Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon knigh build help

predkill29
predkill29
✭✭
I don't think I'm doing a lot of damage in campaign but when I'm in pve im fine I can sometimes be killed by lv 20-40
So can anyone help me out with my class

Class: dragon knigh -veteran rank 2
Race: imperial
Attribute points: magicka 24/ health 20 stamina 6
Werewolf

Main hand: two handed
First skill bar
Critical charge( two handed)
Uppercut(two handed)
Molten whip(ardent flame)
Extended chain(ardent flame)
Burning talons(draconic power)
Ultimate- werewolf berserker

Off hand: bow
Second skill bar
Poison injection(bow)
Snipe(bow)
Molten wip(ardent flame)
Rapid maneuver(assault)
Green dragon blood(draconic power)
Ultimate- ferocious leap(draconic power)

Does anyone have a recomandation on what I should do or change,
I feel like my class is all messed up and it would it be better for me to go magicka
Or stay stamina -thanks
-Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
Master crafter
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems your a hybrid build, hybrid builds are generally weaker to a speciliased build so i'd suggest figure out if you want to be a magicka or stamina first.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Stamina but if I go stamina can I not use abilitys like dragon blood or extended chain?
    Master crafter
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like you're trying to do a mixed build. Those aren't as successful in PvP. You should concentrate on either stamina or magicka.

With your weapon choice of 2H + Bow you should get as high of stamina as you can. I would suggest you respec and take those points out of Magicka and put into Stamina.

I run an imperial DK with stam build and I do 0 Magicka 10 Health 52 Stamina.

When you do that you will probably want to look at some of your skills, Molten Whip won't hit nearly as hard because you won't have the magicka, same with burning talons.

Here are my skills I use as a stam DK and I am pretty successful in PvP.

2H
    Crit Charge
    Petrify
    Turn undead or Silver shards
    Wrecking Blow
    Rally

Dual Weild
    Steel Tornado
    Igneous Shield
    Vigor (Or dragon blood if you're solo or don't have vigor)
    Flying Blade
    Reflective Scales

Next thing you'll want to look at is Weapon Damage. In your build you might be split between spell damage and weapon damage. Remember anything that costs magicka will scale with spell damage and anything that costs stamina will scale off weapon damage. If you go with a stam build you'll want to try and get your weapon damage up. Above 2k is decent but 3k is what you really want to strive for.

Then look at your sets and armor/weapon glyphs. Obviously again your armor should be geared towards Stamina and weapon damage so sets like the Ravaging PvP set or Hundings Rage crafted set are ideal but there are lots of options.

Werewolf is nice because of the increase for in-combat stam regen so stick with it. Most people don't like putting Werewolf ultimate on their bars though, when you actually transform into a werewolf you become a huge target and people will concentrate on you immediately. For ultimates I would keep ferocious leap but look at corrosive armor for the other bar. It deals damage to people in melee range but more importantly you ignore 100% of the enemies armor so basically you're attacking people as if they were naked for the duration of the ultimate. It's extremely powerful for a stam build DK.

Just my pointers, hope it helps.
    Edited by Phaedrus on July 7, 2015 7:57PM
    Phaedrus Wolf
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Wow thanks but you don't think bow? What about ranged?
    Master crafter
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    predkill29 wrote: »
    Wow thanks but you don't think bow? What about ranged?

Ya depends on your play style. Flying blade does have a nice range as well as silver shards (and everyone is a vampire in PvP)

If you're a ganker or like to concentrate on single target then ya bow's are nice for burst damage but you already have a single target bar in the 2H with a gap close in Crit rush.

However If you can get up close and personal with people hammer them down with wrecking blows and then move on to the next target you're good to go. At the same time try and switch to the other bar and put up those reflect wings to keep those sorcs and bow users at bay.

All about resource management and timing all those skills correctly but keep at it and you'll be wrecking people in no time.
    Phaedrus Wolf
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Ok last question will health be a problem only going 10 attribute points into it,I use nights silence armor anything recommended? And what armor do you use?
    Edited by predkill29 on July 7, 2015 8:01PM
    Master crafter
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    Nope you should be good on health for a couple reasons. 1st you're an imperial so you get 10% on top of your base. 2nd you're a DK and you have the best self heal in the game with Dragon Blood. Between food and the Battle Spirit you should be around 25k which is plenty of health.

Nights silence is OK but the 5 piece bonus isn't all that great. I would try and get a better 5 piece bonus set, like I said Hundings Rage is nice for crafted sets but there are seriously so many options out there. Currently I do 5 x Hundings 2 x Blood Spawn or Engine Guardian 3 x Pact (reduce ulti cost) and 2 x Shadow Walker.

You are still not max level so it's a good time to experiment with gear and not have to dedicate to getting them all yellow with max glyphs. I would say try different sets and find one that matches your play style the best.
    Phaedrus Wolf
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Okay thanks and is that medium or heavy armor and what Mundas stone
    Master crafter
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    I do 5 medium and 2 heavy. A lot of people do the inverse with 5 heavy and 2 medium. If you stick with your bow and like to sneak then keep the 5 medium.

I do the warrior stone for increased weapon damage but will probably switch to the stamina recovery stone whenever they decide to make one.
    Phaedrus Wolf