Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help please and thank you. lore book question

DODDZ_561
DODDZ_561
Do you need every lore book in the game to get rank ten of the Mage guild or just a certain amount?

Best Answers

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Mage guild ticked over to 10 well before getting all the lore books.

With PC ESO you have the advantage of an addon that will highlight the lore books on your map. With a console version of ESO you are going to have to "pen and paper" hunting down lore books (referring to an online map) you might have missed along the way
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Answer ✓
  • MageStorm
    MageStorm
    ✭✭
    OzJohn is all over it!

I've managed to collect all of the AD and Cold Harbor Lore Books on one character and the Mages Guild is around level 8.5. It looks like you might be able to get close to 10 by collecting the PvP zone books, otherwise it will be achievable in the first zone of Cadwell's Silver (VR1).

Hope that helps!
    Answer ✓
  • DODDZ_561
    DODDZ_561
    Thanks buddy really appreciate it.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    If you collect pretty much every lorebook in each area as you go along you'll be rank 10 in mages skill line before you even reach level 40, just got this on one of my alts at level 36, takes a lot of exploring to find them but easy enough.
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • turbonights
    You get a boost of xp if you complete a collection. THis will help you much more than random lorebooks. In your lore section in your menu it'll show you how many of that collection you have AND, very importantly, will have grayed out the book(s) you do not have in that section. If you look for the ones close to completing a collection (9/10) and look up online the missing one, you can complete sections quicker and level mages guild up much faster.
  • DODDZ_561
    DODDZ_561
    Thank you all great information!