The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mages guild and fighters guild xp needs buffing

Azalin76
Azalin76
✭✭✭
I have gotten every book possible in the AD zones, coldharbor, and stonefalls and am only level 9 in the mages guild. I am currently level V3 and halfway through Deeshan and am only level 8 in the fighters guild. The only books I have not found are the ones in the group dungeons, I have used a guide to be sure I found all of them in every area so far. Why do they make it so difficult to max out these guild lines? Undaunted is even worse, I have a VR14 and have done all of silver and gold, every delve and group delve and am only level 2 in undaunted. It makes it nearly impossible for solo players to get these guilds maxed out.
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no XP associated with the Fighter's Guild and Mage's Guild lines. Fighter's Guild levels up by the number of undead/daedra you kill. You have to kill somewhere around 4,000 undead/daedra to reach Fighter's Guild rank 10. Mage's Guild levels up by collecting lore books. There are more than enough lore books to reach Mage's Guild rank 10 without even having to get the ones in the group dungeons. I reached rank 10 long ago and I still find lore books that I never collected. Grind zombies/skeletons/ghosts for a few hours and you will easily reach Fighter's Guild rank 10.
    Edited by Akavir_Sentinel on June 24, 2015 3:28AM
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighter's Guild is easy to get to rank 10 - you just need to do dolmens, and kill lots of daedra and undead. Given how common daedric and undead enemies are, it's really not hard to get to rank 10 by the time you've completed the main quest.

Mage's Guild you should expect to get to rank 10 part way through your Cadwell's Silver zones, or a little earlier if you've collected all of the lore books from the group dungeons and from Cyrodiil. Even if you haven't been very careful about making sure you get every lorebook in a zone, you should still get to rank 10 before you finish your Cadwell's Gold zones.

As far as Undaunted goes, yeah if you're a solo player you're going to have a hard time leveling it. The primary way to level it is by doing a bunch of pledges and such. Frankly, though, if you're a solo player, you really don't need to level it. It's a skill line that's designed around playing in groups - the active skills are all about using synergies.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you found the ones from Cyrodiil (mage's books)?
    Edited by Qyrk on June 24, 2015 3:58AM
    Options
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    Have not been to cyrodiil yet, will have to try and get them today. I just wish they would give a bit more xp or whatever it would be called per book so we could get to max in mages guild by the time we reach Vet 1. As for fighters guild you would think after doing all of the fighters guild quests and all of coldharbor with all the undead and daedra there I would be at lvl 10 but I'm no where close. I've done about 90% of the dolmens as well and I'm not even at rank 9 yet.
    Options
  • A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    No it doesn't.

Fighters is easy to grind.
    Mage's just takes some looking around.

As a new Xbox player, I had no trouble with these.
    A5ko ▪ High Elf ▪ Sorcerer ▪ Aldmeri Dominion ▪ XBOX One ▪ EU Megaserver

Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A5ko wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

Fighters is easy to grind.
    Mage's just takes some looking around.

As a new Xbox player, I had no trouble with these.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I feel both skill lines level quite well as you progress through each zone. If you're on console unfortunately you don't have access to the lore book addon, but using guides is always an option. That being said, I initially used a guide before an addon existed and missed several books per zone, so be sure to double check.
    The fighters guild skill line is probably easier to level comparatively, simply kill daedra at dolmens for an hour or two and you'll be set.
    The undaunted skill line is more or less group specific, so do your daily pledges and group dungeon achievements to further the skill line. There's no alternative so solo players have to bite the bullet and actually interact with other players (the horror).

All in all both guilds provide really good bonuses and spells for both PvE and PvP, so it's worth waiting for.
    Edited by The_Sadist on June 24, 2015 12:16PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azalin76 wrote: »
    I just wish they would give a bit more xp or whatever it would be called per book so we could get to max in mages guild by the time we reach Vet 1..
    You can get mages guild to max at lvl 45 if you have collected books in Cyrodiil. Not sure if it's possible to do it earlier though.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FG is almost impossible to not hit rank 10. The game is 50% daedra and undead, and that's if you don't go running each time a Dark Anchor trumpet sounds. Double back and hit the anchors and you'll be at FG10 in no time.

MG is an asinine mechanic requiring only books, providing nothing for completed quests. If you're into the 3rd VR zone and not at 10, you've missed some reading material along the way.

Undaunted is earned. It's not handed out easily and quickly. It requires improvement and persistence. If there are group dungeons you've missed (even if they are below your level), complete them - they will also give you a skillpoint each.

I'd dare say it's the only one of the bunch they got right.

They have made it a bit easier, too, since Bosses and named enemies in Delves and Public's now count and things like Greater Healer and Damage Dealer have never been adjusted by the x10 factor with the rest of the stats.

Easiest thing to do with Undaunted is to offer services when you see the call go out in zone chat. You'll get Undaunted credit and often FG credit (again, lots of undead/daedra) and you'll help out your fellow man, all while getting better at your class and your build.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not been to cyrodiil yet, will have to try and get them today. I just wish they would give a bit more xp or whatever it would be called per book so we could get to max in mages guild by the time we reach Vet 1.
    vet 1 is not max level. why would you max a guild tree if you're not even near max level? you have so much more game to play. So you'd prefer everything to max at v1 and have no more progression?

It makes it nearly impossible for solo players to get these guilds maxed out.
    You're playing an MMO, Not skyrim. Get in the group finder and do some group stuff.

Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    Mages guild is the only one I really care about right now. I think they need to find a better way or maybe give us a boost to the xp needed from doing the questline. Right now there really isn't a good incentive to even do the mages guild quest line. Getting the book at the end for the 2 extra skill points is worthless and the identic memory is absolutely useless. Would be nice to see them give us xp towards the mages guild skill line from all the books we read after we get it. Idk if it's a a glitch but after I get the identic memory everytime I read any book it tells me I found a lore book. I was excited at first but then realized that it didn't count towards anything in the mages guild skill line. As far as missing something I have not missed a single book so far, I have cross checked this with 3 different websites and have found every one so far except for the ones that zos forgot to put in to the game.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mages guild is the only one I really care about right now. I think they need to find a better way or maybe give us a boost to the xp needed from doing the questline. Right now there really isn't a good incentive to even do the mages guild quest line. Getting the book at the end for the 2 extra skill points is worthless and the identic memory is absolutely useless. Would be nice to see them give us xp towards the mages guild skill line from all the books we read after we get it. Idk if it's a a glitch but after I get the identic memory everytime I read any book it tells me I found a lore book. I was excited at first but then realized that it didn't count towards anything in the mages guild skill line. As far as missing something I have not missed a single book so far, I have cross checked this with 3 different websites and have found every one so far except for the ones that zos forgot to put in to the game.
    Uh, as previously stated:
    • You get no XP's for the MG line - it's all about lore books.
    • You do get credit for any lore books found before starting the line.
    • You get the rank for the play value, for one, the content, for another, and the skills/passives. The MG Ultimate is the main reason to max the line, and well worth it.
    • Again, if you're 3 zones into Vet and not at MG10, you're missing something. Whether it's books in the Delves/Dungeons/Cyrodiil...somewhere. Rather than check the website, check the Eidetic memory you loathe so much - it will show you very clearly what you have and have not found.

If there is no incentive for you to do the MG skill line, as you put it, why do you even care?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more entitlement someone just give this guy his premade max toon or I win button already.
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    more entitlement someone just give this guy his premade max toon or I win button already.

BCDYv.gif
    Options
  • A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    No incentive for MG??? Are you mad?

Shooting Star coupled with my current build is murdering pixels left right and centre.

Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fighters Guild: go to the public dungeon in Coldharbor and AOE farm the weak mobs.
    Mages Guild: once you unlock Cadwell's Silver/Gold, get a fast horse with speed buff and collect the books from the second/third alliance. You get more points if you complete the book sets. You can also look for books in Cyrodiil if you're brave.
    Undaunted: do silver and gold daily quests (monster sets from gold chests), complete the veteran dungeons and do trails. The progress is intended to be slow to encourage and reward players who do the veteran content.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shooting Star coupled with my current build is murdering pixels left right and centre.

Don't forget the final passive in the MG line. Very tasty when used correctly. :)
    Options
  • A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

Don't forget the final passive in the MG line. Very tasty when used correctly. :)

Which I believe works with Meteor (although not tested). It appears to proc on cast, and then vanish on completion of spell.

Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

Which I believe works with Meteor (although not tested). It appears to proc on cast, and then vanish on completion of spell.
    Supposed to work with the initial hit and the DoT to follow (same for other DoT's, as well.)

But how useful is a skill that does upwards of 30k damage (before the +20%) anyway, honestly? ;)

#nerfEntitlement

Earn it.

Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm confused you claim to have a v14 in which you finished all of Silver and Gold yet with your new char at v3 your confused where to find all the lorebooks to finish your MG?

Anyways...at v3 in Deshaan you have many more lorebooks you can collect in your v4-10 zones am I right?
    Edited by Cuyler on June 24, 2015 2:21PM
    Options
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    You need to start reading posts before you comment on things. I clearly stated there is no incentive to do the mages guild quest line. This is not the same as the mages guild skill line.

And as far as entitlement that is way far off from what I am even talking about. I have no problem working for what I have. I just feel it should be able to be maxed out by lvl 50. All of my other skill trees are maxed out by lvl 50 so I don't see why the mages guild can't be.
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to start reading posts before you comment on things. I clearly stated there is no incentive to do the mages guild quest line. This is not the same as the mages guild skill line.
    LOL ok.....your original post in all it's glory:
    I have gotten every book possible in the AD zones, coldharbor, and stonefalls and am only level 9 in the mages guild. I am currently level V3 and halfway through Deeshan and am only level 8 in the fighters guild. The only books I have not found are the ones in the group dungeons, I have used a guide to be sure I found all of them in every area so far. Why do they make it so difficult to max out these guild lines? Undaunted is even worse, I have a VR14 and have done all of silver and gold, every delve and group delve and am only level 2 in undaunted. It makes it nearly impossible for solo players to get these guilds maxed out.
    Where in here do you say anything about the quest line? the entire post in QQ about it being to hard to level the skill line.

Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to start reading posts before you comment on things. I clearly stated there is no incentive to do the mages guild quest line for me.
    Fixed it for you. If the end quest reward and content does not concern you, don't do the content. If you don't want the XP's from the mobs (which would still help you on your character advancement), don't do the questline.
    And as far as entitlement that is way far off from what I am even talking about. I have no problem working for what I have. I just feel it should be able to be maxed out by lvl 50. All of my other skill trees are maxed out by lvl 50 so I don't see why the mages guild can't be.
    Our mistake.

You simply want something before doing what is required in order to earn it.

Clearly not entitlement.

Earn it.

Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    LOL ok.....your original post in all it's glory:
    Where in here do you say anything about the quest line? the entire post in QQ about it being to hard to level the skill line.

@Cuyler +1

bml.gif
    Options
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its fine
    betting u missed a few books, I've got it maxe on 2 toons and with an addon I still see lotta books everywhere
    and if u havent got FG maxed after CH u raced through it
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
    Options
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love the uneducated youth in America who have nothing better to do then twist peoples words for their own personal gain. Rather than giving helpful advice you have to attack the people who are willing to post stuff on here to get positive advice.
    Options
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love the uneducated youth in America who have nothing better to do then twist peoples words for their own personal gain. Rather than giving helpful advice you have to attack the people who are willing to post stuff on here to get positive advice.

I'm not uneducated, not a youth unfortunately, not american. Helpful advice OK here goes find the remaining books this will level the skill line. The OP knows this just doesn't want to. In which case I'd say don't have the skills its not hard to level the line by any stretch. If the OP thinks this is bad god help us if he decides he wants master angler, deadric lord slayer or to get the black market mogul achieve.
    Edited by lathbury on June 24, 2015 3:46PM
    Options
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    As has been said before, the mage's guild skill line will (should) finish midway through Caldwell's silver zones if you're reasonably efficient at picking them up, and it's possible to get it done more quickly if you're 100% thorough. With 6-8 zones remaining plus Craglorn and Cyrodiil, it seems like a fair spot for the skill line to max out. Also, there may not be a ton of incentive to run the mage's guild quest, but I'll take the 2 skill points and the quests themselves generally give a decent amount of experience. Fighter's guild can be maxed much earlier if you actively focus on it. I personally don't believe there's any issue with the pacing of these, but you are entitled to your opinion.

On the undaunted, skill line, yes it takes a while, but that whole skill line is oriented on group activity. The whole thing is group activity. Solo play is fine and all, but I don't see them changing the leveling mechanic on a group oriented line to suit solo players.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
    Options
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who take 2 skill points from mages line are BAAAD people.

AD does have a few less books than other alliances in the pre-50 zones. Someone has a list somewhere. I think they still need a few books from V1 zone to get mage 10 (even with cyrodil)
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The people who take 2 skill points from mages line are BAAAD people
    Well, they probably do that because you should have all the skyshards by level 50, right? I mean, they're hard to find too.

They should make them stand out, somehow...

Earn it.

Options
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who take 2 skill points from mages line are BAAAD people
    Well, they probably do that because you should have all the skyshards by level 50, right? I mean, they're hard to find too.

They should make them stand out, somehow...

Has nothing to do with skyshards. It is all about the quest. They are bad mean people who would sell their grandmothers for some pocket change :D For shame!

Options