The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Every time I relog I have to run repair first

Hanzus
Hanzus
✭✭✭
Why is it starting from last night it seems that every time I relog into the game I have to run repair first? Is it just me or what? , haven't seen any threads on this recently.

Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Edited by Hanzus on June 28, 2015 10:43PM
"Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
-Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
PC NA
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention, it comes up as error 209, if that helps.
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been happening to me for a week.

Every so often the game seems to get into this rut with me. Then there will come a patch or update or megaserver maintenance and it will be find for a while... then another patch or update or maintenance and it will be glitchy for a while.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use the launcher 0 it always was buggy - run directly from exe file.
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The error 209 has been with us since the dawn of time and ZOS have failed to fix it, just do a Search for "error 209" and see the pages of indexed threads.

Assuming you're on a PC the way round it is easy, set up a shortcut directly to the game itself (ESO.EXE), not the launcher, you'll find the game is perfectly okay, it's the Launcher that's broken.

So use the ESO.EXE shortcut to play normally and only use the Launcher one when you need to patch.
    Edited by KerinKor on June 29, 2015 7:13AM
    Options
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    1: never run repair when you get this error. It doesn't help and it is not needed You only need to run repair if you can't launch eso.exe directly or are running into issues when playing.
    2: rebooting the launcher often fixes this. You can also bypass the launcher directrly by creating a shortcit to the game itself (eso.exe).
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Options