Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How easy is it to play with friends starting out?

Rizzice
Rizzice
Soul Shriven
I started not too long ago and have a couple friends who love skyrim and are really interested in the game.

Just wondering if I would be able to play with them pretty easily? I have read that a lot of quests don't really encourage team play, but I'm hoping we can at least experience some of the game together if they decide to get it.
  • Mhylton44142
    Mhylton44142
    ✭✭
    they can go with you and help you out or you help them, my brother in law has game and we play together on the weekends.
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    if you have the rings of mara you should go to the shrine with whichever one of your friends, is best at elder scrolls or which one you will play with mostly and do the ritual with them more xp together when u play
  • Egg_Death
    Egg_Death
    ✭✭
    I believe the content scales to the number of people in your group, so it would be different to doing quests on your own. You can also do the group dungeons with your friends, since those must be done with 3-4 people. The final bosses of quests are generally quite tough, and having a friend or two does help. I often find myself running with random people who are doing the same quest, and it's nice having some help for the bosses. There is one particular world boss in the Aldmeri Dominion that absolutely destroys me even at twice their level (a group of 3 boss necromancers).

It does seem that in general quests are more solo-oriented, but that doesn't mean they discourage team play. I've gotten into trouble more than once by agroing too many enemies in a dungeon and getting myself ganked. In a group you might enjoy clearing more than 2-3 enemies at a time.
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very easy to stay together, but you'll just both be doing the things and making sure each other waits.
    And no, don't go marry your friends in game because they are your friends in real life. That doesn't make any sense, and I predict that you will feel weird and regret it later.
  • delphwind_ESO
    delphwind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest you level through exploration and AoE grinding.

Download the mods Skyshards, and Lorebooks. Lead them through each zone finding all the books ans shards and do all the public dungeons and the quests inside them.

In each zone there are a few places that are excellent for AoE grinding (just google "eso aoe grinding").

If you try and quest together depending on your choices you could end up in difference instances and have general issues staying together.

Far and away the fastest way to level is AoE grinding, but don't neglect the Sky Shards and Lore Books as you will need those skill points! Some quest lines also offer skill points, but there seems to be more than enough skyshards in the game to fill out 2-3 different builds.

If they are in it for the lore than disregard everything I just said, group up and chat through the quests about decisions and enjoy the ride, it's one hell of a story. :)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Download the mods Skyshards, and Lorebooks. Lead them through each zone finding all the books ans shards and do all the public dungeons and the quests inside them.

absolutely ... presuming your are on PC and not console.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend