Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

About clothing.

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    I personally find it more offensive to FORCE a woman into wearing what you deem appropriate. It should be MY CHOICE how i spend my money. If you dont like it don't buy it. Keep in mind these are CROWN STORE PURCHASE ITEMS we are suggesting and the suggestions most of us have are infact LORE FRIENDLY as BETHESDA THEMSELVES CREATED THE OUTFITS IN PREVIOUS/CURRENT GAMES, It is NOT simply "male fantasy" and that idea in itself is extremely sexist so please stop being a hypocrite. If somehow gender makes an opinion more valid to you, there is something twisted in the way you think. I am a woman and I should have the freedom to choose how i want to represent my character. @Squishs

NO ONE HERE SUGGESTED JAPANESE MMO ARMOR. @SmashingQuasar
    STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND READ THE FORUM POSTS.
    on a side note, MAGIC explains away any "that kind of armor isnt realistic" argument. Its an old argument stop beating a dead horse

Edited by Schnuffles on July 9, 2015 3:17AM
    This One Desires Pretty Armor.

Female : Wood Elf Archer: Dominion : Ps4

• SmashingQuasar
    I think you should realize that capital letters and bold text doesn't benefit your argument at all, in fact it is the complete opposite. As I said, it's ok if people want to run around barely dressed, but they should face consequences of such choice (since as you made it very clear, this is your choice to do so), and the consequences should be you cannot endure a stab in your flesh as you endure a stab on an iron armor.
    Now about the "magical armor" argument, this argument couldn't be less valid. It is very clear in The Elder Scrolls lore that magical invisible body protection aren't common or the doing of a divine (in fact, of any et'Ada), magical barriers exists, but they never are permanent, and are always easily noticed. So I propose you get full armor from a very revealing armor, but it drains your magicka over time and show a barrier around you.
    MMO japanese armors were just an extreme example, but I should have known somebody will jump on it to make a unreasonable point.
    Finally, there is no "sexist" or "feminist" argument possible here: It is about simple logic and respect for the lore that exists since 1994 and we should not destroy this easily just because a very little amount of players want to run around in short skirts. Same goes for male plate armors: They shouldn't be excessively huge like they are in other MMOs, and I will fight such demande with the exact same passion if someone asks for WoW-like soulderpads.
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    "Finally, there is no "sexist" or "feminist" argument possible here: It is about simple logic and respect for the lore that exists since 1994 and we should not destroy this easily just because a very little amount of players want to run around in short skirts. "
    This in particular i want to address, and yes i agree that sure in the REAL WORLD armors like that would not make sense. But to be fair this is not the real world this is an mmo video game where armors are easily enchanted and magically come with certain buffs and debuffs.
    If you want to respect the lore maybe you should actually look at some of the armor that has always been available thanks to the developer themselves. If you want to be blind to the blatant examples posted ALL OVER this site of Bethesda's own rather revealing armor creations they have put into games past and present then there is nothing I can do to enlighten the willfully ignorant. Explain to me how our request for the posted armors are not lore friendly. Did Bethesda not create these armors? Did Bethesda not create the world of Tamriel and all characters and clothing within that world? Yes they did. So tell me how is it "not respecting the lore" to ask for these already pre-established armors? I feel infact its people like you who are ruining the lore by re-creating it to fit some puritan standard that never existed to begin with (which below i will waste my time proving to you with images captured from previous elder scrolls games.)
    We want the options to choose how we dress in the $60 dollar game we purchased, if that means i have to pay more to do so who are you people to try and tell me how i can and cannot spend my money? I would not stop you from wearing your nun dresses and i am again NOT ASKING FOR JAPANESE MMO ARMOR OR WOW STYLE ARMOR I am only asking for clothing and armor ALREADY ESTABLISHED IN THE GAMES and Yes I feel like i do need to capitalize and bold because some of you out there cannot seem to read and comprehend so maybe bigger bolder letters will help them sound it out and critically think before they respond.

Here are some examples of clothing options established by Bethesda in previous games
    Try and tell me how Elder scrolls lore has always been so righteous and pure in womens clothing and how all of it logically makes so much sense?
    I only want the options to use my money on all of these lore appropriate outfits to further expand my armor choices and customization.

100_6261.jpg
    100_6289.jpg
    Saviors-hide-female.jpg
    Kaie_Forsworn.png
    20120113-171631.jpg

This One Desires Pretty Armor.

Female : Wood Elf Archer: Dominion : Ps4