Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

will the xbox one and playstation 4 be getting future patches or updates?

Norse_Templar2112
Norse_Templar2112
Soul Shriven
As the title says, i am just wondering if there will be patches or updates for the new-gen consoles.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Probably. I mean they are working on the servers so I doubt that they have jumped ship on a game that released a month ago in current gen systems.
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    There are many future patches and updates planned from every source I have read and seen. The imperial city update is around the corner, and there is much more planned after that according to many sources from Beth and Zen. This game has a steamrolling amount of player support and popularity and I see no reason that the good folks who brought us the game won't continue to improve it. If you'd like to make sure of that, do what I did and buy a few months of ESO plus! :P I love this game and I'll continue to happily hand them my money hand over fist so long as they hold up their end and continue to improve the game and add content.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    JJBaboon wrote: »
    There are many future patches and updates planned from every source I have read and seen. The imperial city update is around the corner, and there is much more planned after that according to many sources from Beth and Zen. This game has a steamrolling amount of player support and popularity and I see no reason that the good folks who brought us the game won't continue to improve it. If you'd like to make sure of that, do what I did and buy a few months of ESO plus! :P I love this game and I'll continue to happily hand them my money hand over fist so long as they hold up their end and continue to improve the game and add content.

Please don't plug eso plus to someone who I'm assuming is new to the game or forums without giving them all the information. Buying eso plus is not the only way to make sure the company continues to improve the game. Op please do some research before subbing to eso plus. Make sure it's what you want rather than purchasing crown packs.

I too have no problem handing zos my money. Just in a different way lol.
    Edited by Chaos0720 on July 7, 2015 6:53AM
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    it is the job of any individual who is buying goods or services to do their due diligence in researching what they are buying. I was simply mentioning my support for the game in relation to the topic of the original poster about game patches and updates, and so my point stands. I will plug ESO plus all day and night becuase I thoroughly believe in the game and the benefits of the service. Of course the OP should look at what they are buying before making said choice, but my point was simply that supporting the game helps to generate future content. Sorry if that was unclear.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JJBaboon wrote: »
    If you'd like to make sure of that, do what I did and buy a few months of ESO plus! :P I love this game and I'll continue to happily hand them my money hand over fist so long as they hold up their end and continue to improve the game and add content.
    Oh you sweet summer child...
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't understand how anyone thinks a small xp boost justifies 15$ but to each their own. You're coming on a forum talking about people doing their diligence. People come here for their diligence. So your plug without any details could easily lead to misinformed consumers. But I'm not gonna argue lol. Like I said to each their own. We're both sitting on the same fence, just different sides, and that's okay because zos still gets our money.
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    Lol, I find it slightly ironic that you just included misleading information in a post about me misleading a consumer. The ESO plus membership is NOT just a small boost to XP. For that $15 a month you gain a boost to XP gain, gold gain, reduced research time, 1500 crowns each month purchased, and access to any and all DLC as it becomes available, for as long as you are an ESO plus member. I am not here to argue either, but you are not providing any more or less information (or information that is any more or less misleading) to the OP than I am.

To the OP - I am sorry if what I said was misleading. Indeed read the advantages you gain from ESO plus before commuting. The same goes to anyone thinking about purchasing it. Definitely worth it in my opinion, but it is just that.... my opinion.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Access to rent the dlc. If you ever cancel you get locked out. I've gone at great lengths as to why I feel that the subscription is worthless and I'm not going to repeat myself here. If you want to continue the discussion, find the post where me and another person went in great length as to why we feel it's not worth subscribing to.
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    I said "access to any and all DLC as it becomes available, for as long as you are and ESO plus member". I understand that you lose access if you let your subscription go. Regardless, I have made it clear here that I believe in the subscription and I respect your right to disagree. Further discussion is not necessary, but I understand it is not for everyone.

To OP (and to anyone else considering ESO Plus) you should definitely find Chaos0720's post and any other posts on the subject before you make any such decisions. There are many threads on the topic I'm sure, and everyone has there own ideas on it.
  • Norse_Templar2112
    Norse_Templar2112
    Soul Shriven
    OH K! XD...to any and all that answered my question THANK YOU...however, i am an eso plus member and i have yet to get my monthly 1500 crown incentive...thats my only quarrell with eso plus...other than that...im jw about the next patches so thanks everyone who posted :-D XDD
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Contrary to my initial belief, their customer support is actually helpful when you have a justified reason. I would suggest contacting them. There pretty good about getting things done quick. I got my issue fixed in one day
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    the consoles will get the same updates (from now on) as the pc, but with a few differences.
    1: updates to console games are checked by the platform (sony and xbox) this delays rolling them out.
    2: the implementation process is new and therefor it seems that ZoS is leaving out some minor details to avoid complicating the process in these early stages.

The goal however is to make the game on the consoles identical to the pc game. A good example is a fix in the moonlit path quest. Even though the only bugs with this quest where on consoles, they rolled out an update to that quest to the pc's yesterday, just so it works the same as on the console. I expect this update rolled out on the console soon too.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU