Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

New Player Level Six Need Some Advice Please :)

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
Hi i just bought the game and am level 6 anyone have any advice for me skill wise? weapon wise? any wise? O.o ? im a high elf sorcerer.. also the prohet guy gave me a sky shard but i need three i think anyone can help me figure out how to get sky shards please? is it any different getting them on pc or console do they show up in the dame places ? :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards are in the same places, as well there are hints in your journal on where to find them.

I don't recommend builds - but I do suggest trying out the different skill lines and weapons and seeing what you prefer. Something that may help guide you is to know what role your going for - healer, DPS or tank. That will likely help you make a decision on what type of armor to wear and such.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    ok sorry im new what do you mean by you dont recommend builds?

also what do u mean by healer,dps or tank? are these all three different skills or something?
  • swanvalkyrie
    swanvalkyrie
    ✭✭
    Pretty much it would be good to google up some guides about ESO. If you are a sorcerer safe to say you wish to be a mage. So pick the destructo staff build like and you could be a healer or what not. Invest skill points earned through levelling and skyshards into these. But it is a good idea to google some guides about the game so you know what to expect. Everyone on here is different to what builds work for what, and its about what you want to go for. There is no advantage really from one build to another, but just the way you work each of your skills and attributes.

Check it out on google :)

Don't waste time searching for skyshards, you see them everywhere. I did that last year with my old character, waste of time. Just go to them when you see them instead of searching in higher level areas

My build is a Breton, sorcerer, I use the the destructo staff and some daedric summoning abilities, as well as crystal shards and also destructo staff abilities.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Skyshards are in the same places, as well there are hints in your journal on where to find them.

I don't recommend builds - but I do suggest trying out the different skill lines and weapons and seeing what you prefer. Something that may help guide you is to know what role your going for - healer, DPS or tank. That will likely help you make a decision on what type of armor to wear and such.

I just mean I don't care to tell people what I think they should run. I'm not an expert in the area on what is "best" so I prefer not to offer that information which may be faulty. :) I'm a big fan of doing what you find is fun and works for you tho.. Which is different for everyone.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

I just mean I don't care to tell people what I think they should run. I'm not an expert in the area on what is "best" so I prefer not to offer that information which may be faulty. :) I'm a big fan of doing what you find is fun and works for you tho.. Which is different for everyone.

i see i see ^_^
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    where do i get this des
    Pretty much it would be good to google up some guides about ESO. If you are a sorcerer safe to say you wish to be a mage. So pick the destructo staff build like and you could be a healer or what not. Invest skill points earned through levelling and skyshards into these. But it is a good idea to google some guides about the game so you know what to expect. Everyone on here is different to what builds work for what, and its about what you want to go for. There is no advantage really from one build to another, but just the way you work each of your skills and attributes.

Check it out on google :)

Don't waste time searching for skyshards, you see them everywhere. I did that last year with my old character, waste of time. Just go to them when you see them instead of searching in higher level areas

My build is a Breton, sorcerer, I use the the destructo staff and some daedric summoning abilities, as well as crystal shards and also destructo staff abilities.

tructo staff? and yes id like to become a mage im a scorcer and always liked skyrim for its magics magical characters
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest advice for you as far as skills go is to have at least 1 skill from each of your class's 3 skill lines on your active bar. This way you'll be leveling all 3 skill lines whenever you gain XP, which will later give you access to other skills in those lines. So as a sorcerer, make sure you've always got at least 1 Dark Magic skill on your bar, at least 1 Daedric Summoning skill on your bar, and at least 1 Storm Calling skill on your bar.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruction staff: this is a staff that deals damage. those are staffs that start with "inferno staff", "Lightning staf" or "Ice staff".

I will not recommend builds. There is no strait forward way to play ESO and when you level you will likely be changing your build often cause you keep unlocking new abillities. The more you build your own build and not use what people tell you to do, the better you will learn your class on the way.

I will help you on the way.

As stated, a destruction staff is a good weapon for a sorcerer at low level. Inferno deals Aoe (area of effect) damage. Lightinigh staff is single target, but with a more easy to handle charging system and ice is good in crowd control (e.g. freezing your foe in place). I would recommend the inferno staff. it is a bit harder in gameplay, but also better.

As stated by UrQuan, make sure you got skills from all lines on your bar. He forgot one though. Also bring one weaponskill form the destruction staff skillline, so you level that up too.

So one dark magic skill, 1 daedric summoning skill, one storm calling skill and 1 destruction staff skill. the fifth skill is personal choice, make your own pick ;)

The last bit of advice is about how to spread your atributes. I would advice for every 4 points, to put 3 in magica and 1 health (so once you hit level 8 you should have 6 points in magica and 2 points in health. As said. this is not optimum for higher level builds, but by then you should have gained knowledge to know how to alter from this path.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    oh darn i havent done the deadric one yet :/
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    daedric. i havent gotten that one yet i didnt think it was usefull is it?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Destruction staff: this is a staff that deals damage. those are staffs that start with "inferno staff", "Lightning staf" or "Ice staff".

I will not recommend builds. There is no strait forward way to play ESO and when you level you will likely be changing your build often cause you keep unlocking new abillities. The more you build your own build and not use what people tell you to do, the better you will learn your class on the way.

I will help you on the way.

As stated, a destruction staff is a good weapon for a sorcerer at low level. Inferno deals Aoe (area of effect) damage. Lightinigh staff is single target, but with a more easy to handle charging system and ice is good in crowd control (e.g. freezing your foe in place). I would recommend the inferno staff. it is a bit harder in gameplay, but also better.

As stated by UrQuan, make sure you got skills from all lines on your bar. He forgot one though. Also bring one weaponskill form the destruction staff skillline, so you level that up too.

So one dark magic skill, 1 daedric summoning skill, one storm calling skill and 1 destruction staff skill. the fifth skill is personal choice, make your own pick ;)

The last bit of advice is about how to spread your atributes. I would advice for every 4 points, to put 3 in magica and 1 health (so once you hit level 8 you should have 6 points in magica and 2 points in health. As said. this is not optimum for higher level builds, but by then you should have gained knowledge to know how to alter from this path.

oh i wish u had ur advice about the attributes sooner but i cudnt get into the forums until today :( .... and where do i find these staffs?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Useful is subjective ... my opinion is that having it leveling on your ability bar is useful so it gives you choices later. Many "mages" like the companionship of the flyer, morphed to give either a heal soling when at low health or a magicka regen aura when in groups
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    flyer is a skill i presume?
  • Masterhand911
    I would reccomend if your just playing to have fun, roll with whatever you want to do. This game is different from most MMOs in that you can't really screw up your build. PvP requires lots of people, so you won't be too important in the sense that if you die everyone is screwed. Just have fun and experiment. If you don't like the results, you can always re-roll using the shrine in Mournhold.
  • swanvalkyrie
    swanvalkyrie
    ✭✭
    Again, I reckon you should google up some guides. Just for a general overview of things because theres too much to cover for people on here if that makes sense. There is no best way to play eso, you just play how you want and you learn along the way and adjust where necessary.

The reason why I say this is because of your question where are these staffs... this is why you should just check out a guide online. Like any weapon, you can buy them, make them, or find them on enemies
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    I would reccomend if your just playing to have fun, roll with whatever you want to do. This game is different from most MMOs in that you can't really screw up your build. PvP requires lots of people, so you won't be too important in the sense that if you die everyone is screwed. Just have fun and experiment. If you don't like the results, you can always re-roll using the shrine in Mournhold.

There's a re roll shrine? :O
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Again, I reckon you should google up some guides. Just for a general overview of things because theres too much to cover for people on here if that makes sense. There is no best way to play eso, you just play how you want and you learn along the way and adjust where necessary.

The reason why I say this is because of your question where are these staffs... this is why you should just check out a guide online. Like any weapon, you can buy them, make them, or find them on enemies

They cost a lot I assume? How much did urs cost?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    flyer is a skill i presume?

the winged twilight

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Daedric+Summoning+Skills

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

please do NOT pay a cent for any online guides ... plenty of free advice available

http://tamrielfoundry.com/

http://deltiasgaming.com/category/eso-guides/

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the skill line will level just by using the staff even if you don't have any staff skills slotted, but it will take a lot longer... So yeah, having a skill from your weapon skill line slotted is always a good idea.
    As with any skill line, you'll find some of the skills more useful than others (and this will vary from person to person, depending on their play style and what other skills they like to use), but it's always a good idea to level all of your class skills so that you have access to skills in the line that are unlocked at higher levels, and to the passives in the skill line. Personally at lower levels I like to use the Unstable Familiar skill, as it can help distract mobs from you when you're playing solo and going up against a group of enemies.

Even if you don't end up liking the active skills in the skill line very much, it's still very much worth keeping one on your skill bar and leveling the skill line so that you can have access to the Power Stone and Daedric Protection passives. The Power Stone passive gives you a flat-out reduction in the cost of ultimate abilities, which is incredibly useful (at level 6 you most likely don't have any ultimate abilities unlocked yet, but they are very powerful abilities that can only be used when you have built up enough 'ultimate' power for them), while the Daedric Protection passive gives you a significant increase to your health regeneration just for having 1 or more Daedric Summoning abilities on your skill bar.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

please do NOT pay a cent for any online guides ... plenty of free advice available

http://tamrielfoundry.com/

http://deltiasgaming.com/category/eso-guides/

Thanks =>

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Well, the skill line will level just by using the staff even if you don't have any staff skills slotted, but it will take a lot longer... So yeah, having a skill from your weapon skill line slotted is always a good idea.
    As with any skill line, you'll find some of the skills more useful than others (and this will vary from person to person, depending on their play style and what other skills they like to use), but it's always a good idea to level all of your class skills so that you have access to skills in the line that are unlocked at higher levels, and to the passives in the skill line. Personally at lower levels I like to use the Unstable Familiar skill, as it can help distract mobs from you when you're playing solo and going up against a group of enemies.

Even if you don't end up liking the active skills in the skill line very much, it's still very much worth keeping one on your skill bar and leveling the skill line so that you can have access to the Power Stone and Daedric Protection passives. The Power Stone passive gives you a flat-out reduction in the cost of ultimate abilities, which is incredibly useful (at level 6 you most likely don't have any ultimate abilities unlocked yet, but they are very powerful abilities that can only be used when you have built up enough 'ultimate' power for them), while the Daedric Protection passive gives you a significant increase to your health regeneration just for having 1 or more Daedric Summoning abilities on your skill bar.

Yea that's the only skill I haven't put any points in. Guess I'll do that one too => course now it will be behind all the others. Booooo.: /
  • Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    In your journal under achievements , you will find an achievement for Skyshards. This will give you hints as to where to find them and also which ones you've missed in an area. To help you out a little more, I think there is a skyshard in every dungeon :). But not all skyshards are found in dungeons ;) !
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea that's the only skill I haven't put any points in. Guess I'll do that one too => course now it will be behind all the others. Booooo.: /
    That's OK, it's early enough in the game for you that it will make little difference. And if you really want to level it quicker in order to catch up to the others you can put more than one skill from the line on your bar. If I were you, though, I wouldn't bother doing that unless you actually want to actively use more than one skill from the skill line.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    In your journal under achievements , you will find an achievement for Skyshards. This will give you hints as to where to find them and also which ones you've missed in an area. To help you out a little more, I think there is a skyshard in every dungeon :). But not all skyshards are found in dungeons ;) !

im prettysure ive missed alot of skyshards then cuz i didnt know i cud use the journal to locate them. some ppl said not to focus on finding them because u can find them anywhere O_O
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

That's OK, it's early enough in the game for you that it will make little difference. And if you really want to level it quicker in order to catch up to the others you can put more than one skill from the line on your bar. If I were you, though, I wouldn't bother doing that unless you actually want to actively use more than one skill from the skill line.

i actually wanna find out what this winged creature thingy is and it appears to be in the daedric line? its like a winged gargoyle or something looks pretty cool :O
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i actually wanna find out what this winged creature thingy is and it appears to be in the daedric line? its like a winged gargoyle or something looks pretty cool :O
    That would be the winged Twilight. Personally I like the Restoring Twilight morph of it for the buff to magicka regeneration it gives you.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

That would be the winged Twilight. Personally I like the Restoring Twilight morph of it for the buff to magicka regeneration it gives you.

so it just sticks around forever?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so it just sticks around forever?
    It, like the Unstable Familiar and its morphs, is a toggle. So you use the skill to summon it, and then it sticks around until you use the skill again to un-summon it, or until it gets killed, or until you go to another zone or delve or something. So yeah, it essentially just sticks around forever, fighting your enemies and such.

It is considered polite to not have it summoned when you're in a bank or other place in a city where there are a lot of players around, because it's really annoying when its flapping wings make it difficult to select the NPC you're trying to talk to...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)