The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eso mastery guide

heatblasr44
heatblasr44
Soul Shriven
Hi, I keep on seeing the eso mastery guide when I google for advice on certain issues. I understand there's a price to use it and before I even consider buying it at all, I'm just looking for some confirmation that the guide is not a scam so I won't be looking like a fool. Thanks for the help.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    I can not speak from experience, but I believe nothing in the guide will be all that unique.

It seems like a scam, and all the comments from happy customers on their website seem canned. I would save your money and just browse reddit, youtube, and other free resources if I were you.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    No DONT buy it ... there is enough in the public domain for free

much of what is in the guides is from the public domain

much of what is in the guides is not updated frequently enough

for the one mentioned you cant see what you get until you've paid for it and you cant access the forums until you sign up and give away your email to them. Once you can see the forums, you will find posts about people being very unhappy with the quality claiming they were simply copied from public domain sources and pointing out the lack of refunds despite request for them.

Sign up with a temporary email if you want to look ... but once you look you will realise its money wasted.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• heatblasr44
    heatblasr44
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, I thought it was a scam but just kinda of needed a second opinion. They keep on sending me emails about how it is a one time offer even though it's been almost a month. Just needed some second opinions. Thanks guys
  • Telfyre
    Telfyre
    Soul Shriven
    The eso mastery guides are a scam. They won't even come close to what they promise and advertise, but that is not what makes them scam. They will never give your money back if you request a refund. They said they would refund me the money and never did I tried to contact them several times and no reply. So my money is lost even though they promise a refund.

About the guides are bad very bad. Simply written with no depth whatsoever. You can find way better material on the web.

• Commish
    Commish
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing to do is to learn to play the game by playing the game. Just don't be in a hurry.
    I get the same emails. I look at what they claim, and realize I have either figured it out or know to ask my guild mates or check here on the forums. The vast majority of people on these forums are happy to answer your questions and pass on what they know.
    Don't waste your money.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with what everyone has said. Read the forums (but avoid the toxic people), watch YouTube, and especially twitch has helped my PvP skill. Seeing good pvpers in action, not just the 1vX montages you see on YT.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go watch some ESO videos on YT/Twitch or read one of the detailed guides on Tamriel Foundry.

Dont buy a mastery guide, big chance its a scam.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @heatblasr44
    Don't ever pay for a guide to ESO... scam or not, it is not worth it. All the information you will need help with, you can find on forums here or in the game by asking friends and guildies.

Also be aware, that if you seek help for a build or gear, big chance what's written on the internet is outdated. So create a new topic here for that purpose or ask your ingame friends and guildies.
    - If you want help with quests, bugs etc. then make sure to write what platform you play on, and what server. It might make a difference...

:3

• ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Don't buy it! Just from the headings on their website you can tell that it's not a very good resource. Only useful if you've somehow played the game without learning any of its mechanics or if your Internet is only able to navigate to the eso mastery page and you have no other choice. There is plenty of info elsewhere and if you have trouble, ask on here.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Furiant
    Furiant
    Soul Shriven
    Telfyre wrote: »
    ...They will never give your money back if you request a refund. They said they would refund me the money and never did I tried to contact them several times and no reply. So my money is lost even though they promise a refund.

My buddy joined the game not long ago while I was on break from it, and he's new to MMO's. He found this product on Google and bought it. He thought it would help him level up and understand the game. It wasn't useful in that regard and he asked for his money back several times. They simply never responded to his emails.

A guarantee is only such if it's enforceable. Anyone can "guarantee" your money back, then just ignore you. What are you going to do, hire a lawyer for $150 an hour to recoup $25?

Caveat emptor. This is not a company who is regulated by anything. There is no oversight nor ethics committee. It's some dude in a basement who is going to take your money and vanish. Nobody on the internet is interested in giving you anything for free.

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible at all." - Albert Einstein
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    The guides you purchase to the game are in several cases copy and paste versions of forum posts. You cannot sell guides online for this game. All information about the game even if it is a guide is intellectual property of Zenimax Online Studios. You are legally not allowed to charge for guides in the game. Donations to writers are allowed as a gift but not as a cost.

What content are you specifically looking for? I might be able to help
    Edited by crazmadsci on December 22, 2015 4:53AM
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • VailedTuba32765
    I got one of the guides, unfortunately I purchased the leveling guide when I wanted the build guide. I tried for two weeks to get my refund or an exchange for the one I wanted and never got word back from anybody what so ever. AND the stupid leveling guide walks you through every quest in every zone, which the game pretty much does for you already.
    I highly recommend staying away from them.
  • VailedTuba32765
    I really like this site it lets you share and look at all kinds of builds free. http://esoacademy.com/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most everything you need to know about the game can be found here at the forums, already asked, or at the following sites

http://tamrielfoundry.com/

http://www.esohead.com/

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online

I am sure I am leaving out some, but the above will get you 99% of the way there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of paying for this. I bought a lifetime membership - now they have updated the site, they want to charge me $37 to continue my lifetime access membership. [SNIP]
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on October 18, 2016 4:51PM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    its SCAM
    Just putting it on here for you all.. since they list ESOHEAD as a site they have been featured on.

I purchased the guides back in February. They sent me a welcome email, with links to their free stuff. They also gave me a link to Bookmark, which is now dead.

I stopped playing shortly after. In August they started sending me emails about the product again, and I thought I would start to play again. But I had no access to their guides, only the free ones that I downloaded.

Sent them numerous emails, never got a response. I thought, well, maybe I didn't actually "buy" the guides, so I looked as well as I could for the receipt. I coudn't find it, and sent numerous emails asking if I was a member or not. No one ever got back to me.

So I purchased it again, with a credit card, knowing that I could reverse the charges if it was just the same stuff they sent me in February. It was.

The website that takes your credit card was no help: I put in a support ticket, and the reply was to put in a support ticket. So I called my credit card and cancelled the charges.

Just getting this out there for you to see. I'm posting this on Deltias Gaming and Tamriel Foundry also, (if they have a forum) because these two sites were also listed as featuring this scam.
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    Telfyre wrote: »
    The eso mastery guides are a scam. They won't even come close to what they promise and advertise, but that is not what makes them scam. They will never give your money back if you request a refund. They said they would refund me the money and never did I tried to contact them several times and no reply. So my money is lost even though they promise a refund.

About the guides are bad very bad. Simply written with no depth whatsoever. You can find way better material on the web.

100% agreed. IMO, misrepresentation and failure to perform equates to scam. I made the mistake of buying them.

I was primarily interested in class guides, which in this case were indeed rather thin, nothing resembling what one would expect from the hype advertising them. The ones I received contained 4 builds per class (generally broken out by stamina/magika, damage/healing, ranged/melee, etc as relevant to the class). IMO, you can find better on the web: greater variety, greater depth, etc as the other posters have indicated. However, one thing is true: these "mastery guides" do tend to get updated promptly as the game evolves from patch to patch. Builds gleaned from the web are often out of date, and even when maintained, can take weeks to catch up to a new patch. This would not inconvenience an experienced player looking at a new class or interested in changing their play style, but for a beginner looking for cookie-cutter things to try, this could be confusing.

As well, when I purchased, access was clearly represented as a "subscription", with a "member's area" in which "updates" would be released. About 90 days after my purchase, they started advertising updates, but they never became available via the "member's area". Repeated attempts to contact them to obtain these "updates" were ignored. Subsequent repeated attempts to secure a refund were ignored.

Then I demanded a refund from their online payment broker, an enterprise called "ClickBank", first via their ticket system (ignored, they just forward these things to the merchant, who was already ignoring me, and cancel the ticket if no action is taken within a limited time period), then by interactive chat. I was informed that the 60-day return period on the "merchandise" had expired.

Lucky me, as with all purchases from new/unknown, possibly disreputable/fly-by-night web merchants, I had paid with my American Express card. AMEX has a very aggressive, effective fraud department (and merchants know it). I informed ClickBank that I would be filing a fraud complaint with AMEX, and "hung up" on them. They didn't give me time to file a complaint. Within 3 minutes I had a bunch of email waiting for me confirming a full refund, item by item, which to their credit ClickBank actually remitted in full to my card within 72 hours.

So, in short, AVOID "ESO Mastery Guides". Personally, I intend to avoid ClickBank as well (my only experience with them involved - again IMO - facilitation of fraud... not a great recommendation).

Your mileage may vary (YMMV).
    Edited by Aca2017 on February 12, 2017 5:55AM