The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crimson Cove quest Export Business bugged?

BergisMacBride
BergisMacBride
✭✭✭✭✭
Crimson Cove (Public Dungeon in Malabar Tor) has two quests associated with it: "Export Business" and "Naval Intelligence". Prior to 1.6 being released, I had completed both of these quests on my EP Vet ranked character but was saving the turn-in until after the patch to bank the XP for Champ level XP. I had completed most of the remainder of the dungeon, including the Group Challenge.

After the patch, BOTH quests were gone from my journal and not marked as completed. I was able to start and complete the quest "Naval Intelligence"; however, I could not find nor locate the quest for "Export Business" (NPC named Peras, supposed to be outside of the dungeon). Apparently this quest is required for dungeon "completion" (i.e., the dungeon turning white on the map). I'm a completionist so naturally I wanted this addressed. In the months since the patch I have sent in detailed /bug reports and Customer Service requests 3 times regarding the quest, all to no avail. The closest I got to receiving help was the first time when after several email exchanges, I was told that the folks looking into this also could not find the quest giver Peras either and they were looking into this situation. I heard no more on the matter and saw nothing in the patch notes.

I've returned after patches several times to the dungeon and have gone through it as well. Still no quest giver. I have also gone there with other VR chars who never did the quest or dungeon and he is not there for them either. The last two times I contacted Customer Service for help were distinctly unhelpful, telling me they were swamped with customer requests and to relog to see if I could get the quest.

I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem since the 1.6 patch. Could it be that perhaps my char/account is now bugged with respect to this quest?

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_AlanG, @ZOS_TristanK could you provide any help or insight into this matter? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • ibomeno
    ibomeno
    Soul Shriven
    I just got to crimson cove now, also can't find Peras, I remember him being outside of the dungeon leaning against one of the rocks. I came from PC to console, when I was playing PC I never had this issue. Hopefully gets fixed in tomorrows maintenance.
  • ibomeno
    ibomeno
    Soul Shriven
    Hey just ran threw crimson cove, found Peras up top, after the two from the Naval quest, thought id let you know.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for the info - he was indeed up there. I must have missed him on my earlier runs looking for him. He's on the ledge and quest marker doesn't appear until you get real close to him. At some point he was apparently moved inside although I don't recall seeing this in the patch notes.
  • henly1234
    henly1234
    Thanks so much for the info - he was indeed up there. I must have missed him on my earlier runs looking for him. He's on the ledge and quest marker doesn't appear until you get real close to him. At some point he was apparently moved inside although I don't recall seeing this in the patch notes.

All very well but how do i get to him, I've stood for ages trying to work it out, bet its something dead simple in which case I'm going to look like a right noob.

• PunkyBum
    PunkyBum
    Soul Shriven
    I have completed both quests, killed all bosses, but marker on map is still black.

Have the achievements for completing the dungeon though
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is nearly five years old the thread will be closed since some information may be outdated. If you are running into a big in game, you can start a new thread in the Bug Report forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.