The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High end ingredients

AkDarkness33
AkDarkness33
✭✭
I've been adventuring throughout Tamriel, I run into many different ingredients, ore, wood ect...
Out of curiousity what's the supply & demand for each different item?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only give you PC prices, and something tells me your on the console. As we have an addon that we can get for the PC that tells us the average price something sells for. If your on PC, get the Master Merchant addon and you will have the info you need.

So, my advice is to browse the guild kiosks in the major cities and see what things are listed for. Note, if it has been listed for more than 5/10 days and it's a common item, it is probably priced too high. You can also see the sales history of your guild to see what is selling and for what price.

Console prices are much higher than PC prices right now. They will come down in time. Also, with the exception of L9 Materials for Equipment, it all sells for about the same price per stack. L9 Materials go for a little more as writs use those up much faster.

As for demand, all materials sell, raw materials command much higher prices as you can get Tempers from refining.
    Edited by Nestor on June 30, 2015 3:35PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AkDarkness33
    AkDarkness33
    ✭✭
    thanks, and yes im on the xbox 1 console so i dont have the luxury of the add-on, i've been just basically adventuring & collecting raw clothier, wood, & blacksmith material ran into alot of different alchemy ingredients but alas I got no room, been contimplating whether or not to sell the raws or refine for upgrade material...

still got along way to go on my skill tree towards, getting the passive for better items improvement material...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks, and yes im on the xbox 1 console so i dont have the luxury of the add-on, i've been just basically adventuring & collecting raw clothier, wood, & blacksmith material ran into alot of different alchemy ingredients but alas I got no room, been contimplating whether or not to sell the raws or refine for upgrade material...

still got along way to go on my skill tree towards, getting the passive for better items improvement material...

Heres the thing, your gathering mats in the right way in my mind, which is as you go along. You can also just go out and Farm for them too. But it is so nice to have the materials and ingredients on hand when you start crafting rather than going out and trying to find them then. And, MMOs seem to know when your looking for something specific, it will remove it from the game until you no longer need it, then you will trip over it each step.

Here is what you do, roll a Mule Character, or two. You can spend time on creating them or not, your not going to play them*, your going to use them for storage mules. Give them the first two bag space upgrades (400 and 2000 Gold) then start them feeing a horse for storage space each day. Put your excess ingredients on the mules until you get a 200 stack of each crafting item. Somethings you might get two or three 200 stacks.

Then once you have a 200 stack, then start selling the excess

*Some people will play the Mules long enough to get some skill points so they can run hirelings, some will take them out of Mule role and turn them into characters, so keep that in mind when your making the mules. Me, I made two of them ugly and useless so I would not be tempted to keep them around long. And, a year later, I still have them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AkDarkness33
    AkDarkness33
    ✭✭
    :D
    " I made two of them ugly & useless so I won't be tempted to keep them around to long."

that cracked me up dude, I like the sound of the extra storage I will have to take advantage of that tonight, here I was just focusing on the extra storage option with the bank and using up my precious gold to expand the inventory, *sigh* haha thanks again for the awesome idea...

I'll go out & make some big mean green ORC's for my storage mule's o:)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't know about the market in console, but I guess those that transferred their chars are ripping off all the new players of their goods, and sell them crap for high prices..

Here is what I know/ remember of PC prices:

-Raw materials are worth around 5000g for 200.
    -Refined materials are worth between 900g to 2500g for 200. Wood is usually a tiny bit more pricy than metals and cloth or hide, as it is a tiny bit more rare.
    -Flowers depend on the individual flower though. Some flowers such as nirnroot is mainly used by lvl 50 alchemists for doing writs, and they cost only around 50g each, where as columbine is currently at 350g each.
    -improvement materials: greens = around 10-60g each, blues around 60-200g each, purples around 200-600g each. The woodworking improvement materials are the cheapest, as you don't need it for armor, and you only need 1-2 weapons and 1 shield. Clothing is more expensive, because it is used for armor and you wear 7 armor parts. Blacksmithing is the most expensive one, since it is used for armor and weapons.

I don't remember prices on legendary improvement materials.

Please remember that these prices are active in the PC version, that is much more developed and established. I can imagine that blue and purple improvement materials will be much more expensive in the console version, because not enough players have gained up in ranks yet, to be able to do daily veteran pledges to get blue and purple items for deconstruction, to gain the improvement materials.