Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scales of the Dragon

TheUrbanWizard
TheUrbanWizard
✭✭✭✭
Hi all, I'm at level 18 and have looted 2 scales of the dragon pieces in a short space of time. Should I put one up for sale at my guild store and if so what do they go for? Or should I just deconstruct one or both? Thanks for any help
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropped set items don't sell for much, on the PC anyway. However you can do the peeps a favor by listing it for a fair price, which on the PC is 100 to 200 gold each. Someone might be trying to complete the set before they out level it. If you list it higher on the PC, you may not sell it.

But, most dropped set items are bought for researching the trait more than set completion.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or if the 2 set bonus is a good one you might try wearing them...
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    Or if the 2 set bonus is a good one you might try wearing them...

This.

Otherwise dropped sets do sell for the same price as other green items anyway.
    People tend to deconstruct it for the Improving items that may come out of it.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    low level itrems do not have great sell. if you are going into guild store, keep the price low, otherwise deconstruction, if you need, is a better option.
  • Sickburp
    Sickburp
    I picked up level 15 scales of the dragon which I've been wearing for a while now. I was hoping to pair it with another item from the set for a bonus but no joy so far. Anyway, I improved it to superior which has extended it's use but I'm at the point where I need something tougher. Just wanted to know is this something I can learn to make for myself at a higher level or are there no crafting stations for dropped set items?
    PS4 - EU

EP - Nord Dragonknight (VR1)
    DC - Orc Dragonknight (LVL 8) / Breton Sorcerer (LVL 6) / Redguard Nightblade (LVL 6)
    AD - Wood Elf Nightblade (LVL 6)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sickburp wrote: »
    I picked up level 15 scales of the dragon which I've been wearing for a while now. I was hoping to pair it with another item from the set for a bonus but no joy so far. Anyway, I improved it to superior which has extended it's use but I'm at the point where I need something tougher. Just wanted to know is this something I can learn to make for myself at a higher level or are there no crafting stations for dropped set items?

No crafting stations for dropped items. Although you can get VR12 Dragon items from Trials. Or you can buy them from a guild trader when you hit VR12. They are not too expensive, either, because they are VR12, not VR14. But the difference between VR12 and VR14 is not as big as people make it out to be. If you like the set and its bonuses, you'll be able to get it at endgame.
  • Sickburp
    Sickburp
    Cool thanks!
    PS4 - EU

EP - Nord Dragonknight (VR1)
    DC - Orc Dragonknight (LVL 8) / Breton Sorcerer (LVL 6) / Redguard Nightblade (LVL 6)
    AD - Wood Elf Nightblade (LVL 6)
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry should have said they were both the same pieces, and since Im into medium armour I just deconstructed them both
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    They are not too expensive, either, because they are VR12, not VR14. But the difference between VR12 and VR14 is not as big as people make it out to be. If you like the set and its bonuses, you'll be able to get it at endgame.

This is why I love the Min Maxers. Because of them, VR12 and VR13 gear is cheap, almost given away. And it's just a tick below the VR14 stuff, not so much that it really matters.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"