The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to join a PvP server?

Azalin76
Azalin76
✭✭✭
Can anyone explain how the pvp servers work, what's the difference between guest and home? How do I know if anyone in my faction even plays on the server I am joining? I am totally new to pvp and on the PS4 and Zos doesn't really give us any information on how to do much of anything.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your Home Campaign, any Alliance Points you earn will also go towards your position on the Campaign Leaderboard (for Emperor) and the End of Campaign Reward (the higher your Reward Tier, the better reward you get). In your Guest Campaign, you can still earn AP, but it doesn't count to your reward or leaderboard standing.

You can tell vaguely how many players from each alliance are playing "right now" by looking at the campaign selection screen. You will see three bars that look like cell phone signal strength - this tells you (vaguely) how many players from each faction are in the Campaign as a percentage of the server capacity. 1 bar is less than 30% full, 2 bars is 30 - 60 % full, 3 bars is 60 - 90% full, and a padlock is 90% full or above.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the FAQ in the Alliance War subforum for more info:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/68593/alliance-war-faq
    Edited by Reverb on June 30, 2015 1:01PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it seems that on the ps4 the population bars are not working correctly, I joined haderus on the EP side because all of the bars were empty and when I got in and looked at the map the AD side controls everything and I mean everything the EP side nor the DC side had control of a single thing. IDK if this is a glitch or not but they need to fix this so ppl don't get stuck in pvp campaigns they can't do anything in. I tried contacting tech support and they couldn't evenhelp me figure out how the pvp servers works.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azalin76 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it seems that on the ps4 the population bars are not working correctly, I joined haderus on the EP side because all of the bars were empty and when I got in and looked at the map the AD side controls everything and I mean everything the EP side nor the DC side had control of a single thing. IDK if this is a glitch or not but they need to fix this so ppl don't get stuck in pvp campaigns they can't do anything in. I tried contacting tech support and they couldn't evenhelp me figure out how the pvp servers works.
    The population bars represent players currently in Cyrodiil, not number of keeps under one alliance's control. The campaign likely has low population among EP and DC specifically because AD own everything and it would be too much effort to retake it. AD pop is likely low because they now have nothing to do.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azalin76 wrote: »

Population bars only indicate how many people are currently playing in that campaign, and don't have anything to do with map control. This isn't a glitch or anything that tech support can help with. Extremely one sided campaigns are pretty normal, and usually have a very low population because there isn't much fun to be had. If you don't have an established campaign with your guild or group, look for one that has a moderate or high population for all factions. That is a pretty good indicator of a competetive map.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche