Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf vs vampire

sirhellraiser
What are the pros and cons for being a werewolf or vampire for socerrer
  • thewickerman34
    thewickerman34
    Soul Shriven
    Vampire:
    Pros:
    Vampire abilities use magicka and scale off of magicka, making them far more suited to caster type builds.
    Cons:
    They take a large debuff to fire damage, as well as a decreased health regeneration.

Werewolf:
    Pros:
    Werewolves gain a 15% stamina regen boost in combat that ends up helping any class.
    Cons:
    There skills use stamina and scale off of stamina, making them more suited for a stamina build.

Overall if you are a caster sorcerer, which I assumed as it seems to be standard these days, your best bet between the two is to go vampire, thought it has so significant drawbacks, namely the fire debuf.
  • James2914
    James2914
    As far as I'm aware, WW doesn't really have any uses for sorcerers. You'd want WW with a stamina based build. as it has a regen passive. I honestly don't know much past that regarding werewolves so I could be wrong.

Vamps on the other hand have stamina & magicka passive. The ultimate is amazing and costs a lot less when in stage 4. The downside is a significant loss to health regen, but this can be countered as a mage with an abundance of shield spells.
    You also get a hefty weakness to fire spells, but if you choose dunmer as your race, you get a natural resistance to fire through your passives. You can also enchant your jewellery to resist fire too.

As you can see, I say vamp all the way. WW is more directed towards melee I think.