The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When will templars ultimates be better?!!

Forcebuster
Forcebuster
✭✭
None of the current templars ultimates are strong, I wonder how many people use Radial Sweep? probably less than 10% oh yea and don't forget the small radius of that skill which will make end up hitting the air most of the time, would be nice if it had an aoe knock down or maybe higher damage.Then we got nova and its morphs yes this one can be good for pve, and damage mitigation.However, you have to look down at the solar to hit the Gravity Crash which makes it useless in pvp specially in huge fights when u got all these lights going off, and all these synergies by the time you want to hit the synergy its gone. Then u got right of passage yea its nice and all but try jumping on someone using it u'll burst them in a sec.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Then we got nova and its morphs yes this one can be good for pve, and damage mitigation.

Yea its a necessity most endgame trials so "can be good for pve" is an understatement. Also you don't have to look at the solar for the synergy just stand on top of it.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing ulti is pretty decent actually. It's cheap and currently there is a bug on it that you can cast it twice :p

Sweep is also good when you cast it in crowd otherwise it's BS for single target. The duration is too short and radius also too short, dmg is low, dmg reduction is low(for single target) But good for pve tanking.

Nova is just overpriced for what it does.
    Edited by Soris on June 30, 2015 11:23AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar healing ulti seems very underrated. Granted I have just started playing my Templar but I have found it very useful and very strong while trying to maintain a fixed position for even a few seconds. It's situational yes but I really like it.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the ultis arnt very good. But... In pvp the ultimates that most peolple use are

1)meteor
    2) barrier
    3) ferrocious leap
    4) dawnbreaker
    5) soul assault
    6) overload
    7) storm atronach

1, 2, 4 and 5 are open for anyone. Stationary ultis in pvp just are not very good in pvp except for atronach.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    I agree the ultis arnt very good. But... In pvp the ultimates that most peolple use are

1)meteor
    2) barrier
    3) ferrocious leap
    4) dawnbreaker
    5) soul assault
    6) overload
    7) storm atronach

1, 2, 4 and 5 are open for anyone. Stationary ultis in pvp just are not very good in pvp except for atronach.

Every time I see a storm atronach in Cyrodiil I cry for the "lost" negate that could have been used instead. I've never had an atronach on my death recap on any toon. It just doesn't seem like an effective ultimate in pvp.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soon©
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nova is the single most important move in end game PvE ultimate. In PvP it is a bit underwhelming considering its price, but drop that baby on a flag in a keep and its doing damage. Open field templar ultiates are not that useful but your have options like dawnbreaker and meteor to use.Plus Breath of life and Jesus beam are considered ultimates, right? >:)
    Reverb wrote: »

Every time I see a storm atronach in Cyrodiil I cry for the "lost" negate that could have been used instead. I've never had an atronach on my death recap on any toon. It just doesn't seem like an effective ultimate in pvp.

This

Atro is good if you are solo yolo, but no where near as beneficial as a negate for group play.
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Empowering Sweep is weak but still only usefull in PvP class ultimate. When you 1vX damage mitigation is kinda nice, also it apply mitigation on your damage shields.
    Nova cost still just too much.It is like greater version of Empowering Sweep, but insane cost and fact that it is ground-based ultimate make it almost useless in PvP.
    Remembrance/Incantation - after it nerf it won't help much in PvP unlike 1.5 coz you can't block and with current insane crits -->HPS is already lower than DPS of 2 enemies, also you can unintentionally cancel channeling. Even 23% damage mitigation is not helping much as block > damage mitigation.
    P.S. Vampire Swarm best ult for templars, if you are not vamoire - second best ult is Empowering Sweep.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭

1)meteor
    2) barrier
    3) ferrocious leap
    4) dawnbreaker
    5) soul assault
    6) overload
    7) storm atronach

Its not used for the dmg. Mines + atronach in the middle of said mines. A nice platform you can move around and dodge them pesky crit rushers/ snipers.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1)meteor
    2) barrier
    3) ferrocious leap
    4) dawnbreaker
    5) soul assault
    6) overload
    7) storm atronach

Its not used for the dmg. Mines + atronach in the middle of said mines. A nice platform you can move around and dodge them pesky crit rushers/ snipers.
    Ye, this is very nice combo. However atro is worst ult vs Templar coz we can Eclipse atro and recieve like 3k hps for free till atro expire.
  • Truewan
    Truewan
    ✭✭
    Yeah I really do believe radical sweep is the worst ultimate in pvp.
  • jpalm1995
    jpalm1995
    ✭✭✭

1)meteor
    2) barrier
    3) ferrocious leap
    4) dawnbreaker
    5) soul assault
    6) overload
    7) storm atronach

Im automatically assuming this list is false since Soul Harvest isn't on there.
    I always say that I hate this game, yet for some reason i'm still here.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    jpalm1995 wrote: »

1)meteor
    2) barrier
    3) ferrocious leap
    4) dawnbreaker
    5) soul assault
    6) overload
    7) storm atronach

Im automatically assuming this list is false since Soul Harvest isn't on there.

Soul harvest is used quite a bit true. Not one of the top used in my day to day encounters though.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't hold your breathe. ZoS idea of balancing Templars is to make stealth inexplicable nerfs that are declared features months later (e.g. cast time on breath of life, Global cooldown on toppling charge).

Nova is necessary for clearing PvE content, but is pointless in PvP unless someone activates the synergy (which ZoS, it their infinite wisdom, made it so a player has to be standing in the exact middle of it). The Templar Healing ultimate is cute in backwater blade before people get barrier, but that's it. I found Empowering sweep modestly useful adventuring in Stonefalls when I was level 8....

Slot meteor, dawnbreaker of smiting, or go vampire and be done with Templar ultimates.

PS: Storm Atronach is a waste of ultimate when used in anything but a 1v1 scenario. Then again, with the nerf to negate, sorcerers are like Templars in that they have to scramble beyond their class list to use ultimate if they are not fans of Overload.