Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

About clothing.

Threyann
Threyann
Are we ever getting like revealing clothes? , Id like my char to go around slashing orcs and monsters, looking like slave princess Leia, ye know. >.>

Best Answer

• Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Just going to repeat this shamelessly where ever i see a request for more revealing armor on females. If it is LORE FRIENDLY (as in there are examples of requested content in other UN MODDED elder scrolls games) People should have the option to pay for it. Please make more attractive female armor motifs avalible in the Crowns Store Zenimax. TAKE MY MONEY. I want this in game!
    Tavern_Clothes_000D191F.png
    Edited by Schnuffles on June 24, 2015 3:33PM
    This One Desires Pretty Armor.

Female : Wood Elf Archer: Dominion : Ps4

Answer ✓
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Well, of course I already assume id have to pay for it, isnt like a coincidence that im asking for such kind of clothing in this section, see. And.....I was thinkin on something even more explicit, about the "unmodded" comment, obviously id be expecting better stuff than the one released by users on skyrim.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually,they should take a good look at the modded female armor in Morrowind.There are so many revealing Zena warrior armor type mods it's amazing.Some are done in Glass,Ebony,Daedric,and Dwemer.I prefer the Daedric mod because it gives you the really skimpy armor and one a bit less skimpy with it to choose from. And they are very good mods.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Wish we could get stuff like that here >. <
  • Arrille
    Arrille
    ✭✭
    So... Why dont you run naked/in your default undergarments? It is free after all. B)
    "Welcome to Arrille's Tradehouse. I barter for goods or coin. I also have a small selection of spells for sale. No credit. You want a little advice? That's free. That's ALL that's free. Would you like to hear about our most popular potions? Our most popular scrolls?"
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    First of all, cus dey look so ugly n.n
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if the same amount of skin is offered to male characters as well. We're not all horny straight male teenagers here.

Female-only. Definitely NOT.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    LOL Topic is getting interesting here, I see xD
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna know why its ok for npcs to get awesome outfits like this..

Screenshot_20150628_210246_zpssldorr03.jpg

and the best we get is that terrible "wedding dress" They need to hire a better costume designer STAT
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    And here is when plain mortals would get to touch matters thatd be just allowed to by superior beings, >.>....You know, sugar, I got even silenced at rockstar's forums for asking about such stuff, obviously were not talking about the same kind of fantasy here, buuut...>.> , game developers shall know why they release, or not, some items, of course many of us we'd love to see our cuties riamjng around looking like, as I commented before, sorts and sorts of slave leias, or xenas, or red sonjas, but but but....as customers, all we can do is ask for it, ye. .___.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another example of an NPC rocking killer threads...

Screenshot_20150630_184106_zpsxrxopxvb.jpg
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Ffs show mercy pls, this is getting cruel even ;-;
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Pls Zenimax guise, pls, we want..no, actually, we need a black version of Almalexia's outfit >.>...how did Schnuffles person said...oh ya, pls Zenimax pls, take my munnies, dude take my munniiiiess, ye >.>
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say, I do miss all the Forsworn armor styles... I'd pay good money for a motif book based on those getups.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I would love to see more new content like this I doubt it will ever come to fruition. PC players have been waiting a year for new content and have yet to receive anything. There have been multiple promises made and none have come to pass.

Except for horrible changes; like the removal of soft caps and cover ups to Redguard armor.< My opinion.)
    Edited by SOLDIER_1stClass on July 2, 2015 2:44AM
  • Schnuffles
    Schnuffles
    ✭✭✭
    I simply find it unfair how many male toons have their chests and bellies open but the females are covered head to toe. To anyone saying "only if males can too" take a look around. Males at the moment show WAY more skin than females. I cant even show off her cute tattoos. how is this fair?

Bosmer-lvl4-light-shirt-fine-close-front.jpg

Argonian-Anole-Male-Front.png
    This One Desires Pretty Armor.

Female : Wood Elf Archer: Dominion : Ps4

• Threyann
    Threyann
    I like the new mount and for sure Bethesda is so boss at programing rpg's, but with all due respect, mounts are not my priority.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    I wanna know why its ok for npcs to get awesome outfits like this..

Screenshot_20150628_210246_zpssldorr03.jpg

and the best we get is that terrible "wedding dress" They need to hire a better costume designer STAT

hahaha. My female character is better in armor than this ugly wedding dress.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Okay guise, I've seen around some stuff I am really interested on, there would be two tops, parts of course of armor sets, one of them is called stygian and the other one, encasement of anxiety, I more than will appreciate it, if someone let me know where I can get them.
  • Squishs
    Squishs
    ✭✭
    No, this is a stupid idea.
    Women get objectified enough in media, comic books, video games.. it's not something ESO should be adding to.

Gear doesn't have to be revealing to be attractive or feminine focused, I'm all for gear looking different on either gender but please don't sacrifice practicality to feed some shallow male fantasy.
    Edited by Squishs on July 4, 2015 2:02PM
  • Erotes
    Erotes
    ✭✭✭
    I left shortly after crown store came out and recently decided to give this game another chance...I think it's embarrassing that there are no new costumes in the store. Really? Is it that hard to give people some minor customization like costumes? In a game where combat/weapon skill lines and magic are limiting and generic, and I know these are hard to implement and take time, the least this game could do is offer a number of costumes to help customize your characters look to what you want. But nope, they would rather trick you into thinking vet ranks (aka useless filler) counts as new content. Good job guys.
  • Erotes
    Erotes
    ✭✭✭
    Squishs wrote: »
    No, this is a stupid idea.
    Women get objectified enough in media, comic books, video games.. it's not something ESO should be adding to.

Gear doesn't have to be revealing to be attractive or feminine focused, I'm all for gear looking different on either gender but please don't sacrifice practicality to feed some shallow male fantasy.

While I somewhat agree with you, I think there should be some options for people who play characters who are rather flirtatious. When I think of something slightly revealing I think of Xena warrior princess' armor. It wasn't gaudy and completely unrealistic (like many other games like to offer). Options like that would help with people being able to make the characters they want without being too trashy and sexist.
  • SmashingQuasar
    Even if the debate about women objectification disgust me (because it seems noone realize it's exactly the same for men but somehow it's ok), that is the last thing I want to see in this game. One of the main reason I love TES is: armors are not over exaggerated and actually make sense. If we start adding japanese-style armors nonsense I (but it is my opinion) would lose great interest in this game.
    There are almost every game that provides ridiculously unrealistic revealing armors, it is good to have at least one game that does not go into such nonsense.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Do we can upload pics here, I would like to show my character in this post, so some speculations I got to read would maybe change
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Sorry, I meant to say how can we upload pics here
  • Mertirillon
    You guys want revealing? And lore friendly?
    Who remembers some of the priestess npcs in Elder Scrolls II? I think they may fit your criteria.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    I personally am not looking for an stereotypical slutty look for my character, let's be honest here, there are many mmrpg's already out that their female characters look already like, well, uhm...>.>, let's say kinda explicit, already at nooby levels, I mean, it would be nice having something similar here, if not that much anime-ish, though, but more like Red Sonja, for example
  • SmashingQuasar
    I think the point was about revealing armors of all types of armor. People want naked plate armored girls just like in TERA. Revealing dress can be a thing that would be lore-friendly since there are prostitutes in TES lore, and if people want revealing plate armors, then I suggest adding them but with a 70% armor malus to fit with the lack of armor of these armors.

Also, about Sister of Rain and Almalexia, the first is an immortal spirit, the second is using the heart of Lorkhan to have godly powers, so they both do not need a lot of armor to survive attacks. This makes sense and do not mean a common person can actually survive being stabbed in the flesh without any armor on.
  • Threyann
    Threyann
    Right, it is a game and it would be my money spent on revealing clothes, so, peeps, I am just asking -Zenimax- if were ever getting them, not a ton of nerdy phylosophical opinions, christ.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a woman. Am I allowed to objectify my female characters? Does that make it less of a male fantasy, for anyone who's willing to be offended by revealing clothes/costumes? :s

I mean, I understand the social/societal issue and all, but I'd still like to let my characters wear "inadequate" clothing from time to time.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.