Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Struggling with even starting dungeons for Undaunted progression.

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
I feel I'm very behind regarding progression on this skill line, I am a level 35 Nightblade using 2H/Restoration Staff and the Undaunted bar itself is 3/4 of the way full on the first rank out of ten, due to my delve related achievements. I haven't been able to do any of the public dungeons as most of the time when I use the grouping tool, the other users are questing in a different zone/preoccupied, any ideas how I can get back on track? I personally am looking to get the bone shield ability along with the passives, for PVP of course. I have only completed one dungeon on the game and that was the first one located in Stonefalls with the goblins on another character, who I recently deleted after wanting to change classes.

As this is my first post I would preferably not want much hassle if I have done anything wrong regarding forum etiquette, please inform me politely and clearly.

Many thanks,

P.s I'm a console player.
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    UnDaunted is purely linked to dungeons ... with a LFG that does not seem to work well on consoles (no clear reason why) then unDaunted guild progression will be a challenge unless you can regularly organise guild runs.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    I know how to rank up, it's just actually managing to do them that is the issue. LFG? The build is working well for me at the moment, quite comfortable in PVP, however I presume it wouldn't last too long in a dungeon on its own, which I've no doubt tested and proven to be very true..
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    LFG = Looking For Group (aka Group finder in the console commands)

your best bet still is a guild that runs dungeons and Undaunted dailies
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know exactly what communication you are allowed to in the game, maybe if you joined a bigger guild for the purpose of dungeoning it would help.

We on pc with access to zonechat etc. even have this issue.
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Group Finder leaves a lot to be desired on console. I hope they're addressing this feature in the future, because I doubt you'll find anyone using it currently.

Your best bet for finding people to run dungeons with is either standing outside the dungeon itself and inviting random players or joining a guild and asking its members through guild voice chat/PSN (or XBOX) Messaging if they'll group up. You might find an LFG (looking for group) forum on Reddit or a different site, but other than that I don't know.
  • cerf
    cerf
    Are you trying to solo or in a group? For a dungeon, I've found it close to impossible to do it solo... I'm a lvl 30 NB vampire if you're on the same server and wanna hit me up.

Faction: Daggerfall Convenant
    Server: NA
    Console: PS4
    PSN: sifuhoot

Wouldn't mind to do some dungeons and I may be able to get 1-2 more friends to help but their levels are a lot different from mine, going both ways (higher and lower).
    PSN: sifuhoot
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cerf wrote: »
    Are you trying to solo or in a group? For a dungeon, I've found it close to impossible to do it solo...
    Most of the non veteran group dungeons are soloable, if you group up with a low level and give them leadership, so the dungeon scales to their level - then you stay in group and do the dungeon till you're finished, then you can leave group with the low level. He doesn't even need to enter the dungeon with you, for it to scale down ^^
    -However for xp, loot and just general experience with the game, I would recomend you do dungeons with others who are around your own level.

Beware:
    Direfrost Keep is not soloable, 2 people minimum have to stand on a platform each for a gate to open up.
    Blackheart Haven endboss requires you to have a massive amount of dps and you must downscale if you solo, so you kill the boss before it transform you into a fragile skeleton.
    Vaults of Madness harvester boss requires you scale dungeon down, because she will hold you up and you can't break her CC, when you are free of the CC you have to focus on preventing her from getting her healing orbs, or els she heals faster than you can dps.