The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zenimax, let's talk about ESO+.

Violynne
Violynne
✭✭✭✭✭
Before I get started, I just want to take a moment to say "Well done!" and "Thank you!" for TESO for the console. The hard work at building the franchise in MMO and 24/7 dedication to the servers has been nice, even if initial hiccups were frustrating. I'm having a great time with the game.

This does bring me to my point, so I'll get to it.

When TESO was released sub-free, it gave me a chance to see the game without strings attached. Microtransactions weren't necessary to play the game, and now Tamriel is all mine to explore.

All for the low, low price of $70.

As a gamer, I'm also aware nothing is cheap or free. Given the support this game needs, I'm guessing this is where ESO+ was offered, but here's the thing...

...ESO+ sucks, as it is now.

I apologize if it seems I'm saying "$15/mo isn't worth it!", but value is important to me. Having bought a horse and lioness mount (which came out a few days after the horse purchase), these offer me value for the price. They make my character more "mine", hence value appreciation.

To be blunt, I see no value in the $14.99/mo price. I don't want 10% exp, and I don't want gold. The Crowns are okay, but the reality is, unless the tiger mount (OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE!) is offered, I don't see anything in there worth owning I don't already have (I check daily).

It's not that I feel guilty having all this for $70, but it just seems ludicrous.

So, I have a suggestion: ESO Lite.

For $7.99/mo, I get 700 Crowns. No exp boost. No gold. DLC can be TBD (I'm most likely going to buy it anyway if it's not included).

$14.99/mo for this game is inexpensive (to me, not speaking for everyone), but it's ESO+ that's not offering me value.

It's not easy to say it's "not worth it" knowing what it goes to support, but I also can't see value in the current offering. That's the distinction I want to address, not that I don't believe $14.99/mo isn't "worth" the support cost needed.

For $7.99/mo, I'd feel much more comfortable and I find value in 700 Crowns without the character buffs (because I don't like being OP in games).

I know value is definitely subjective, but it never hurts to ask.

My XBox One username is "Violynne B" and my name is Robert.

Thanks for reading and I hope ESO Lite is considered.

Have a great day! :)

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you for the thoughtful post and idea, @Violynne. Just wanted you to know we do read things like this. :) We are actively working on ways to add value to ESO Plus, and hope to see an increase in value when we begin releasing DLC. In the meantime, we do appreciate feedback such as this!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    To be blunt, I see no value in the $14.99/mo price. I don't want 10% exp, and I don't want gold. The Crowns are okay, but the reality is, unless the tiger mount (OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE!) is offered, I don't see anything in there worth owning I don't already have (I check daily).

It's not that I feel guilty having all this for $70, but it just seems ludicrous.

For $7.99/mo, I get 700 Crowns. No exp boost. No gold. DLC can be TBD (I'm most likely going to buy it anyway if it's not included).

$14.99/mo for this game is inexpensive (to me, not speaking for everyone), but it's ESO+ that's not offering me value.

It's not easy to say it's "not worth it" knowing what it goes to support, but I also can't see value in the current offering. That's the distinction I want to address, not that I don't believe $14.99/mo isn't "worth" the support cost needed.

For $7.99/mo, I'd feel much more comfortable and I find value in 700 Crowns without the character buffs (because I don't like being OP in games).
    Well, technically it's 100 crowns per dollar, so $7.99 should get you 800 crowns. The thing is, you don't need a sub for that. Just log onto the ESO website and you can spend $8 to get 800 crowns. For $7.99 you need to get something worth a sub beyond just the crowns. The ZOS marketing team would have to look at what would be a good return for that price, but suggestions are welcome I'm sure.

As for the current ESO Plus, it is underwhelming given that it has been out for months with no DLC to give value to the whole "includes access to DLC" feature. Again, I'm sure suggestions for what might make this worth the price abound. Maybe cash shop exclusives or "early access" to new cash shop items, or something else other than just a gold/XP boost in game like reduced respec costs.

Combining both thoughts looks like this:

ESO Lite, $7.99/mo:

-800 crowns per month
    -early/exclusive access to select crown shop items*
    -10% reduction to respec costs

ESO Plus, $14.99/mo:

-1500 crowns per month
    -20% reduction to respec costs
    -10% boost to progression (gold, xp, etc)
    -access to DLC

*Cosmetic items and services like costumes, mounts, and pets only, nothing that boosts performance or experience gain.

Edited by tinythinker on June 24, 2015 6:29PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • mascondante
    What I need to know right now is if it is being considered to allow crown balance to be global. I can't touch my crowns I earned on PC from Xbox. If they will never be available to access on console I need to know now so I can cancel my subscription.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, technically it's 100 crowns per dollar, so $7.99 should get you 800 crowns.
    I know, but that's part of the trade-off. 100 less Crowns for the lower price considering what else is given up for the lower price.

Of course, it was only a suggestion, and if 800 should be the offering, I won't complain. ;)
    Just log onto the ESO website and you can spend $8 to get 800 crowns.
    This really is no different than me buying a horse and lioness. Thing is, these are immediate purchases, aka, once done, that's it.

I'm not really interested in getting Crowns (at the moment, nothing to buy), but the position of offering support over the long term, even if I "buy" nothing with my Crowns.

In short: sort of like my Netflix sub. While every so often I watch a movie, I don't utilize it every month despite the sub.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, technically it's 100 crowns per dollar, so $7.99 should get you 800 crowns.
    I know, but that's part of the trade-off. 100 less Crowns for the lower price considering what else is given up for the lower price.

Of course, it was only a suggestion, and if 800 should be the offering, I won't complain. ;)
    Just log onto the ESO website and you can spend $8 to get 800 crowns.
    This really is no different than me buying a horse and lioness. Thing is, these are immediate purchases, aka, once done, that's it.

I'm not really interested in getting Crowns (at the moment, nothing to buy), but the position of offering support over the long term, even if I "buy" nothing with my Crowns.

In short: sort of like my Netflix sub. While every so often I watch a movie, I don't utilize it every month despite the sub.
    Sure, but other people will want more for a fixed sub, hence my recommendations, which wouldn't give you the in-game buffs you don't care for but would have appeal to those who think the sub should have additional value :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the thoughtful post and idea, @Violynne. Just wanted you to know we do read things like this. :) We are actively working on ways to add value to ESO Plus, and hope to see an increase in value when we begin releasing DLC. In the meantime, we do appreciate feedback such as this!

Do we have any info on the dates for those DLC's, particularly Wrothgar?
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I need to know right now is if it is being considered to allow crown balance to be global. I can't touch my crowns I earned on PC from Xbox. If they will never be available to access on console I need to know now so I can cancel my subscription.

The crowns you get on the PC version will never be available on your xbox version. They are now two completely different accounts. So you should probably cancel your subscription there.

HOWEVER, you can then subscribe to an xbox ESO+ which is exactly the same, and should be available in the xbox marketplace. However, if it is anything like the Playstation Store, it will be more expensive than the PC version.

I am not subscribing because of this. Not because I can't afford it, but on principle.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »

Do we have any info on the dates for those DLC's, particularly Wrothgar?

If they did, I'm sure they would have announced something. It's all guess work at this point. It'll be after the console version is stable and sorted out.

As the ESO community is so fond of saying:

Soon(tm)
    Edited by Junkogen on June 25, 2015 12:18PM
  • VileDeeds77
    VileDeeds77
    ✭✭✭
    I have an immediate idea to sweeten the deal for eso+, one free total respec per account per month, then the suggested -20% respec cost.
  • Winchester1306
    Winchester1306
    ✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon all

I quite like the suggestion @tinythinker made in his comment in regards to the early access to Crown Store items, perhaps a two week window frame if not a month. (One week would be too little and not really worth the effort.)

Well, technically it's 100 crowns per dollar, so $7.99 should get you 800 crowns. The thing is, you don't need a sub for that. Just log onto the ESO website and you can spend $8 to get 800 crowns. For $7.99 you need to get something worth a sub beyond just the crowns. The ZOS marketing team would have to look at what would be a good return for that price, but suggestions are welcome I'm sure.

As for the current ESO Plus, it is underwhelming given that it has been out for months with no DLC to give value to the whole "includes access to DLC" feature. Again, I'm sure suggestions for what might make this worth the price abound. Maybe cash shop exclusives or "early access" to new cash shop items, or something else other than just a gold/XP boost in game like reduced respec costs.

Combining both thoughts looks like this:

ESO Lite, $7.99/mo:

-800 crowns per month

ESO Plus, $14.99/mo:

-1500 crowns per month
    -access to DLC

*Cosmetic items and services like costumes, mounts, and pets only, nothing that boosts performance or experience gain.

Perhaps even reintroduce a new and improved loyalty reward system that only accumulates from consecutive months as an ESO+ member. By this I mean, if you are an ESO+ member for 8 months and you miss the 9th month, the next time you subscribe as an ESO+ member you start from month 1 again. Now, what will you gain from this loyalty reward?

As @tinythinker mentioned:

ESO Lite, $7.99/mo:

-800 crowns per month

ESO Plus, $14.99/mo:

-1500 crowns per month
    -access to DLC

But, as the old loyalty reward system use to work, every three months you get a unique cosmetic item. And, the 10% boost should be revised, so that on your first month it starts off at 10% boost, second consecutive month at 11%, third consecutive month at 12% and so forth. So if you lapse a month, you start off at 10% again and you have to keep going until you reach the month you stopped to regain progress on the loyalty cosmetic rewards. This increase in XP should cap at 50% I think, so after give or take 40 months you should reach a 50% increase in XP/Champion Points/Crafting etc gain and to maintain this 50% boost you need to keep you ESO+ membership active.

I think the loyalty system from last year helped significantly, and it was a fun and unique system to retain subscriptions. Not to mention the excitement of what you will be receiving as your reward every three months - almost like Christmas morning!

Thank you.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about ESO Pure - $20:
    - clean server + campaigns
    - no cash shop
    - no BS
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    the exp gain means nothing to me, and same for the crafting. I said elsewhere that eso+ should be changed to give choices to the player, where the player decides:
    1 of group A, B, and C benefits
    1 of group D, E, and F benefits
    1 of group G, H, and I benefits.
    If you can imagine that these benefits included a 10% bonus to exp in EACH group, you could have 30% if that's what you desired from your membership, but with no crowns--same as I could choose 700 crowns, 700 crowns and one free appearance change for my account, but with no crafting or experience bonus. Zenimax could create a mix of options that would let the customer focus on what their own benefits from subscription are, but within balance of what the company wants to sell those benefits for.
    This gives customers what they want.
    My proposal allows everyone to get a subscription of what they want (within reason, a 50% bonus or 3000 crowns for a $15 subscription aren't in line with how Zenimax wants to value things. Remember that Zenimax doesn't want you blowing through all character progression too quickly, they want you as a constant player. I realize pvp is nearly endless, but I think there is a limit to how much anyone would play it.)
    If everyone got behind a subscription of chosen benefits, it would be a large enough percentage of the customer base to sway Zenimax. Here's to hoping customers can have one very loud voice on this.
  • Pizza_Magician
    I bought a couple mounts and some costumes, but what else is there to buy? I played NWO on XBOX ONE for a bit while waiting for ESO and bought a pricey enchantment, I enjoyed it. ESO should look at NWO's store.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a while after the release of Tamriel Unlimited, I remained as a subscriber under the ESO Plus programme. Then it became odd to have a subscription.

Reason being:-
    1. Loyalty programme stopped after the release of Tamriel Unlimited.
    2. There has not been any release of DLC, nor is there any announcement on what sort of DLC is being worked on. (Maybe I missed out on the announcements?)
    3. Levelling is already fast without the 10% for me. (I'm a perfectionist when it comes to quest completion, couple that with being a PVP player and level is not really a problem)
    4. I'm 8 trait crafter from back when the research timer had 45 days.

Here are my suggestions and what would entice me into becoming a subscriber again.

Release of Crown Tokens in Crown Store.

Crown Token - 500 Crowns
    Crown Token is worth 300 Crowns.
    Crown Tokens are in-game items and could be traded to other players. Players are awarded with Crowns upon consuming Crown Tokens.

Crown Tokens Sack - 2000 Crowns
    Contains 5 Crown Tokens each worth 300 Crowns. (1500 Crowns in total)
    Crown Tokens are in-game items and could be traded to other players. Players are awarded with Crowns upon consuming Crown Tokens.

Release of subscriber only Crown Treasure Maps.
    Chests found from following these Crown Treasure Maps contains:-
    1. Crown Tokens Sack
    2. Crafting Materials / Motifs / Purple or gold gear scaled to level / 100 purple food scaled to level

Release of subscriber only DLC group dungeons with a good quest, some decent rewards, and Gold/Platinum keys if it's a pledge. Also make the DLC group dungeons have slightly more nodes and chests as compared to normal dungeons. Slightly means maybe 3-5 extra nodes, 1 extra chest and that's about it. Have it scale to level as well.

ESO Plus - $14.99
    - 1 Crown Treasure Map per month
    - access to DLC group dungeons (New dungeon releases every two months)
    - 10% extra whatever thing that ZOS used to offer cause taking back something that was there usually causes an outrage.

Now what does this change will do?

As a subscriber I have a choice to either use my Crown Tokens or sell it for gold. There's only so many things that a developer can make for a Crown Store, and I really don't feel like having 15 different mount skins, 23 vanity pets, and 31 costumes by the third year of my subscription.

However, I do want new content updates that's frequent. Game is about enjoyment, ESO is about three things - Story, Dungeons, PVP.

Story wise, I'm hoping there will be a quest that comes with the subscription. Preferably something to do with the DLC dungeons. Maybe step back in time to make sure the other Daedric princes doesn't join Molag Bal's schemes, or finding a way to resurrect the Ayleids in hopes that they could help win the Alliance War. Something that makes players feel inclined to do but won't affect the main story. In the current market, developers who locks major content behind pay walls will never succeed.

Dungeons give players something to do. Period. Daily quests is a chore, exploration that comes with every expansion pack has it's limit on how fascinating it could be, and dungeons/raids are there to keep players interested until the next expansion comes alive. More dungeons = more story, more gear, more grouping, more loyal players. Why 4 man? Because you make more personal bonds in a small group than you do in a raid. Less hassle, more fun. When more bonds are formed, then only a trial is considered. The pledge has been doing a good job, why not make ESO Plus exclusive pledges to draw more subs? Also, a subbed player usually is an MMO veteran, most of the time friendlier, has a stable job, plays often, and someone whom I enjoy playing with. If ESO Plus gives me a venue to meet players similar to myself, I'm glad to sub.

From a PVP player's perspective, there's nothing a subscriber plan could do for PVP. Balance is the key to PVP, and there are already mounts and costumes to make us look cool. I took a break from ESO due to PVP, and I only came back for the PVE. Forget about balancing the game, just fix the Cyrodiil lag and I can personally ensure 200 returning players each buying at least either the wedding dress or that fire breathing horse. And I know some of them weirdos have weird fascinations with riding Guars. PVP players can report hackers, whine about OP builds, but can never, never, stand the lag.

Also, some of my nice friends might not be subbed, and might be wanting a Crown Store item and lack of 100 Crowns yet don't feel like buying anymore. (I just heard one of them on TS saying that she has 3450 Crowns and is hoping the Frost mount isn't priced at 3500 else she might have to consider it) It would be nice if I have a map that I could ride across Tamriel to look for with a bunch of these friends, find the Crown Tokens, and share the loot. :)
    Edited by Aeradon on June 29, 2015 9:56AM
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Granz
    Granz
    ✭✭
    How about if you buy ESO plus on console and PC you get "Linked accounts" between both. Meaning you can copy characters both ways. Copy your toon from PC to Console or copy your toon from Console to PC. I think this would be awesome. I play PC mostly but it would be nice to take my progression to console beside the one they gave us at launch.
  • tmacdec
    tmacdec
    ✭✭
    Granz wrote: »
    How about if you buy ESO plus on console and PC you get "Linked accounts" between both. Meaning you can copy characters both ways. Copy your toon from PC to Console or copy your toon from Console to PC. I think this would be awesome. I play PC mostly but it would be nice to take my progression to console beside the one they gave us at launch.

No more copying toons PC transfers have already ruined console economy and started way ahead in terms of CPs. In my opinion they should never have allowed transfer of toons to begin with. Please Zos don't repeat your mistake
  • Dante_Ravenkin
    I'm loving ESO so much, and I would consider purchasing an ESO+ subscription. The only issue I have, is that here in Canada, with the dollar conversion ESO+ is $17.99. As good as this game is, that is outrageous! I've already made a few Crown store purchases, and will make more (can't wait for the Frostmare). But I will agree with Violynne, there needs to be a bit more value added, and maybe a price drop for us sad Canadians.
    'This throne is arguably the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in the Kingdom. And I get to use it.'
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the things people suggested in this thread were considered/are being considered. o:)

• godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    eso plus members should be able to have the ability to become a vampire and a werewolf at the same time when they do the vampire and werewolf quests or use the crown store vampirism and lycanthropy items that give you the gifts when u buy them
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eso plus members should be able to have the ability to become a vampire and a werewolf at the same time when they do the vampire and werewolf quests or use the crown store vampirism and lycanthropy items that give you the gifts when u buy them

No hybrids, the blood won't allow it. Attempting said fusion should kill your character permanently.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on December 6, 2015 4:13PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »

No hybrids, the blood won't allow it. Attempting said fusion should kill your character permanently.

lol actually it would make you into a vampire lord which is based off of macus corvinus' hybrid form from the underworld serieslatest?cb=20091127030822SR-skill-Vampire_Lord_%28Male%29.jpgSR-skill-Vampire_Lord_%28Female%29.jpg
    Edited by godagarah5000 on December 7, 2015 3:08AM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This response was back in June, TWO DLCs have been released but there has been absolutely no increase in ESO+ value. Can we get some sort of update as to when any additional value is going to be added?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

This response was back in June, TWO DLCs have been released but there has been absolutely no increase in ESO+ value. Can we get some sort of update as to when any additional value is going to be added?

I think what was meant was that we are getting the dlc with the plus as long as we stay subscribed vs buying it.

that being said, we need something yesterday. i.e. crafter bags for a start.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »

lol actually it would make you into a vampire lord [...]
    No it wouldn't. You are force-cured of Lycanthropy if you become a Vampire Lord. url="http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bloodline"]Source[/url
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp