Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Basic stats for Healing Templar

Anyolname
Anyolname
I am almost level 40, and as i close in I am looking at my current point in my Health, Magica and stamina. I am assuming I should have most into health and Magica, but what is a good over all balance between the three?
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    Templar- DPS/Heals. I dual wield and use a destro or resto staff.
    Vet 2
    Magicka- 25
    Health - 14
    Stamina - 12

as I respec for vet content I'll probably take alot out of my health and put it into magicka/stamina, and stack health enchantments and set bonus's if I struggle, but as a templar, with the self heals, it shouldn't be a big issue. If you're not dual wielding or using physical attacks that consume stamina, you'll only need to spec enough of that to make sure you can block and dodge/break free of control effects and such.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The core business for a healer is to heal. This is mostly scaled off magica. The more magica, the better you heal.
    Does that mean that you should not pick stamina or health?? depends a lot bout your total build. It is not typical a healers job, but when things get ugly, a dead healer can make the difference between wipe and success. So being able to block and have some extra health can help a lot.I think 9 health, 9 stamina and 31 magica at VR1 is a good balance, but it also depends on the gear and how much magica they give.

So at level 40 it would be 25-7-7
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    Great explanation above! Also consider the group you'll be running with, do you have another templar you'll be playing with often? You might want to make sure you guys are spec'd differently to fully maximize your skill point spending.