The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stories of the Second Age Sign-Up Thread

• KleinDovah
    That makes sense. So glad you don't have to use Crowns to purchase them, that'd be incredibly frustrating. The higher-tier colors are really nice, as well, such a shame they're difficult to get.

But thank you, I hadn't figured it out before.
    Why? Because I said so.
  • WandersWithMoonlight
    No prob, Bob. Now I've got the real challenge: tracking M'aiq the Liar.
  • Evi1_An9e1
    I like the Noxophilic Black dye from being a vampire, it's nice but I want the coldharbour black from the main quest. Speaking of and i'm sure we could work it into the roleplay but I got my ability to give people vampirism.
  • KleinDovah
    I actually found M'aiq completely on accident outside of Stonefalls, nearish to the teleporter bit.

And that's cool. I'm not sure my character would go for it, but you might find some use for it.
    Why? Because I said so.
  • Evi1_An9e1
    I caught the RP bug cause I came up with a story for one of my other characters lol.
  • Tribunal_Power
    Our first thread is up, folks!

Posting order will be first-come-first-serve until everyone has posted, and then we will follow that order from then on in the thread. Try to shoot for at least one good paragraph!

Just follow the lead and make an entrance, and we'll go from there!

[Sot2A] War Never Changes
  • KleinDovah
    Good Lord, I didn't realize I'd been gone so long. I'll hop on over there now.
    Why? Because I said so.
  • DarthSeverus394
    Yes! My people! I am 22 years old. Ive been into role playing games for as long as I can remember.Maybe 12 years? TES, SWTOR, Guild Wars, WoW, along with countless others. I also write, although I would be the first to emphasis amateur and brush the word author to the side. In recent years ive focused on plot development and character development more, trying to get away from thinking up god like mortals with no flaws. I found myself skipping through the meat of the story to reach the battle scenes. Impatient and amateur, I know. I do thoroughly enjoy it though. Since my endeavors keep me well rounded with games I may lack the lore specific knowledge you all have but its nothing some wiki searching cant fix. I play on the PS4 NA server. I have a character for each alliance, my main being ebonhart. Daggerfall - kajhiit nightblade, neutral. Aldmeri - High elf sorcerer, evil as it gets. Ebonhart - Breton templar, my beloved main character, good. Ive spent the most time on my templar and have the most thought put into him, but mentioned the others just in case we need to bring other characters due to lack of interest from others to join. I am not great with computers so as far as putting a picture on the profile I will need specific guidance, and yes you can all laugh at that. Since this thread didnt ask for character background or anything I will give just a short snippet of a scene for Tribunal to see and see if youd like to let me in on this thing!

Aberforth the Wise (in game name, I can use a last name for story purposes)

Aberforth slammed violently into the ground yet again, his chest taking the brunt of the impact. Struggling to regain his now blurred vision, he pushed himself up to his knees, spitting a gritty mixture of blood and dirt from his mouth. The air he so desperately wished to suck into his lungs was thick and poignant, making it difficult to do so. He had been transporting a group of Dominion defectors across the Shadowfen border when a scout party had caught up with them. Normally they wouldnt dare venture this far from Auridon but unbeknownst to him the elves he transported were high ranking Thalmor officials who wanted to leave the corrupt political life behind them. Now, it would seem that life had already caught up with them in the form of four highly trained Altmer magi, accompanied by a handful of scouts and soldiers, all watching as they played with their food and wasting no time attempting to relieve him of his followers. With odds like these it was only a matter of time until Aberforth would surely die, but he had a certain knack for surviving. He stood up to face his adversary's stern faces. He had been disarmed already, his shield and sword laying some few feet away in the middle of this forsaken forrest trail. They had learned not to underestimate him however, after sending a few soldiers to dispose of him only to see them gutted with ease. He stood between them and his cargo, holding a posture daring them to attack, despite his odds. He had hoped this would unnerve them, and so far it had. They were distraught by his state of wellness. No matter how much cosmetic damage they had managed to cause, it would all wash away in a golden aura not long after Aberforth composed himself. Adding to that, they were having trouble landing spells at all. Aberforth had yet to even attempt to attack them, choosing instead to save his precious and dwindling energy for defending himself and his group. Every spell the Altmer sent his way either redirected or disintegrated altogether before reaching him, ultimately just angering them more. They now surrounded him though, determined to put the disobedient dog down. Aberforth closed his eyes and took a deep breath, taking in the stench of his own sweat paired with the exotic wildlife that surrounded them, knowing that this was likely the final assault he could survive. All at once the mages pounced like tigers, using every empty hand and staff they all possessed to unleash a constant torrent of impressive spellwork at their foe. The weary Breton made a last ditch effort to save himself and the others by diving backwards and bringing his hands above him just in time to raise a magical ward around him and the cowering ex-Thalmor. The pure volume of spells quickly brought him down to one knee as he struggled to maintain his ward. Vision blurring, strength fading, he looked up just in time to catch a glimpse of four dark silhouttes entering his line of sight. The sound of steel piercing soft flesh was the last thing he heard before his world went dark.
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Hey tribunal can I role a second character or at least use him in parts of Galdryns activities?
  • Tribunal_Power
    Hey there, Severus! Sounds like you'll fit in pretty well with us! Go ahead and make a profile when you get time-- the template is on the first page. For your profile picture, you can just snap a picture with your cell phone (that's what I did) and upload it to tinypic.com or a similar site, and then put that url between tags that look like this but without the space: [ img]urlgoeshere[ /img]

Evil, you can post a second character for approval, but I ask that you only use one character per thread. Other than that having other chars is fine, just don't create too many to play! Remember to try and stick with your in-game characters, too!

I believe it's my post in our thread-- I'll get that up soon. Glad to see this get off the ground!
    Edited by Tribunal_Power on July 8, 2015 1:48AM
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Eh i'll pass on it for now maybe later.
  • DarthSeverus394
    I should have a profile made by this weekend! Also, just somethin that crossed my mind. Ive already noticed in reading that there isnt a whole lot of diversity amongst characters. All so far are quiet, reserved, "badasses" who all strike me as the same. We have no boisterous nords or wily wood elves, etc. Id like to make up for that with mine but making a former priest too loud or obnoxious to make up for the lack there of wouldnt make a whole lot of sense. Just somethin to think about. May lead to some potentially boring and flat dialogue.
  • WandersWithMoonlight
    @DarthSeverus394 I suppose? I thought Bandivar and Svenik sounded like they're more rambunctious, less-reserved characters. I do agree, though. I've done RPs with all characters who are quiet and reserved and it tends to go nowhere fast. There is gonna be a bit more depth to Wanders personality to avoid that, but yeah.

I'm debating getting a second character approved for future threads, because I do in fact have a boisterous Nord and a wily Wood Elf, interestingly enough. They need a bit more work to make them interesting, though.
  • KleinDovah
    Svenik isn't so much a badass as someone who grew up needing to survive. She's more wary than anything and a wildcard as stated in her profile, but definitely not reserved or very quiet, even if she doesn't trust people easily. I made my character the way I play her in-game, and I thought our characters had a fair few similarities, but there was plenty of diversity between them.

Personally, I'm glad we don't have any boisterous Nords, at least. It fits too snugly into a boring stereotype that Nords are loud and incredibly rowdy. Granted, many are, I just despise that personality type after seeing it for so long. As for wily Bosmer... aren't they usually considered that as it is? They're usually skilled marksmen, after all.
    Edited by KleinDovah on July 9, 2015 12:52PM
    Why? Because I said so.
  • WandersWithMoonlight
    Mmh. That's a good point. The rowdy Nord archetype is kinda played out. Haha. I'm trying to avoid Wanders being the "silent badass" as well. She's reserved, yeah, but it's more of...an introvert thing, I suppose. She prefers to watch the world around her without much interaction from her. Like watching a play, I suppose. Though I guess now she's being roped into interacting with the world, which should be interesting for her character. Haha.
  • DarthSeverus394
    Upon reading through, all characters personalities except Gadryn are described as reserved, cautious, untrusting, etc on this previous page in their profiles. Just was somethin I caught on to while reading, its nothing that cannot be avoided very easily.
  • Evi1_An9e1
    I'm probably gonna post up either my Breton templar who is a stendarian holy knight who's trying to regain favor or my argonian sorcerer who is a crazy priest of sheogorath.
  • KleinDovah
    Caution and being untrusting isn't such a bad thing. I really don't think Svenik is described as reserved anywhere. But as it is, easily avoidable as it appears to be, it's how I wanted my character to be and act and that's really all that matters.

I'm sorry if I sound defensive. I initially took your comment as insulting, as though you were insinuating that we don't have interesting characters because 'they all strike you as the same'.
    Edited by KleinDovah on July 9, 2015 7:44PM
    Why? Because I said so.
  • Evi1_An9e1
    I'd actually like to get yalls opinion on that, which would you rather see next; a stendarian knight who was disgraced and changed into a werewolf by hircine and now he's struggling with his faith to get back into good graces or an argonian sorcerer devoted to sheogorath nuff said.
  • KleinDovah
    The first seems pretty interesting. Sounds like it would have more depth than just someone devoted to Sheogorath.
    Why? Because I said so.
  • Evi1_An9e1
    haven't really fleshed him out yet, mostly cause I haven't played him yet either. Started it and logged out to play Galdryn lol
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad I am stuck playing on PS4 cause this sounds like fun. Although I don't know if the rest of the crew would enjoy the company of Rioghnan... they'd probably think he was a pain in the butt.
    You die first!
  • Tribunal_Power
    Bandivar was once very reserved (he was an ordinator, for goodness' sake) but after being ejected for "debauchery", he has become a lot more... Human. He's taken to drinking, singing, and plowing (and I don't mean farming). That isn't necessarily discussed so much in his profile because it's an evolution of his character, but I do believe I mentioned something about how he likes to party.

It just goes to show that a profile can be very descriptive, but to get to know a char, you gotta RP with him. :P
  • KleinDovah
    I will warn that Svenik may be quiet for a time until I start finding more of a window to open her up. I haven't done forum RP in a while and it'll take a hot minute to get back in the saddle, heh.
    Why? Because I said so.
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    Ordinators aren't that reserved though. "We're watching you. Scum." I mean, just coz I jumped off the upper level of the canton and landed in front of you, that doesn't automatically make me scum. Geez. :smiley:
    You die first!
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Been kinda quiet on here.
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    Mos def.
    You die first!
  • Tribunal_Power
    Sorry about that guys, going through summer class finals over here! I will have a post up in the weekend and will have much more time to do this after this week, as the summer semester will be over.
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Cool man sorry to bother ya just got worried lol. I'm going to get another character posted soon hopefully.
  • KleinDovah
    I'm still around. Been working through the week usually, a few hours of practice each night and then doing some writing. I usually only pop in to check for posts, heh.
    Why? Because I said so.