Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

No Main Quest after saving king of Daggerfall???

PurifedBladez
PurifedBladez
✭✭✭✭✭
Apparently the person is suppose to meet you on the stairs when you exit. That never happened, I can't find the quest giver. What should I do?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you mean king Casimir of daggerfall city and not High king Emeric of the Daggerfall convenant??

If so, it is a common bug that Babineaux Redain doesn't spawn. it can easily be fixed cause the other questgiver functions normally. Bernard Redain can be found near Deleyn's Mill. From daggerfall city leave through the eastern gate and follow the road to the mill.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Daheitian
    Daheitian
    Soul Shriven
    How is it possible that after more than three years this bug still exists in the game?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daheitian wrote: »
    How is it possible that after more than three years this bug still exists in the game?

It might be one of those ones which keeps reappearing whenever they change other stuff, or one of the ones which seems simple but is actually so much hassle to fix compared to it's impact that it's always pushed down the priority list.

We had a bug like that in the database at my old work. If you clicked what should be the empty space beside a button it would ask if you wanted to save, if you clicked yes the program would crash. In the 3 years between the bug appearing and me leaving no one, including the man who built the database, was ever able to work out how to stop it happening. We could probably have fixed it eventually, but the easier solution was to teach any new staff that if a save box appears and you didn't click save you should cancel it. That took a fraction of the time it would have required to actually find the route of the problem and figure out how to stop it.

My new work has similar but less dramatic problems with their database and a lot of those can't be fixed because "soon" we're getting an entire new program so it's just not worth the time it would take to fix relatively minor issues when that would delay prepping for the new one which will eliminate all of them...and probably bring all new problems.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"