Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question to Zenimax: Why no trading? [ABANDONED][PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD]

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone from zenimax please explain the reason for the "no trading" rule on the forums? It's an in-game mechanic and yet you refuse to accommodate it in the official forums. Exactly how does that make sense?

I mean, there are threads about people offering and looking for werewolf and vampire bites, BUT GOD FORBID THEY TRY TO GET ANYTHING IN RETURN!!!!!

GRRRRR! THAT GETS YOU PEOPLE SO RILED UP IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

EDIT: Well, it's pretty clear that this thread has become little more than people insulting me, telling me that my opinion is wrong and that I shouldn't express it, and just plain trolling. For this reason I'm abandoning it.

Since I can't delete it myself, can someone from Zenimax please do it?
Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 10, 2015 10:03PM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • VictoriaRachel
    VictoriaRachel
    ✭✭✭
    When asked about a trading section for the forum the response was:
    "We don't have any plans to add a trading section to the forums, as it opens up a lot of complicated moderation questions."
    Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/162801/can-we-get-a-trade-forum-pretty-please-with-a-cherry-on-top

Basically, they do not want to have forum moderators bombarded with complaints when a trade goes sour. Leave trading to in game. I know it is more difficult on console but try to get a guild of people to trade between.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually a little surprised no one has made a third party website/forums specifically for this yet.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say to keep the trading in-game, but they haven't given us a good platform for it there either!

Finding trade partners is really difficult!

I really want someone from Zenimax to see this so that they realise how stupid it is!

As a console player, I have 2 options when it comes to finding a trade partner:

1) Yell into the mic in the middle of town hoping someone will pay attention to me.

2) Join a guild for the specific purpose of either trading or selling stuff in their guild store.

Option 1 is annoying to everyone in the area and embarrassing for the guy doing it.
    Option 2 is stupid if you're looking for a one-off trade. I want to give someone an awesome sword I crafted, and yet I want something in return. I don't want to join a guild just so I can do that! It's too much effort.

For god's sake Zenimax, see this problem for what it is and come up with a solution!
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I'm actually a little surprised no one has made a third party website/forums specifically for this yet.

Someone did.

It's called ESO trade: http://esotrade.proboards.com/

The only problem is that barely anyone knows about it, so it doesn't get used by people and trades don't happen as a result.
  • VictoriaRachel
    VictoriaRachel
    ✭✭✭
    Option 2 is stupid if you're looking for a one-off trade. I want to give someone an awesome sword I crafted, and yet I want something in return. I don't want to join a guild just so I can do that! It's too much effort.

Making friends, having social interactions, having a group of people that you can trade with in a one of way just like you want, and it is too much effort? I think they have given you the tools, you are just not bothering to use them.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

Someone did.

The only problem is that barely anyone knows about it, so it doesn't get used by people and trades don't happen as a result.

The problem is not that nobody knows about it, but cause only a minority feels the need for such a thing. Most people are pleased enough with the options offered in the game. Feel free to disagree with me, but the success of a trading channel depends on the willingness of people to use it. You can't force people to do so. As long as it is a lot faster and more reliable to do your trades directly in game, there isn't really an issue here.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) This isn't ebay.

2) players are in 6 different "buckets"; 3-platforms with 2-mega servers each, thus it is technologically impossible for the majority of people on the forums to trade with one another.

3) there are a lot of things that only happen in-game, the forum is a separate platform for communication. While some things (maybe even trading) would be convenient on the forums, saying that it is a game function therefore should be allowed on the forums just doesn't hold water.

4) everybody has the same options: zone chat, guild chat, or guild store. PC has text chat instead of voice, but the targeted audience is the same, and I promise there are plenty of complaints about people treating text zone chat like a flea market. Guild traders have their shortcomings, but they are the cornerstone of the in-game economy. If you think they're"stupid" or "too much effort" - that's on you, the rest of us make it work.

5) as is the way of the free market, because there are shortcomings in the system, there is a very good 3rd party site for ESO trading.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When asked about a trading section for the forum the response was:
    "We don't have any plans to add a trading section to the forums, as it opens up a lot of complicated moderation questions."
    Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/162801/can-we-get-a-trade-forum-pretty-please-with-a-cherry-on-top

Basically, they do not want to have forum moderators bombarded with complaints when a trade goes sour. Leave trading to in game. I know it is more difficult on console but try to get a guild of people to trade between.

That's just dumb.

Advertising the need for items here as then being directed to a user to trade in game does use the game mechanics.

Also you could say yes I'm selling that item at such n such guild store.

Thebtradw is made in game so is not open to dispute.

But does make finding trade items easier

It's more likely that they don't want you discussing trade on the forums so you spend more time in game searching for said itwm which in turn bumps users online numbers making game look more popular
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simple solution, just give the poor consolers text chat already. Jeez Zeni.
    So many reasons to, they really need to get off the stick here.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Making friends, having social interactions, having a group of people that you can trade with in a one of way just like you want, and it is too much effort? I think they have given you the tools, you are just not bothering to use them.

I didn't say I wasn't willing to make friends. I said that I'm not going to join a guild purely so I can perform one trade.
    As I said, there are only 2 methods of getting a trade partner in-game. 1 involves annoying everyone around you and the other involves joining a group of strangers in the hopes one of them wants what you have.
    Ranique wrote: »

Someone did.

The problem is not that nobody knows about it, but cause only a minority feels the need for such a thing. Most people are pleased enough with the options offered in the game. Feel free to disagree with me, but the success of a trading channel depends on the willingness of people to use it. You can't force people to do so. As long as it is a lot faster and more reliable to do your trades directly in game, there isn't really an issue here.

I've already explained why it's awkward to arrange trades with strangers in-game. Especially for console players since we don't have zone chat.
    I'm not trying to force people into doing anything. I'm just saying that Zenimax should give us a proper reason for why we can't trade on the forums other than "We can't be bothered to deal with all the complaints we'd get as a result of bad trades."
    Reverb wrote: »
    1) This isn't ebay.

2) players are in 6 different "buckets"; 3-platforms with 2-mega servers each, thus it is technologically impossible for the majority of people on the forums to trade with one another.

3) there are a lot of things that only happen in-game, the forum is a separate platform for communication. While some things (maybe even trading) would be convenient on the forums, saying that it is a game function therefore should be allowed on the forums just doesn't hold water.

4) everybody has the same options: zone chat, guild chat, or guild store. PC has text chat instead of voice, but the targeted audience is the same, and I promise there are plenty of complaints about people treating text zone chat like a flea market. Guild traders have their shortcomings, but they are the cornerstone of the in-game economy. If you think they're"stupid" or "too much effort" - that's on you, the rest of us make it work.

5) as is the way of the free market, because there are shortcomings in the system, there is a very good 3rd party site for ESO trading.

1) I never said it was.

2) There are actually 18 buckets (because of the alliances) though it could be reduced to six if they allowed cross-alliance play. It could also be reduced to six by using the mailing system for trades, though this doesn't have as much security.

They made a separate thread for each of the console "buckets" when people complained about not being able to get vampire/werewolf bites. Why not do something similar?

3) If the developers put something in the game then ban it from the official forums, then they need to give a proper explanation as to why.

4) Console players don't have zone chat or text chat. You can only talk to people via audio in your immediate area. Basically, this results in players that want to trade going to the nearest city going "HAI GUYZ WHU WANTZ 2 BAI MAI ARMERR!?" When you're the person doing this, it's really ***ing embarassing, and if someone else if doing it, it's annoying as ***.

Guild traders aren't "stupid" but they are too much effort if all you're looking for is a one-off trade. I don't want to have to join a guild, put a single item in the guild store, wait for someone to buy it, then take my money and leave the guild when it could be so much simpler than that.

5) Yes, there are third party websites, but the one's I've tried simply don't work due to lack of awareness. You put a trade on there and barely anyone will see it. If they had a place for trading on the forums then more people would see it and it would be a lot better.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild traders aren't "stupid" but they are too much effort if all you're looking for is a one-off trade. I don't want to have to join a guild, put a single item in the guild store, wait for someone to buy it, then take my money and leave the guild when it could be so much simpler than that.

You do know you can join up to 5 guilds??

I think nobody joins and leaves guilds just to trade. Your main issue is that you obviously haven't even tried the guild trader system. I was skeptical bout it at first too, but onc eI tried it and udnerstood the system, I think it is the best system there is.

1: you don't have to be in the guild to by from the guildtrader
    2: you can sell to anyone who has access to your trader

The reason ZOS don't want a trader section is allready explained. It is too vulnarable for scammers.
    The reason only you cares is also clear. Nobody else misses it.

PC player - EU
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know you can join up to 5 guilds??

I think nobody joins and leaves guilds just to trade. Your main issue is that you obviously haven't even tried the guild trader system. I was skeptical bout it at first too, but onc eI tried it and udnerstood the system, I think it is the best system there is.

1: you don't have to be in the guild to by from the guildtrader
    2: you can sell to anyone who has access to your trader

The reason ZOS don't want a trader section is allready explained. It is too vulnarable for scammers.
    The reason only you cares is also clear. Nobody else misses it.

1) I know that I don't have to be in the guild to buy stuff from them. I've done so before.
    2) I know I can sell to anyone who has access to your trader.

The problems I have with selling stuff via guild trader is that I have to join a bunch of strangers to do so, it limits the amount of people you can sell to based on the location of the trader, and it removes literally all the face-to-face stuff from the trading process. There's no bartering or anything. Plus, there's no actual trading going on, your only option is to pay gold for an item. It is completely impossible to trade and item for an item via guild trader.

I understand I can join up to 5 guilds, but I don't consider guilds as something that should be hopped in and out of. If I join a guild, it's got to be because I actually like the people in it and because I enjoy playing with them. I absolutely refuse to join a guild for the sole purpose of selling an item.

I understand it may be vulnerable for scammers. It should be allowed, but regulated. Maybe people get a popup the first time they access the trade section of the forums telling them potential risks (they should keep it short and brief so people actually read it) and they should tick a box saying that they acknowledge them.

Also, don't tell me I'm the only one that cares. If it was just me, then where did the third party websites come from? Are you suggesting I made all of them to make it seem like they were in high-demand? I mean, I'm flattered if that's the case, but I really didn't.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, don't tell me I'm the only one that cares. If it was just me, then where did the third party websites come from?
    it doesn't get used by people

You start to contradict yourself. Off course I'm using colourfull language by saying you are the only one. But relaity is that you are a minority.

I'm myself a GW1 veteran (a game where there was a player-created place to trade face to face in game) and there those thirdparty websites where working well and used a lot. In ESO, the website you linked is known, but simply not used cause people don't care at all and prefer to use other arangements. So yes you are alone (a very small minority).

PC player - EU
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Simple solution, just give the poor consolers text chat already. Jeez Zeni.
    So many reasons to, they really need to get off the stick here.

Zone chat too, please.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, don't tell me I'm the only one that cares. If it was just me, then where did the third party websites come from?
    it doesn't get used by people

You start to contradict yourself. Off course I'm using colourfull language by saying you are the only one. But relaity is that you are a minority.

I'm myself a GW1 veteran (a game where there was a player-created place to trade face to face in game) and there those thirdparty websites where working well and used a lot. In ESO, the website you linked is known, but simply not used cause people don't care at all and prefer to use other arangements. So yes you are alone (a very small minority).

Firstly, one of those statements says that third party websites exist, the other says that they aren't used. Can someone explain to me how that's a contradiction?

Also, when pointing out a contradiction it helps to yell "OBJECTION!" first.

I've explained to everyone here why it's difficult to trade without resorting to third party websites (which don't work because not enough people use them). So far, literally every suggestion I've received involves one of the following:
    • Joining a guild
    • Use zone chat

I've also explained why neither of those things work the way they're supposed to. Consoles don't have zone chat, so we can't rely on that. Going into town and using voice chat doesn't work because it's annoying to the people listening and embarrassing to the guy doing it.

Guild traders don't even trade stuff. There's no trading involved. You just pay gold for an item. The only differences between guild traders and the NPC shops are that:
    • The items were obtained by players.
    • Players set the prices
    • After you buy the item, you don't get it immediately and have to wait about 30 seconds for it to arrive through the mail.

You can't actually trade items for items through this method.

I'm sick and tired of you people telling me that there is nothing wrong with this and telling me that nobody cares when I point out these problems.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sick and tired of people trying to press a non issue on the agenda. If you had any respect, you would respect the opniion of others. I respect your opinion, but not how you are trying to push it on others and how disrespectfull you are towards those with a different kind of view. There is nothing wrong with representing a minority, as long as you don't expect the world to revolt around yourself.

PC player - EU
  • Relothe42
    Relothe42
    How about a "Trade" voice chat channel? That couldn't be that tough to implement, and would give a lot of people a little bit of better venue to sell or look for specific goods.
    LORKHAN'S TRUTH - Senior Officer & Smithy
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sick and tired of people trying to press a non issue on the agenda. If you had any respect, you would respect the opniion of others. I respect your opinion, but not how you are trying to push it on others and how disrespectfull you are towards those with a different kind of view. There is nothing wrong with representing a minority, as long as you don't expect the world to revolt around yourself.

That's the thing, it isn't a non-issue!
    I normally do respect other people's opinions, it's just difficult to respect the opinions of people who say things along the lines of "nobody cares" and "this is a non-issue and you should stop talking about it" when I point out a problem!
    I'm not trying to force my opinion on others and I'm not being disrespectful! I'm merely listing the reasons why I feel this way about the ban on trading in the forums! You're taking it as "This guy is continuing to argue with us rather than just accept that we are right, therefor he is disrespecting our opinion".

I never said I didn't represent a minority, and I don't think that is bad in any way. The reason I'm offended by your comments is because literally all you people seem to think that because you've found your ways around the problem that the problem itself doesn't exist.

The trading systems that are currently in place simply don't work for everyone. From what I can tell, your opinions are that the people it doesn't work for aren't allowed to ask the developers that make changes and simply have to deal with it. You don't care that there are people experiencing issues, as long as you have your own workaround.

You're telling me that I don't respect your opinions? Well, maybe your opinions don't deserve respect.
    Relothe42 wrote: »
    How about a "Trade" voice chat channel? That couldn't be that tough to implement, and would give a lot of people a little bit of better venue to sell or look for specific goods.

That is an awesome Idea!
  • DevilFangs
    They say to keep the trading in-game, but they haven't given us a good platform for it there either!

I really want someone from Zenimax to see this so that they realise how stupid it is!

1) Yell into the mic in the middle of town hoping someone will pay attention to me.

2) Join a guild for the specific purpose of either trading or selling stuff in their guild store.

Option 1 is annoying to everyone in the area and embarrassing for the guy doing it.

For god's sake Zenimax, see this problem for what it is and come up with a solution!

Looks to me like you are lazy and not wanting to use the options at your disposal.
    Hell you even basically say it in your own words "too much effort"...
    It's not too much effort to hit a couple buttons, join a trade guild, or even just trade someone your crafts...

It's really quite simple to open a trade window, throw your crafted item in the trade window and get something in return, I've made plenty of trades, it's not difficult, at all... Period.
    A 5 year old can do it.
    I'd bet on it...

As for them keeping trades out of the forums that's a good thing as well, but if you need an explanation as to why, well then you already don't get it and probably won't no matter how much logic is used to illustrate the whys & why nots.

Just my Opinion. You know public forum and all.
  • Bulldawg2010
    I think in regards to vampirism and werewolf bites they don't want to moderate threads, ban people for scamming. On Xbox one you have about a 95 percent chance to get scammed if you pay for a bite up front. Imagine that on the forums? It would be crazy.

Then you'd have the guys who are butt hurt that a vamp/werewolf bit someone else accusing them of scamming. It just brings a lot of problems.

You shouldn't make money from something that should be given for free anyways. That's my stance on the matter.

In regards to things like motifs/ weapons/ gear. Idk why they don't have a dedicated place for trading those items. But probably the same reason they don't have one for vamps. Scammers ruin the economy of this game. And even though it's against the TOS, I've seen numerous people that have scammed others and I've reported them still playing and scamming with no punishment what so ever.

My advice, just join a good guild. I'm in 3 guilds on the xbox one with over 100+ people. If I find something that I don't want but can make money off of it, I have no problems trading it away to people.

The tools are in the game. It's up to the players to use them.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DevilFangs wrote: »

Looks to me like you are lazy and not wanting to use the options at your disposal.
    It's not too much effort to hit a couple buttons, join a trade guild, or even just trade someone your crafts...

It's really quite simple to open a trade window, throw your crafted item in the trade window and get something in return, I've made plenty of trades, it's not difficult, at all... Period.
    A 5 year old can do it.
    I'd bet on it...

As for them keeping trades out of the forums that's a good thing as well, but if you need an explanation as to why, well then you already don't get it and probably won't no matter how much logic is used to illustrate the whys & why nots.

You took that "too much effort" thing out of context and said I was too lazy to hit a few buttons and trade with someone.
    I've traded before. Trading is easy. That's not what the problem is. The problem is organising trades with other people!

When I said "too much effort" I was referring to how little time it takes to actually trade something compared to how much time it takes to join a guild, put it in the store and wait for someone to buy it.

I've already explained why I don't like using guild traders for this multiple times in this thread. I guess you're just too lazy to look.

Seriously, if all you're going to do is call me lazy and insult my intelligence then leave.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in regards to vampirism and werewolf bites they don't want to moderate threads, ban people for scamming. On Xbox one you have about a 95 percent chance to get scammed if you pay for a bite up front. Imagine that on the forums? It would be crazy.

Then you'd have the guys who are butt hurt that a vamp/werewolf bit someone else accusing them of scamming. It just brings a lot of problems.

You shouldn't make money from something that should be given for free anyways. That's my stance on the matter.

In regards to things like motifs/ weapons/ gear. Idk why they don't have a dedicated place for trading those items. But probably the same reason they don't have one for vamps. Scammers ruin the economy of this game. And even though it's against the TOS, I've seen numerous people that have scammed others and I've reported them still playing and scamming with no punishment what so ever.

My advice, just join a good guild. I'm in 3 guilds on the xbox one with over 100+ people. If I find something that I don't want but can make money off of it, I have no problems trading it away to people.

The tools are in the game. It's up to the players to use them.

I've said this a million times already. I'm not against joining guilds, but I'm not going to join one purely for the sake of trading a ***ing item!

I have standards when it comes to joining guilds, you people don't seem to care. You are all telling me all the same stuff and don't listen to me!

I've also pointed out the issues I have with the guild trader system multiple times:
    • Buyer can't offer items in exchange for what's there whereas they'd be able to in a normal trade. Essentially, they're called traders when you can't actually trade anything.
    • Seller's wares can be accessed via guild trader only, which can only be in one place out of all of tamriel, which severely limits the amount of potential customers.
    • No bartering allowed whatsoever.
    • It's essentially the same as a regular shop with a few minor differences.
    • Seller needs to wait for who knows how long for someone to buy their item.

The guild trader system may work for some people, but it doesn't work for everyone. The fact that the people it does work for expect everyone else to simply deal with it really ***es me off.

EDIT: Sorry about responding like that, I'm just frustrated since "Join a guild" seems to be one of the only suggestions people are giving me at this point, despite the fact I've stated multiple times why I, as a player, don't want to.

Few things I'd like to comment on:
    • I don't think vampire bites NEED to be given for free. If someone wants to sell a bite, then I'd be perfectly fine with them doing it. It depends on whether or not the person buying the bite is willing to pay. Exchanging in-game money isn't nearly as serious as exchanging real money (which I still wouldn't have a problem with, as long as the person buying it is willing to pay).
    • I think there should be a dedicated place to trade anything. It would be convenient for everyone and would solve a lot of problems regarding the issues that are currently present.
    • There are always going to be scammers in these kinds of games. That's why there needs to be a way to deal with them. It just seems that Zenimax has banned trading in the forums purely to absolve themselves of any responsibility in this area.
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 10, 2015 8:36PM
  • Bulldawg2010
    Well I was just giving you a alternative that has worked for me since joining a guild. I understand it may not work for you, but I don't think we will ever see a thread or section of this forum for trading. There are too many people out there willing to abuse the system, too many people that try to scam. And until zenimax firmly puts there foot down on scammers, and starts handing out bans left and right then I wouldn't support a section of this forum dedicated to trading.

Now if they crack down on scammers? I'm all for it.
  • Relothe42
    Relothe42
    I see too many people (myself included) that want to trade and make some gold, but when it takes two hours and 15 wayshrine hops (it's called exaggerating and everyone does it) just to price out stacks of crafting mats, they decide to just not trade at all.

A centralized trade hub, whether in the forums, in an AH, or just having a dedicated voice channel to ask around in, would make the game more fun.

The responsibility for scams happening needs to be put back on the people that fell for the scam. Don't be dumb, and don't just trust everyone.
    Edited by Relothe42 on July 10, 2015 9:01PM
    LORKHAN'S TRUTH - Senior Officer & Smithy
  • DevilFangs

A 5 year old can do it.
    I'd bet on it...

You took that "too much effort" thing out of context and said I was too lazy to hit a few buttons and trade with someone.
    I've traded before. Trading is easy. That's not what the problem is. The problem is organising trades with other people!

When I said "too much effort" I was referring to how little time it takes to actually trade something compared to how much time it takes to join a guild, put it in the store and wait for someone to buy it.

I've already explained why I don't like using guild traders for this multiple times in this thread. I guess you're just too lazy to look.

Seriously, if all you're going to do is call me lazy and insult my intelligence then leave.

I'm not insulting your intelligence.
    I'm questioning it.
    I didn't take anything out of context you more or less say you can't be bothered with the way the game is designed to work with trades.
    You said "too much effort"
    It's not too much effort to Argue in forums though I take it ... Lolz.
    By the by, the definition of PUBLIC FORUMS means I don't have to leave.
    I disagree with you. I'm not sorry I disagree.

Furthermore, your explanation falls short and fails miserably when it's YOU that's making this difficult and not ZOS.
    YOU don't want to do what is intended as far as trading, again that's YOU not ZOS.

Get some tissue I guess, cry that river, hopefully you will build a bridge to get over it sooner than later.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relothe42 wrote: »
    I see too many people (myself included) that want to trade and make some gold, but when it takes two hours and 15 wayshrine hops (it's called exaggerating and everyone does it) just to price out stacks of crafting mats, they decide to just not trade at all.

A centralized trade hub, whether in the forums, in an AH, or just having a dedicated voice channel to ask around in, would make the game more fun.

The responsibility for scams happening needs to be put back on the people that fell for the scam. Don't be dumb, and don't just trust everyone.

As long as awareness is raised (along with maybe some tips on how to spot a scammer and how to make sure you aren't scammed) then I think it'd reduce the number of successful scams a lot.
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 10, 2015 9:04PM
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A 5 year old can do it.
    I'd bet on it...

I'm questioning it.
    I didn't take anything out of context you more or less say you can't be bothered with the way the game is designed to work with trades.

Furthermore, your explanation falls short and fails miserably when it's YOU that's making this difficult and not ZOS.
    YOU don't want to do what is intended as far as trading, again that's YOU not ZOS.

Get some tissue I guess, cry that river, hopefully you will build a bridge to get over it sooner than later.

You may not have done so directly, but telling me that "a 5 year old can do this and you can't" is insulting my intelligence.
    I've already stated that the trades themselves aren't the problem! There are mechanics in the game to trade items! I use them! I have no issues using them and I'm most definitely not too stupid to use them! The problem is finding a trade partner!

To me, joining a guild is essentially agreeing to commit myself to that guild. For this reason, I have a problem with joining a guild full of strangers for the sole purpose of trading one item, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Telling me I'm just being lazy when that isn't the case is just going to make me think even less of you.

I also realise that these are public forums and that I can't force you to leave. However, you chose to come here and start insulting me. You aren't wanted here, so please get out.
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 10, 2015 9:42PM
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A 5 year old can do it.
    I'd bet on it...

I'm questioning it.

Also, you're telling me that I'm making this difficult and that I don't want to do what is intended and that everything's my fault? All I did was give a list of reasons why the guild traders don't work for me. Are you seriously telling me you have a problem with that?
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 10, 2015 9:38PM
  • DevilFangs

A 5 year old can do it.
    I'd bet on it...

I'm questioning it.

Also, you're telling me that I'm making this difficult and that I don't want to do what is intended and that everything's my fault? All I did was give a list of reasons why the guild traders don't work for me. Are you seriously telling me you have a problem with that?

Nope. I'm not the one with the problem.
    You are making this difficult, it appears you'd be the one with the problem. Good luck getting that sorted out. I for one won't be QQing over trade mechanics that work perfectly fine for the vast majority of us.
    I actually get trades done.
    Ciao.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A 5 year old can do it.
    I'd bet on it...

I'm questioning it.

Nope. I'm not the one with the problem.
    You are making this difficult, it appears you'd be the one with the problem. Good luck getting that sorted out. I for one won't be QQing over trade mechanics that work perfectly fine for the vast majority of us.
    I actually get trades done.
    Ciao.

...wait...he's gone? Nice! Now I get to discuss my plan for world domination!

He'll never see it coming...muahaha...

In all seriousness, you're an insult to the genome and I'm glad you're gone.
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on July 10, 2015 10:04PM