Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Am I weird?

JankH
JankH
Is it odd how I preffer to grind rather than quest for exp? - I know questing gives more exp but there is something about grinding that I find appealing and for some weird reason I find it fun.

Am I the only one who thinks grinding is fun?

EDIT: I'm new here and apparently I do not have permission for a bunch of catagories so I'll have to stick this in players helping players.

PC EU
  • Snoopsy
    Snoopsy
    ✭✭
    When I first started the game last year, I stayed in the tutorial area till level 6 just killing the flame atronachs. I just came from playing Skyrim and found the combat fascinating in this game. No, you're not weird, but give it time and you'll start to do quests.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DESPISE questing in mmos.

I've managed to grind two charcters to VR ranks and a third to 45 without doing a single quest outside of the main story quest.

I don't recommend it in this game however, as solo grinding mobs in this game is EXTREMELY slow leveling xp.

I only do it 'cause I hate questing so much.

Back to the first part of your question....yes, you're probably weird....and I'm not saying that because of the grinding thing. B)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you are weird for liking grinding:P You're not alone in disliking questing though and there still are ways to grind experience MUCH faster than by questing. Granted, ZOS nerfs them soon as they find out so people are not sharing lately:P

I hate grinding but at this point I hate questing a lot more. Questing was fun for me first time through, not the third one so much...I grind because I want to level faster and without doing the damn quests for 3rd-4th time, and I say you're lucky you like it, you're gonna do it a loooooot if you decide to level several characters:P
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    I like to grind certain enemies, see what I can get out of them.
    Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is imo a personal opinion, so nothing wierd with you.
    However, you do have to realise that many quests give skillpoints. So skipping them and grind enemy's instead will mean you have less skillpoints. For any decent build, you only need bout 50 anyways, so its not a big issue, but it will mean that you are etiehr tied to a single role or have to respec at the shrines more often.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, but weird is good

ESO is designed to play however you like to play

.. if you want to you can fish all day ..

Just don't eat the turkey legs !
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend