Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to the Game - Aldmeri HE DK

logytec
logytec
Soul Shriven
I appreciate any feedback in advace, thanks for the help!

New to the game, all my friends are in Aldmeri. From what I've read it's not the best for a DK, but I'm a Lvl 13 HE DK looking for some help.
1) is this even viable end-game?
2) what gear should I be focusing on - using all heavy right now
3) what wep choice? I see a lot of staff builds, but I use 2H right now.
4) I see a lot of fire builds, is that the direction I should go in to be a tank for my group?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logytec wrote: »
    I appreciate any feedback in advace, thanks for the help!

New to the game, all my friends are in Aldmeri. From what I've read it's not the best for a DK, but I'm a Lvl 13 HE DK looking for some help.
    1) is this even viable end-game?
    2) what gear should I be focusing on - using all heavy right now
    3) what wep choice? I see a lot of staff builds, but I use 2H right now.
    4) I see a lot of fire builds, is that the direction I should go in to be a tank for my group?

1) Tanks have a place in end-game content.
    2) Heavy is fine for being tanky, but you get the 5 piece bonus with two pieces to spare. If you wear a piece of light and a piece of medium, too, those will also level up to give you more flexibility later.
    3) It depends on whether you want to invest more in stamina or in magicka, as the former is good for non-staff weapons and stamina-based skills and the latter for staff weapons and magicka-based skills. Two-hander is OK, but if you are wanting to tank you should also level up one-hand and shield. It has a taunt skill and passives for blocking.
    4) DKs have a whole fire-based skill line, which is great, but there are two other skill lines as well that offer things like damage mitigation, resource regeneration, healing, etc. As a tank when I do use abilities from Ardent Flame skill line I prefer the ones that place DoTs (damage over time effects) and give healing for damage, but that is for a magicka DK. Stamina DKs also tank OK but would use more stamina morphs, which focus on pure damage.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • logytec
    logytec
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks you for the info. That helps me out a lot, really appreciate it!