Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why won't people except free bite?!?

Ghost666Blaze
Ok seriously so many people complain about getting scammed or having to pay to much for a bite including myself but I had recently got bit by a npc and I want to give my bites for free so I leveled up and went to a shrine and was saying I have a free bite available for the longest time I couldn't find someone interested I still saw people paying and atleast 4 people get scammed and leave then finally someone with common sense said they would love to have it for free and thanked me and said there should be more people like that. So my question for all of you is what's your thoughts on what I just said?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Human nature is predictable.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Ghost666Blaze
    True, but man common sense isn't so common anymore lol. But I mean really with the prices while i was there were ranging from 5k to 15k which 5k isn't bad but 15k is kinda high especially if your not selling things or trading things and then there also the chance of getting scammed for like 15k so if someone offering it for free take it because I don't feel like hearing some one complain about getting scammed while I was there offering free bite. Knoe what I mean? Lol
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scepticism..no such thing as a free bite ;)
    Sell harder lol.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe - if they get if for free - they feel guilty asking Xk gold afterwards themselves .. or ... people feel that they really earned it by paying for it.

Anyways - nice of you to give it away for free. I would keep it up if I were you. If there are more of you, the gold scam will fade away.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried selling it for 1 gold?

Some people are cautious about there being a catch when things are too unbalanced.
    Edited by Sacadon on July 1, 2015 12:25PM
  • Ghost666Blaze
    That could be a possibility that they kinda wanna earn it in a way but yea I'm still giving away for free. Or just for fun like you said and sell for one gold lol maybe they will still get that feeling of earning it lol. I did see one person selling it for one lockpick and insect part.
  • BalekFekete
    I feel bad for the OP. If you're on the NA server in the Aldmeri Dominion, then drop me a message (GT - BalekFekete). More than happy to help you with your problem and accept a bite for free. ;)
    "Beer is proof that God love us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Ghost666Blaze
    Lol well I did manage to give bite away so I still have another 5 1/2 day cool down before I can bite again plus I am na server but ebonheart pact sorry.
  • Yugi_ZT270
    Lol well I did manage to give bite away so I still have another 5 1/2 day cool down before I can bite again plus I am na server but ebonheart pact sorry.

I'm in the same alliance and server you are. I've been looking for a vampire bite for a while now, would you mind helping me out once you recharge? My info is in my signature.
    Xbox One - RNe Invictus
    )==================================================(
    Main Character: Gol'dur VR8 {Ebonheart Pact}
    Skills: Blacksmithing, Enchanting, and Woodworking
    Bite: Vampire {Weekly Free Bites given to Friends and Guildmates first}
    )==================================================(
  • DarkWind79
    I would love a bite if possible.

Balearic Badger
    X One
    EU server
    EH Pact

Thank you
    Xbox One
    EU Server
    EH Pact
    Guild - Badgers of Woe
  • duckx0nxquack
    duckx0nxquack
    Soul Shriven
    I am looking as well. NA ebonhart pact. Duckx0nxquack is my GT.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't offer, seriously if someone bite'able is near the shrine, just bite them and move on.

vampire_1630409c.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe, and this is just a wild thought, they don't want to be a vampire or werewolf?

I don't want a bite, free or not.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    if they don't want a bite they shouldn't be hovering around the shrines then ... just my opinion
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Ghost666Blaze
    Well I was only offering it by the shrine so why would someone being hanging out there if they didn't want one is where I was getting at, but yea I agree with you OzJohnD.
  • holroydk
    holroydk
    Soul Shriven
    Wouldn't mind being bitten, (vampire), currently at the aldermeri shrine one the eu server. My psn is KiersJ96
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok seriously so many people complain about getting scammed or having to pay to much for a bite including myself but I had recently got bit by a npc and I want to give my bites for free so I leveled up and went to a shrine and was saying I have a free bite available for the longest time I couldn't find someone interested I still saw people paying and atleast 4 people get scammed and leave then finally someone with common sense said they would love to have it for free and thanked me and said there should be more people like that. So my question for all of you is what's your thoughts on what I just said?

We at immortal kings give all bites for free, we're fast becoming the largest EU guild for vamps n werewolves

Though we still see people begging to pay us ... It's patience you see, pay 10k now or get for free but wait in line ... Sad but true
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    SugaComa wrote: »
    We at immortal kings give all bites for free, we're fast becoming the largest EU guild for vamps n werewolves

Though we still see people begging to pay us ... It's patience you see, pay 10k now or get for free but wait in line ... Sad but true

A world where Vampires and Werewolves work together, what blasphemy is this?
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Said it before, I will never pay some one I don't know for a bite due to the individuals who have no morals. I would have happily paid for one, that is because I would see the bite being given as a kindness by the biter, that person would have gone to a lot of trouble to get infected, giving gold to that person would be my way of showing appreciation given that the wolf/vamp is giving me some thing which would save me a lot of effort trying to get. Maybe that is why some of the other players want to pay as well.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuroNL wrote: »
    SugaComa wrote: »

A world where Vampires and Werewolves work together, what blasphemy is this?

One were (see what I did there) we can help stabalise the world of tamriel, also check out http://esotradingpost.uk .. A site where we can solicit our crafts and scavenging for in game currency and hopefully build a fair economy with stabalised pricing cos seriously console users have no idea of the value of some items
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somwtimes I like to go to the shrine and bite people randomally :-)
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Don't offer, seriously if someone bite'able is near the shrine, just bite them and move on.

vampire_1630409c.jpg

This happened to me about 2 minutes after I was scammed for a small amount of gold. Was just standing there and all of a sudden bite animation.

Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?