Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Professional MMO Players driving game decisions?

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Thats called a proofreader not a beta reader lol.

I really just want three evaluations out of a beta reader:

Continuity; no plot holes.
    Consistent, believable characters.
    Natural dialogue.

I wish I could have beta-read ESO. There's a considerable amount of unnatural dialogue in the game. You can tell that it was written without ever being spoken out loud prior to recording.

mwxlau.jpg

Again you are looking for a proofreader tho. I have worked in publishing for quite some time I have never heard of anyone called a "beta reader". Do you pay them or expect them to work for free?
    Beta readers usually aren't professionals. This term is common among fanfiction writers, for example.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again you are looking for a proofreader tho. I have worked in publishing for quite some time I have never heard of anyone called a "beta reader". Do you pay them or expect them to work for free?

Well, surely something with 11,800,000 results in Google can't possibly exist.

(types "angels" into Google)

Damn it.
    signing off
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Aren't the guild leaders STILL meeting regularly with ZOS?

From what I understand yes...the meeting I attended was only about a month ago. I assume they do one every month or so.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in a 500 person guild.. there is probably an off duty dev in there listening to you.

I was in a guild in SW:G with 2 different devs... didn't know until after the guild disbanded after NGE.

The funny thing was I was a player rep and talked to these 2 a lot on test server in text chat a few times a week trying to reproduce bugs.. then talked to them for hours on teamspeak pretty much every night. ha ha ha never knew. Hell, I thought there was only 1 until I posted this same thing here a few weeks ago and that guy PMd me and told me there was another dev in the guild and who it was!

So yeah, they may be having summits and talking to guilds... but they are also that guy in that PUG last night running pledges, and that guy you sold the nirn to... and that lady who is LFG for trials.

Maybe even that person fighting with you on the forums on his/her lunch break.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is an insider look at the first guild summit.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options