The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

College Campus Connectivity - ESO could fail in couple of months

scoreupski
Similar to Destiny's release. Connection through campus internet would fail. You would be able to play for about 5 minutes until you loose connection to the server. Destiny WAS able to fix this problem and college students were able to connect. Now, I know it's summer right now, but when college students head back to school...they will most likely not be able to play. Can ESO fix this issue like Destiny? Will ESO fail in a couple months when the swarms of players hit up their campus internet? Or will ESO have a patch released soon like Destiny did.
  • scoreupski
    "Ultimately, it was determined that campus IT departments were using network monitoring devices that misinterpreted Destiny’s servers as bit torrent servers." I wonder if ESO has the same issue but it has not been brought up yet.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I see this is a big problem for those affected, I think "Will ESO fail in a couple of months" is more than a tad hyperbolic.

The irony of course is that college net admins only had to implement P2P filtering due to their students' massive piracy of music and videos in the first place.

Yes, I know P2P has 'legit' uses, I also know few college students were updating their Linux distros every night.
    Edited by KerinKor on June 26, 2015 8:49AM
  • scoreupski
    Oh no, I totally agree that the quote was far fetched...but it did catch your eye. It is very ironic but what isn't nowadays.