Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Guild Store Noob Question

Yukonjack
Yukonjack
Hi all -

So, I finally joined a trading guild, and was playing around last night with selling things. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to see what items are going for, other than individually searching for each one (and that is a serious pain). Is there some function I am missing to seer what duplicate items are being listed for?
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for console players, there are no add-ons to remedy the time-consuming practice of price checking/comparison. PC players have that option.

If you're only in one Trading Guild, I would recommend joining another 1-2 more so that more listings are available for you to see. You can browse by item type and price range (though I generally leave the latter alone) to see if there's anything on the market similar/indentical to what you want to sell. If nothing shows up, that means nothing with whatever criteria you chose is up sale.

Being a trader/seller is a bit of a learning curve. You have to mentally keep stock of how much certain items go for. You can get a good feel for the market by just running around a large city and going to all the Guild Traders for other guilds (you don't have to be in those guilds to look at/buy what they're selling) and by listening to voice chat in populated areas.

In general, I've found there's no "set" price for anything; it fluctuates with time/availability. For example, a rare (blue) motif may sell for anywhere between 2,000 - 5,000. A Dwemer (purple) motif can go for 10-25 K. Common (green) recipes usually sell for 200-250, while rare (blue) ones can net prices from 500 to near 1 K. Materials (raw and refined) vary. With crafted items, it depends on level, quality (white, green, blue, etc.), traits (there are some that are more desirable), and enchantments.

Overall, the best advice I could give you is to set prices you think are reasonable. Try to get the most bang for your buck, of course, but don't rip people off. Ask yourself: "Would I buy this item for that price?". If all else fails, just ask your friends/guildmates/strangers for honest opinions if you're really stuck on what you should list something for. More experienced players will know, and I'm sure there are more than a few willing to share what they've learned.

Hope that helps :)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well even with addons on pc version you end up browsing the stuff in the store before you put anything up for sale, and here is why:

Trading guilds are for sellers, buyers can buy from the available trader the guild have bidded to. Any trading guild with respect for itself will have a trader.

When you set items for sale, you don't want to sell too cheap but if you have competition and just want to get rid of it easily, you have to browse through the guild, see if anyone sells for alf the price your addon says so - in that case, you must either sell in another guild or adapt and put a lower price on your item.

There are other important information too: in case you want to sell improvement materials, 2 blue tempers can be sold for a higher price than a stack of 200 blue tempers. Someone who buys 2 blue tempers need them fast for his armor, where as the 200 in a stack are usually sold to crafters who craft a lot and need more materials - or resellers (basically someone that buys the stuff cheap, devides the stack and tries to resell it for a higher price individually. )

Addons are only good guides, don't ever put too much trust in them. The popular Master Merchant addon tells you the prices of the items that are sold through your guilds only.
  • Yukonjack
    Yukonjack
    Thank you, I guess I will have to keep an old fashioned paper list lol. Hope the devs fix this soon! Appreciate the feedback.