Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tanking in werewolf

Fububoo
Fububoo
Soul Shriven
My question for this forum to answer is: why?

There are no taunt abilities
It's total chaos in dungeons

My experience with werewolf has been so painful I almost wish they would remove the whole thing from the game. Or at least Ieast give their howl an aoe (or direct) taunt. People keep trying to play how they want to play but this is an MMO and wasting other's time is crazy and disrespectful. I'm speaking Console version - maybe PC players know how to do it.

So I beg you all. Stop queuing as a tank and then running the whole dungeon (or as much as UTL possible) in werewolf when you should be tanking. Sword <---- and
> board.

Ps: all you onesies and twosies that claim you can do it - congratulations, not every artist is a successful pop diva, keep that in mind.
Can't think of a cool quote to write!
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the werewolf form is a good elite against single bosses (or after the adds are whiped). Although they lack a taunt, they do have good ways of regaining attention (and cause you started out with sword and shield, you should have full attention allready). So it is absolutly viable to use a werewolf as one of your elites.

But the matter is that people need to learn when to do it, and when to leave the form again (if you loose agro and don't regain it quickly enough).

But this is no different then any other 1 million "learn to play" issues. Do you really think that those people ruining your run will suddenly be excellent tanks when they don't transform to werewolf??

Pug's are pug's, don't blame it on the wolf, but blame it on the person not knowing how to perform thier role ;)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is not designed for tanking, nor should anyone ever use it for such. Even if you run 1h/shield, when you transform you lose all of those blocking benefits.

It's designed for damage output, and it isnt even that great in that regard compared to just staying out of form and using your weapon and class abilities.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please do not tank in werewolf form. As a DPS I'm too often trying to save our healer when a tank switches to wolf form.

The werewolf is not a tank, it's an angry dog.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Fububoo
    Fububoo
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with all of you. No I don't think they will be excellent tanks - I do believe they will be marginally better, which is good enough for me. 15 seconds less of me, the other dps, and the healer being hit is a big deal.

I only mention it because of the off chance one of these baddies may read this and improve.
    Can't think of a cool quote to write!