all i have to look forward to?

Go treasure chest hunting. You farm various loots and a bunch of stuff to deconstruct. Deposit all wooden stuff for your other characters to deconstruct.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Lorajet
    Lorajet
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with all the comments posted here, and I finally figured out to just sell anything that was white unless it surprisingly had a trait I needed. So I have 1 Alt doing the woodworking, clothing, BS. Threw a keen eye on my main character so that I could pick up a bunch of stuff while questing.

Of course, it really helps to have the craft bag, so Zos has it's hooks in me now.... :D
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do dolmens (dark anchors), you end up with a TON of armor and weapon pieces that can be deconstructed. Gather everything, then deconstruct it all, and you'll level most of your crafting really fast. You also get a ton of glyphs to use for leveling enchanting as well.
  • VeleaGlo
    VeleaGlo
    Soul Shriven
    Egg_Death wrote: »
    There is one woodworker store in Skywatch in Auridon that I rob blind every time I go there.

Is this different from the actual woodworking crafting station?

• ZOS_Phoenix
    ZOS_Phoenix
    admin
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.