The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

God of Schemes *BUGGED*

clock_stoppa
clock_stoppa
Soul Shriven
After defeating molag bal and spawning in the Harborage you are given a little bit of dialogue then told to "Talk to the survivors".
When i go to talk to the survivors a quest marker is above the prophets head but not above Lyrus or Cadwells (I killed Sai).
After talking to the prophet nothing happens, he gives 3 bits of dialogue relating to where you can find him in game and the quest does not complete.
I have been stuck on this issue for 5 days and have posted multiple tickets, been put on hold for an hour and a half twice & am really at my wits end with this.
Really dissapointing to play through the whole game only to get to the main climax where you defeat the boss, only for it to be bugged and unable to proceed.
I was REALLY excited to go to the next are and quest too.
This was supposedly also an issue on PC launch back in april 2014, so you would of thought they would pre-empt.
I HAVE TRIED LOGGING OUT AND IN AND A CONSOLE RESET MULTIPLE TIMES- if i hear that suggestion again i am going to explode!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried loggi.... ;)

Seriously though, something you could try if you haven't done already is leaving the Harborage and logging off for 15 minutes or more, as after that time, instances go through a soft reset if you're not in them when you log off. What dialogue are you getting from the Prophet specifically? It sounds like he may be giving the wrong dialogue or something.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • clock_stoppa
    clock_stoppa
    Soul Shriven
    haha! i have tried this. Its been 4-5 days so i can safely say i have logged off out of the harborage for hours at a time. He is giving the right dialogue.
    The question options are like
    -Where can i find you after this?
    -Is Sai really dead? *spoiler*
    etc etc.
    I don't know if the issue is widespread but here is a thread where it happened on PC a year ago

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/82044/main-quest-bugged-talk-to-survivors-workaround-gamemaster-help

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/80027/still-not-patched-god-of-schemes-talking-to-survivors
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah fair enough, sounds like the dialogue is right then. Did you try talking to Lyris? What does she say?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • clock_stoppa
    clock_stoppa
    Soul Shriven
    Lyrus doesn't give me any options. She just whinges about the fight & it only gives me a Goodbye Option. Same with Cadwell.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I don't think there's anything left to try then, other than waiting for the next console maintenance. Maintenance, even if there is no actual patch, is the next stage up after a soft reset, as it involves a hard reset of the servers. If that doesn't fix the issue either, then waiting for the patch is all you can do. I'll just tag in @ZOS_TristanK to make sure that ZOS are aware of this game-breaker.
  • clock_stoppa
    clock_stoppa
    Soul Shriven
    Luckily for me i called up Elders Scrolls developers and within 5 minutes they sent me a Game master who messed around with the quest zone (making npcs dissapear then come back) and then suddenly it worked!
    Shout outs to Bethesda for getting *** done.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is awesome. Good job ZOS!
  • WhoMustDie
    WhoMustDie
    Soul Shriven
    Funny I just had the exact same bug happen to me and it won't let me end the "God of Schemes" mission...But I keep getting a UI Error message on my ps4 (user:/Saved Variables/ZO_Ingame.lva:152:Unfinished String Near ']+')....clock_stoppa would you have that phone number handy??? Please n Thank you...
  • Plith
    Plith
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue. I have tried leaving and doing other quests, logging out for the night and coming back, still a no go. I have also tried to submit a ticket via the in-game process and I keep getting an "error in your ticket submission" message, which is aggravating on its own because it takes about 10 minutes to type a detailed ticket using the Xbox on-screen keyboard. Is there really a hotline to call to get assistance over the phone??
  • Plith
    Plith
    Soul Shriven
    I don't have the luck that clock_stoppa did. I called the tech support line and after 45 minutes I got a rep, but he just said they are aware of the problem and hope to include it on the next patch, but are currently unaware of what is causing the issue and could not give an ETA for the fix.

• Osiinin
    Osiinin
    I just posted about this in general, whoops, should have looked here first.

I have had the exact same problem! This is ridiculous this has been around for over a year!
  • kunai42011
    I have been waiting over a week for a fix. Been patient but running out of things to do. Everything in cyrodiil is looking the same and ebonheart is all done.. hopefully from what I've been told the fix should be in the next update... hopefully
  • Osiinin
    Osiinin
    A week! That's ridiculous!

I got the standard reply email saying log out and back in after 5 mins but no reply yet to my follow up (but that's was only yesterday). I don't have a whole lot of hope after your comments :(

I still don't get this, it's ridiculous!
  • clock_stoppa
    clock_stoppa
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly i sent 3 tickets, and made 4 phone calls until i got onto the right guy who was super helpful and basically made the Game Master drop what he was busy with and help me. Strategy for the call would definately be to not call one day before or one day after maintenance or a major patch, wait time can be over an hour.
  • Osiinin
    Osiinin
    I got my second reply to my ticket just saying wait for patch.

I'm really angry, being told I can't play any more until a future patch with no eta. I stupidly paid for Esso plus too!!
  • kunai42011
    Im hoping the upcoming maintenance will fix this. Pushing on almost another week here with just doing grinding in cyrodiil and undaunted x.x
  • Osiinin
    Osiinin
    I just received an email from support saying a fix has been implemented and if I log out for 15 minutes it will now work.

I am not home to be able to test this now though. Anyone else had any luck?
  • kunai42011
    Seeing as the *fix* was yesterday i dont believe it worked seeing as im still stuck at the same place. Been checking every day after work. Hope today im not disappointed again
  • Plith
    Plith
    Soul Shriven
    They took the server down for maintenance this morning, but the quest is still stuck in the same place. Its been about 10 days for me. I gave up on this character for awhile and started another.
  • kunai42011
    Im pushing on 3 weeks here for this quest... really not pleased at all and wish a dev would reply to this. Seems alot of the focus is on the jathsogur quest or however you spell it... ITS NOT A MAIN QUEST!!!
  • Osiinin
    Osiinin
    I've lost motivation to even log back on to be honest, I think I would just be frustrated if I log on and its not fixed after that email.

I feel really sorry for your both, 10 days and 3 weeks, thats bloody ridiculous!
  • Osiinin
    Osiinin
    The emailed I got saying it was fixed was a lie. Its not fixed for me.

I am out, not bothering with this anymore. I hope you all have better luck :)
  • kunai42011
    I dont blame you. I can't even focus on a new character due to this.

All the focus seems to be on the jothsegur quest which is ridiculous
  • Osiinin
    Osiinin
    Agreed.

Good luck matey :)
  • XTHEY_call_ME_B
    XTHEY_call_ME_B
    Soul Shriven
    Same for me fellas I spent over 100$ and countless hours on this game. It makes me sick! I don't understand why it's only happening to select few. This isn't the first 2nd or 3rd quest I've had trouble with either. Smh
  • eligh0716
    eligh0716
    ✭✭
    Just got this bug on Xbox one 3 days ago I was hoping too log back in and it would let me turn in the LAST QUEST so I can progress my character with my friends but sadly they are vet 2 in dagger fall and I'm stuck in ebonheart with nothing left.... I hope they fix this really soon.
  • kunai42011
    eligh0716 wrote: »
    Just got this bug on Xbox one 3 days ago I was hoping too log back in and it would let me turn in the LAST QUEST so I can progress my character with my friends but sadly they are vet 2 in dagger fall and I'm stuck in ebonheart with nothing left.... I hope they fix this really soon.

I was vet 2 with friends were between 30 and 45.. im now vet 5 with them being vet 4-10 this has screwed over a select few but i do have a slight feeling they are waiting for a set number of players to get this bug before they focus on it. I also bout the collectors edition for xbox one.. and for this to happen makes me sick. Havent had any email or response back from support team lately other than the whole 'keep an eye on patches/updates for the week. Thanks for your patience.' Well my patience is running VERY thin now
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We did some checking on this issue this morning. We've got a fix for it that will be coming out in the next incremental patch for console (coming very soon.)
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • eligh0716
    eligh0716
    ✭✭
    Ok cool, I don't know, but maybe it's due to killing Sai. I also picked him and one of my friends as well. We both got this bug. All my other friends who picked another to kill are perfectly fine and finished the quest. Not sure, just a thought as you picked the same guy. Hopefully the next patch fixes this.
  • kunai42011
    Thanks for the great news jekerl. Been wanting someone to comment on this finally. Wondering tho if there will be even a slight compensation for this? It has been a game killer to some and would be nice to actually have something for how long the wait was. Sadly dont expect we will get anything tho with how its been going