The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The next updates should include Player Housing

Nealthane27
Nealthane27
Soul Shriven
Player housing would be a valued asset to guilds as well as being a convenient place of rest and planning for members. If player housing was to happen, and it should, i would like it to be a structure that can be built at any town or capital within any country; (ex. Greenshade , Auridon, etc.)
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have to be instanced.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    well better let them fix the game first.

thx
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Housing is on the list of "things they would like to do sometime in the future"

Sure not going to be the next update, they have too many things to be fixed first. Maybe in a couple years...
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even before they did the original time tables housing was a after thought, so don't expect it soon
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next updates should include a lot of things, but... yeah...
  • acolyte2475b14_ESO
    acolyte2475b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I could see player housing coming in their first major expansion. But that is probably at least a year away at this point. At least.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like more content to explore, not player housing. Imagine how messed up that is gonna be lol they can add it 4 years later and I would be happy. I am happy without it. They need to focus on balancing the game (i know console people cant see it because they dont get addons), reworking a lot of skills, removing vet system, fix the horrible lag in pvp and sometimes pve, FINALLY ban all these exploiters and cheaters (you will see one day console people, ZoS dont ban no one), and a BUNCH of other things before they think about housing
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are lucky in two years we may see it, but I got to say way they are fixing bugs it could be 3 to 4 years away. Unless of course they decide to forget the bugs and go right to housing!
    Edited by BigM on June 19, 2015 3:35PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, player housing isn't really a priority for me. I'd rather see ZoS creating PVE content like zones, dungeons, and trials.

Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    I would like more content to explore, not player housing. Imagine how messed up that is gonna be lol they can add it 4 years later and I would be happy. I am happy without it. They need to focus on balancing the game (i know console people cant see it because they dont get addons), reworking a lot of skills, removing vet system, fix the horrible lag in pvp and sometimes pve, FINALLY ban all these exploiters and cheaters (you will see one day console people, ZoS dont ban no one), and a BUNCH of other things before they think about housing

Its significantly harder to exploit/cheat on the console beyond broken mechanics.

Animation/block cancelling works a tad different than on P.C. and there are no macros and no print screen. Also, no addons and no cheat engine. So there is at least that.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt housing, i it ever gets implemented, will have any kind of storage -they're too in love with their inventory micro-management process to ever allow you to circumvent it. Because of that, I'm not really interested in it.

Good luck with getting it, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jando wrote: »
    Personally, player housing isn't really a priority for me. I'd rather see ZoS creating PVE content like zones, dungeons, and trials.
    I'm of this mind too.

tallenn wrote: »
    I doubt housing, i it ever gets implemented, will have any kind of storage -they're too in love with their inventory micro-management process to ever allow you to circumvent it. Because of that, I'm not really interested in it.

Good luck with getting it, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

That's how I see it. What's the point of player housing in this game? I really do not see the appeal, because we're not going to get what Skyrim had. They're not going to give us containers to store stuff. The only thing they may give us is crafting stations, but I tend to use the ones out in the world for set bonuses for gear at the very least. Even if I had a house with the crafting stations, it will be just as easy to port to somewhere that has the stations in a city or town anyways.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say they need to add real content to the game first. Played housing is fine but certainly a secondary addition since it is not real content. Most certainly not the next update.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets get some more zones and quests in the game before we go demanding housing be the next thing. There is no immediate need for it.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Koomba
    Koomba
    Dude I'm not even level 50 yet, the bugs and all the messed up stuff they have apparently fixed are still in the game somewhat. I haven't even reached the surface of this game yet. Let us noobs experience the game before they start added new and more crap to be fixed. Damn..
    Edited by Koomba on June 19, 2015 5:26PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More content is infinitely more important than housing. They will get to it eventually since they now have a cash shop they can put it in, but it will hopefully be well after more content expansion.
  • halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    If you want a house instead of a working game then you should play the sims
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The next update needs to involve something new to do... everything else backburner till then!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450