Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

New Player Level Six Need Some Advice Please :)

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    .. well sticks around until killed or unsummoned ;)
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Ranique wrote: »
    As stated by UrQuan, make sure you got skills from all lines on your bar. He forgot one though. Also bring one weaponskill form the destruction staff skillline, so you level that up too.
    Well, the skill line will level just by using the staff even if you don't have any staff skills slotted, but it will take a lot longer... So yeah, having a skill from your weapon skill line slotted is always a good idea.
    daedric. i havent gotten that one yet i didnt think it was usefull is it?
    As with any skill line, you'll find some of the skills more useful than others (and this will vary from person to person, depending on their play style and what other skills they like to use), but it's always a good idea to level all of your class skills so that you have access to skills in the line that are unlocked at higher levels, and to the passives in the skill line. Personally at lower levels I like to use the Unstable Familiar skill, as it can help distract mobs from you when you're playing solo and going up against a group of enemies.

Even if you don't end up liking the active skills in the skill line very much, it's still very much worth keeping one on your skill bar and leveling the skill line so that you can have access to the Power Stone and Daedric Protection passives. The Power Stone passive gives you a flat-out reduction in the cost of ultimate abilities, which is incredibly useful (at level 6 you most likely don't have any ultimate abilities unlocked yet, but they are very powerful abilities that can only be used when you have built up enough 'ultimate' power for them), while the Daedric Protection passive gives you a significant increase to your health regeneration just for having 1 or more Daedric Summoning abilities on your skill bar.

Yea that's the only skill I haven't put any points in. Guess I'll do that one too => course now it will be behind all the others. Booooo.: /
    That's OK, it's early enough in the game for you that it will make little difference. And if you really want to level it quicker in order to catch up to the others you can put more than one skill from the line on your bar. If I were you, though, I wouldn't bother doing that unless you actually want to actively use more than one skill from the skill line.

i actually wanna find out what this winged creature thingy is and it appears to be in the daedric line? its like a winged gargoyle or something looks pretty cool :O
    That would be the winged Twilight. Personally I like the Restoring Twilight morph of it for the buff to magicka regeneration it gives you.

so it just sticks around forever?
    It, like the Unstable Familiar and its morphs, is a toggle. So you use the skill to summon it, and then it sticks around until you use the skill again to un-summon it, or until it gets killed, or until you go to another zone or delve or something. So yeah, it essentially just sticks around forever, fighting your enemies and such.

It is considered polite to not have it summoned when you're in a bank or other place in a city where there are a lot of players around, because it's really annoying when its flapping wings make it difficult to select the NPC you're trying to talk to...

oh wow :O ... cant wait to get it then :O . how long before ican morph it?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    .. well sticks around until killed or unsummoned ;)

thanks =p
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated by UrQuan, make sure you got skills from all lines on your bar. He forgot one though. Also bring one weaponskill form the destruction staff skillline, so you level that up too.
    Well, the skill line will level just by using the staff even if you don't have any staff skills slotted, but it will take a lot longer... So yeah, having a skill from your weapon skill line slotted is always a good idea.
    As with any skill line, you'll find some of the skills more useful than others (and this will vary from person to person, depending on their play style and what other skills they like to use), but it's always a good idea to level all of your class skills so that you have access to skills in the line that are unlocked at higher levels, and to the passives in the skill line. Personally at lower levels I like to use the Unstable Familiar skill, as it can help distract mobs from you when you're playing solo and going up against a group of enemies.

Even if you don't end up liking the active skills in the skill line very much, it's still very much worth keeping one on your skill bar and leveling the skill line so that you can have access to the Power Stone and Daedric Protection passives. The Power Stone passive gives you a flat-out reduction in the cost of ultimate abilities, which is incredibly useful (at level 6 you most likely don't have any ultimate abilities unlocked yet, but they are very powerful abilities that can only be used when you have built up enough 'ultimate' power for them), while the Daedric Protection passive gives you a significant increase to your health regeneration just for having 1 or more Daedric Summoning abilities on your skill bar.

Yea that's the only skill I haven't put any points in. Guess I'll do that one too => course now it will be behind all the others. Booooo.: /
    That's OK, it's early enough in the game for you that it will make little difference. And if you really want to level it quicker in order to catch up to the others you can put more than one skill from the line on your bar. If I were you, though, I wouldn't bother doing that unless you actually want to actively use more than one skill from the skill line.

i actually wanna find out what this winged creature thingy is and it appears to be in the daedric line? its like a winged gargoyle or something looks pretty cool :O
    That would be the winged Twilight. Personally I like the Restoring Twilight morph of it for the buff to magicka regeneration it gives you.

It, like the Unstable Familiar and its morphs, is a toggle. So you use the skill to summon it, and then it sticks around until you use the skill again to un-summon it, or until it gets killed, or until you go to another zone or delve or something. So yeah, it essentially just sticks around forever, fighting your enemies and such.

It is considered polite to not have it summoned when you're in a bank or other place in a city where there are a lot of players around, because it's really annoying when its flapping wings make it difficult to select the NPC you're trying to talk to...

You first get access to the Summon Winged Twilight skill at a Daedric Summoning rank of 20, and you can morph it once you level the individual skill up to the maximum of rank IV. So you've got a bit of a way to go with that one, but you can start off with the Unstable Familiar skill right now, and have a friendly familiar following you around all the time and fighting for you.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    also what do u mean by healer,dps or tank? are these all three different skills or something?

Healer, DPS (also called damage dealer), and tank are the traditional roles players fill while grouping in an MMO (usually for dungeons and other end game activities).

*A healer typically focuses on casting spells on group members that replenish health points, cleanse negative affects (called debuffs - poison, fire, disease, etc.), and give positive affects (called buffs).
    *DPS characters focus on doing as much damage as possible to enemies, particularly during "boss fights".
    *Tanks are hard to kill characters that try to prevent their easier to kill group members from taking damage. They do this by getting/holding the attention of enemies and either taking the damage themselves or using skills and maneuvers that evade/mitigate it.

If this is the first MMO you have played, I would advise you to google some information about the typical mechanics/terminology used in this type of game. It will really help you understand the advice you are getting from people here on the forums and make communication a lot easier for you to understand in game. MMOs (especially the abbreviations and terminology) can be very confusing when you are just starting out, especially if your background is only with single player games.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Tamriel!
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    also what do u mean by healer,dps or tank? are these all three different skills or something?

Healer, DPS (also called damage dealer), and tank are the traditional roles players fill while grouping in an MMO (usually for dungeons and other end game activities).

*A healer typically focuses on casting spells on group members that replenish health points, cleanse negative affects (called debuffs - poison, fire, disease, etc.), and give positive affects (called buffs).
    *DPS characters focus on doing as much damage as possible to enemies, particularly during "boss fights".
    *Tanks are hard to kill characters that try to prevent their easier to kill group members from taking damage. They do this by getting/holding the attention of enemies and either taking the damage themselves or using skills and maneuvers that evade/mitigate it.

If this is the first MMO you have played, I would advise you to google some information about the typical mechanics/terminology used in this type of game. It will really help you understand the advice you are getting from people here on the forums and make communication a lot easier for you to understand in game. MMOs (especially the abbreviations and terminology) can be very confusing when you are just starting out, especially if your background is only with single player games.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Tamriel!

I've played skyrim before and also Neverwinter by I wasnt very good in never winter so I hope to change that in elder scrolls : /

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

You first get access to the Summon Winged Twilight skill at a Daedric Summoning rank of 20, and you can morph it once you level the individual skill up to the maximum of rank IV. So you've got a bit of a way to go with that one, but you can start off with the Unstable Familiar skill right now, and have a friendly familiar following you around all the time and fighting for you.

I'm using the familiar right now no think I'm on level 10 daedric summoning
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

question... it feels like its taking forever for the deadric skill to level up .. does the expereince depend on how much damage the familiar is doing or does it just gain exp by just having the familiar summoned?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

question... it feels like its taking forever for the deadric skill to level up .. does the expereince depend on how much damage the familiar is doing or does it just gain exp by just having the familiar summoned?
    Neither, actually. It gains XP from having a skill from the skill line on your active bar when you earn XP. If you have 2 skills from the skill line on your skill bar it will earn XP faster, and so on.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

Neither, actually. It gains XP from having a skill from the skill line on your active bar when you earn XP. If you have 2 skills from the skill line on your skill bar it will earn XP faster, and so on.

so just having the daedric summoning skill on my active bars gives exp? but only if im gaining regular xp? :/
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You gain experience for a skill (like daedric summoning) by having it on your active skill bar when you earn any XP (i.e., by killing mobs, turning in quests, discovering new areas, etc.).

If it is on your off hand weapon skill bar when you gain XP, the skill level won't increase.