Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Blood-Splattered Shield (Bugged quest in Rivenspire - cannot progress)

JediRift
JediRift
✭✭✭
I am on the "Talk to Countess Eselde Tamrith" section of quest.
Journal states:
"Captain Janeve, the shield of the Shornhelm Guard and CountessTamrith's younger sister, has established a camp of refugees displaced by the vampiric menace. Countess Eselde Tamrith has returned from th cave. I should talk to her".

It gives a location just west of Tamrith Camp Waysheine, right by the water. However, at the location there is only Darien Gautier and Gwendis. Eselde is nowhere to be found at this quest marker. As a last resort I went back to look in Shornhelm, and even found an article online stating she was in Northpoint. She is nowhere and I have been trying to progress this quest for about five hours now.
[Arcane] is recruiting! Daggerfall PS4 NA PvP/PvE - 400+ active members ~ Main recruitment thread ~ www.facebook.com/ArcaneGuild
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    What often helps is leavign the quest and retaking it. If that doesn#t help you likely got the infamous console bug where npc's do spawn, but invisable (and you cant interact with them) the solution to this that might help is rebooting the game. If that doesn't help, cause this is a continuity breaking bug, I would advice making a support ticket, so they can investigate and use it to properly assign a priority to the issue, based on the amount of people having this issue.

Besides that.... Hey @ZOS_TristanK looks like another progress blocking quest that might require your attention

(OP, pls don't see this as enough effort. you should contact support if my tips didn't work)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just encountered the same issue and have been unable to resolve it via zoning, relogging, or restarting the client. I have contacted support and will update this post with the results.

Update: Power cycling didn't fix the issue but I was able to abandon and restart the quest in order to complete it.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on July 18, 2015 7:50AM
  • the_mosephb14_ESO
    The problem/bug seems to occur whenever the player did not actually kill Reezal-Jul themselves. For example, if another player is present & kills the target just as the player enters the room/chamber, the quest updates to reflect the death of Reezal-Jul, but the countess won't appear when the quest requires the player to speak to her.

If the player makes the kill themselves, and once the player proceeds to that part of the quest, the countess comes running up to the player as she is supposed to, enabling the player to complete the quest.
  • Kirya
    Kirya
    Soul Shriven
    FIND THE SOLUTION HERE

I don't think this is a bug for the next people coming up here !
    Actually when you have to found the entrance, you should'nt go inside but talk to jonah outside who show you the way inside the cave.

First i did the quest i did not do this part and it didn't work while still continuing the quest.
    Second time i did as i said and it worked ! And actually when you go out of the cave you dont have to talk to the countess but to darien !

Hopefully you wont have any trouble :)

Kirya