Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest finding

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
At the time of writing this I am level 24 (And a half) and I am having trouble finding quests that I can actually do. The quests I am currently finding are up to five levels higher than me. I do not mind doing quests 3-4 levels higher but five is a bit much, doable but annoying. I have been to various locations to try and find the quests but have not had much luck. Where is best for me to be looking at this time?
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    If you are not adverse to looking online for help then there are a number of websites with maps of the major areas and the quests they contain. http://teso.mmorpg-life.com is one I frequent when I become lost or need help. Remember that when you are looking at your map when you see icons that are outlined in white but are blacked out in the middle of the icon this means you still have quests to do related to that area or discoveries to make. The icons will white when you have completed that areas main quest. These are not the only quests however. Some quest givers will be placed randomly throughout zones, and you can even get some quests from drops from your enemies. Sometimes enemies will drop letters or special items that when you examine in your bag will trigger a quest. Also consider doing the delves (public dungeons, the torch icon on your map) in each area as they contain lots of enemies, loot containers, a boss with loot and XP, achievements, and a skyshard to give you more skill points.

If you are not sure what areas you missed out on quests in, check your achievements under the quest section. This does not tell your what quests you had completed, but it may give you and indication of how many you missed under each areas achievement.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    the level 24 area is at the end of the second zone. level 29 is near the end of the third zone. it seems you have been skipping a lot of content.

What alliance are you in?
    Did you make sure ALL map icon's (except maybe the group dungeon) is showing "white" on the map in the first two maps and on the tuturial island?

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    JJBaboon wrote: »
    If you are not adverse to looking online for help then there are a number of websites with maps of the major areas and the quests they contain. http://teso.mmorpg-life.com is one I frequent when I become lost or need help. Remember that when you are looking at your map when you see icons that are outlined in white but are blacked out in the middle of the icon this means you still have quests to do related to that area or discoveries to make. The icons will white when you have completed that areas main quest. These are not the only quests however. Some quest givers will be placed randomly throughout zones, and you can even get some quests from drops from your enemies. Sometimes enemies will drop letters or special items that when you examine in your bag will trigger a quest. Also consider doing the delves (public dungeons, the torch icon on your map) in each area as they contain lots of enemies, loot containers, a boss with loot and XP, achievements, and a skyshard to give you more skill points.

If you are not sure what areas you missed out on quests in, check your achievements under the quest section. This does not tell your what quests you had completed, but it may give you and indication of how many you missed under each areas achievement.

That is fantastic information, I looked back over areas noticed some were still black and went and did the quests. Really helpful, thank you for replying.

Ranique wrote: »
    the level 24 area is at the end of the second zone. level 29 is near the end of the third zone. it seems you have been skipping a lot of content.

What alliance are you in?
    Did you make sure ALL map icon's (except maybe the group dungeon) is showing "white" on the map in the first two maps and on the tuturial island?

You are right I was skipping a lot of areas, was getting confused. I have backtracked and gone through each part, I am now at the stage where I should be and getting quests at my level which is so nice lol. Ebonheart is my pact.
    Thank you for your reply, really helped.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Miqula
    Miqula
    It was also confusing that I'd look at my map but didn't see these icons unless I was close to them. I basically have been making sure I explore and brown colored area on my maps... And when I get close enough to those areas, the icon will appear and I know there are quests left to do.