Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Engine Guardian Farming?

Vynist
Vynist
✭✭✭
Hey all! I am currently trying to farm Engine Guardian shoulders and helm. I am a big PvP'er and the only reason I am doing PvE right now is because I need the set lol, so I don't know much about dungeons and all that. Needed some input from you guys!

1.) It took me like 40 mins to find a group to start. Is there a faster way to get people?
2.) I was healing on my v14 templar and with 1475 magicka regen and I seemed to struggle keeping my magicka levels up on the last boss. Any tips?
3.) We wiped twice then everyone left. Is there an easier way to kill the boss? I have heard people can do an entire run in 10 mins :open_mouth:
4.) I am running 5 light, 2 heavy right now similar to blabafat's magicka templar build. But I want the undaunted passives. Should I go:
-5 light, 1 heavy, 1 medium
-4 light, 2 heavy, 1 medium
5.) I really enjoy PvP over PvE, so the sooner I can farm these engine Guardian sets the sooner I can get back to the PvP I love. Any info on how to speed things up/find groups faster/faster speed runs/healing or DPS tactics?

If this is in the wrong spot, please let me know. Thank you all in advance!
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    bump for advice :)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Join a PvE guild

2. Magicka regen is moot in PvE. In PvE, spell damage>max mag>cost reduction is the meta

3. Boss does 3 phases, lightning (blue), Fire (red), Poison (green).
    Blue phase:
    Adds come out during the blue phase, focus them during blue phase before going back to boss.
    Red phase:
    If boss is moving towards you - stay on the far side of the mortars.
    If boss moving away from you - stay in between the mortar drops and boss.
    note: only the initial mortar drop causes damage, then the red circle remains for a second in which you can stand in it without taking damage.
    Green phase:
    Continue to follow boss but make sure the group stays close together. Healer needs to heal through this phase. big heals.

4. stick with 5 light/1MA/1HA. The fourth LA passive "prodigy" requires a full 5 piece, increases you spell critical, which increases your heals.

5. Work on possibly switching to dps if you can't find any. request in zone for helm farm specific runs. A lot of DSC can be skipped. Try to find someone who knows when and where to skip in the dungeon.

Finally, it may be likely that undaunted sets will go to v16 in the next patch...so a lot of us are saving our gold keys. the undaunted chest obv is the only place to get the shoulders.
    Edited by Cuyler on July 8, 2015 8:40PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    So first are you PC/Mac or Console?

If you're PC/Mac I would suggest you go to where the undaunted pledges are for your alliance, for instance Mournhold in Deshaan for EP. Ask in Zone for people wanting to grind for this helmet and you should find someone.

As far as the dungeon/battle goes there are a few things in this dungeon you can do if you are specifically interested in just the helm.

You have to fight the ground pound boss and the actual Engine Guardian boss (the final boss) All others can be skipped either by running/sneaking past or letting your group die then run while in "ghost mode" to the next area.

For the final boss forget a tank, it's not necessary or useful to have one. If you have a tank in group try and get them to switch to DPS as much as they can. The boss is a pure ranged DPS fight and you as the healer will be really busy.

The boss goes through phases as you probably saw. A fire phase a poison phase and an electric phase. Just learn the signs and how to react to each but most importantly just do mass DPS on the boss. The only time you shouldn't be hammering the boss is when those dwarven spheres spawn. If you have a DK have him equip chains and pull all of those spheres close and everyone AOE them down quickly then right back on the boss.

Hope that helps.
    Phaedrus Wolf
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    1. Join a PvE guild

2. Magicka regen is moot in PvE. In PvE, spell damage>max mag>cost reduction is the meta

3. Boss does 3 phases, lightning (blue), Fire (red), Poison (green).
    Blue phase:
    Adds come out during the blue phase, focus them during blue phase before going back to boss.
    Red phase:
    If boss is moving towards you - stay on the far side of the mortars.
    If boss moving away from you - stay in between the mortar drops and boss.
    note: only the initial mortar drop causes damage, then the red circle remains for a second in which you can stand in it without taking damage.
    Green phase:
    Continue to follow boss but make sure the group stays close together. Healer needs to heal through this phase. big heals.

4. stick with 5 light/1MA/1HA. The fourth LA passive "prodigy" requires a full 5 piece, increases you spell critical, which increases your heals.

5. Work on possibly switching to dps if you can find any. request in zone for helm farm specific runs. A lot of DSC can be skipped. Try to find someone who knows when and where to skip in the dungeon.

Finally, it may be likely that undaunted sets will go to v16 in the next patch...so a lot of us are saving our gold keys. the undaunted chest obv is the only place to get the shoulders.

Wow thank you very much for the info! Much appreciated :D
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Phaedrus wrote: »
    So first are you PC/Mac or Console?

If you're PC/Mac I would suggest you go to where the undaunted pledges are for your alliance, for instance Mournhold in Deshaan for EP. Ask in Zone for people wanting to grind for this helmet and you should find someone.

As far as the dungeon/battle goes there are a few things in this dungeon you can do if you are specifically interested in just the helm.

You have to fight the ground pound boss and the actual Engine Guardian boss (the final boss) All others can be skipped either by running/sneaking past or letting your group die then run while in "ghost mode" to the next area.

For the final boss forget a tank, it's not necessary or useful to have one. If you have a tank in group try and get them to switch to DPS as much as they can. The boss is a pure ranged DPS fight and you as the healer will be really busy.

The boss goes through phases as you probably saw. A fire phase a poison phase and an electric phase. Just learn the signs and how to react to each but most importantly just do mass DPS on the boss. The only time you shouldn't be hammering the boss is when those dwarven spheres spawn. If you have a DK have him equip chains and pull all of those spheres close and everyone AOE them down quickly then right back on the boss.

Hope that helps.

I am PC :) And thanks for the info, all of this really helps. Appreciate it.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You got so many tips already, but gonna write anyway. I have not tried, but cant you touch the levers in the middle or something? In goldpledge you cant, but in regular farming makes no difference.

But yeah, if you can heal through the poison, you have done your job. J
    You need no tank, but 3 good dps. Then boss is down in less then 2 min. If they cant stay out of the red aoe or interrupt the dwermer adds, its their fault, not yours. Cant heal a oneshot.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the green phase i have managed to heal my group using nothing more than a Magicka regen build (2K+ in 7/7 heavy armor) and Ritual of Rebirth + Practiced incarnation combo.
    This combo (together with the High Magicka regen) makes it that you won't run out of magicka.
    Although some people might dispute the use of Healing Ritual (and Morphs), it's a very useful tool in these types of situations.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.