The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would you like if ZoS simplified the crafting system to reduce log out, login, bank/withdraw etc...?

Faugaun
Faugaun
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, how to best explain this....I know someone is going to troll this as an "Entitlement" post....it's not, I'm in the wrong generation and disapprove of the entitlement mentality as much as you do (trust me).

That said...

Yeah crafting needs to be account wide....

Here's my problem:

Every player has his/her crafting character(s) and whenever you want to craft something you have to log off your current character and switch to the other character, then you have to make the stuff and either mail/return it or bank/withdraw the item on the character that you want the item on....This is a pain in the butt process for something that players are going to do anyways.

So this is my plea, just make it simple if any of my characters could craft the item (including they have the appropriate points in the skill) then just let me make it with any character it's annoying to log off, log on, run to designated crafting station for the set, craft, mail/bank, log off, log on, answer mail/visit bank....just let me walk to the right crafting station (or set station) make my item equip it and be on my way. Please save me time so that I can enjoy your game and not be frustrated by the log off, login etc...

For the poll, it's just asking if an account wide system would make you happier and simplify your life, the details of the system how it's done and the specifics would be up to ZoS to create a fair system that is usable.
Edited by Faugaun on June 18, 2015 9:03PM

Would you like if ZoS simplified the crafting system to reduce log out, login, bank/withdraw etc...? 129 votes

Yes - Please explain you logic in the thread
27%
PsychobunniDre4dwolfb14_ESOxMovingTargetMoonshadow66smokesBurtFreeman Olysjaskoomatraitb92303008rwb17_ESOGregDarkeusPhatGrimReaperBucklakaisldsalterThunderheinrich00BeardLumberSarevoccFaugaun 35 votes
No - - Please explain you logic in the thread
66%
NestorMisterJimothyGidorickThymosRook_Mastercoryevans_3b14_ESOCallunaBigMHumble48Leijonasnowmanflvb14_ESOc0rpCaptainkrunch96Alphashadololo_01b16_ESOKendaricKhajitFurTraderMorvulEtanielJD2013 86 votes
Other - Please explain you logic in the thread
6%
RaniqueicebladessShadow-FighterPreyfardafox187OnThaLooseAce_of_DestinyMerkabeh 8 votes
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even like a "shared bank".
    I am an "old school" RPer.
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    it is annoying. I have 4 mules right now and I spend half hour to an hour after "playing" every night just crafting (refining and deconstructing) and organizing my inventory among my mules; because there are so many crafting materials.

I don't know what the best solution to it is, but I'm not a fan of your solution, because I like the idea that each character is specialized. Switching characters to actually create an item isn't too bad I don't believe; but crafting material inventory is annoying to work with, so maybe something to resolve that.
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, all of my characters are seperate entities.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Psychobunni
      Psychobunni
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I voted yes because for me personally all my crafting is spread out, and then there are the mules. Would you believe a year+ and I still haven't finished medium/heavy/blacksmithing/nirnhoned... I would if it were account wide, but logging them all in and out, every single day...is just no fun and more work than I'm after. (It helps my husband was all over it, so I have someone to ask)
      If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like having a Crafter and having a fighter. Using up skill points on a Crafter makes them weaker. And, that would be the crux of an account wide crafting skill. How would you assign skill points? Would you need to put the points into the craft lines on each character you want to craft with, or do we all end up with free skill points on the alts we did not learn crafting on because we don't have to assign points?

That is the main reason I am against it, it removes yet one more choice from the game that a player has to make, and that just puts an easy button on the whole thing.

I have had one Equipment Crafter that did Woodworking and Cloth, one that did Blacksmithing. It required some relogging to get a full set, but that was OK as I was not making sets all that often. EAch crafter stored what they use on themselves and all common things like Traits and Styles went into the bank. Now I am turning my Clothier/Woodworker into a Blacksmither so I don't have to log, but I don't have enough space to store all the mats I need in one place. So, guess what, I am still relogging between mules and alts to make things. I have one real enchanter, and one real Alchemist (although many are leveled in the skill). Most of my characters can cook, but two are dedicated Chefs and know most of the recipes.

What I would like, and ZOS has gone a long way to helping this, is to have a crafting bank where you have space to hold one stack of each crafting mat in the skill. So, as you level Blacksmithing materials, you can hold a stack of raw and a stack of refined. Anything else goes in the regular bank or character storage. And these slots can only be used for the particular items that are for that craft, nothing else.

But I still don't want this account wide, because the reasons for having more than one character doing crafting is still there. Storage space. And, its an easy button unless we have to spend the skill points, and then, what's the point if we have to do that?
      Edited by Nestor on June 18, 2015 9:19PM
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No, I have no problem with the current crafting system and want my characters'achievements and abilities to be personal to them and not account-wide. I dislike the account-wide dye unlocks for that reason.
    • MissBizz
      MissBizz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like to think of my characters as each their own person - because, well, they are. To me, they each have their own story, have learned different things and are better at some things than others. This is also my reasoning for enjoying achievements to be character based.

Just because Lovia has a love for crafting and has searched the world high and low to find some of the rarest motifs... it doesn't mean Aewnes, who is far more concerned about her ability to heal.. ever cared to find those motifs, or even learn how to make a nice pair of pauldrons.
      Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    • Lynx7386
      Lynx7386
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Imo there are only four changes needed for the crafting system:

1. Drastically reduce research times. Months for a single trait is absurd.
      2. Allow armor to be converted to a different aesthetic style by a crafter (i.e. change an imperial robe into a nord robe, no stats effected)
      3. Allow crafter to alter an items traits (i.e. replace reinforced with impenetrable on an item, as long as the crafter knows both traits)
      4. Allow an item to be upgraded by a crafter. (I.e. you upgrade a level 12 iron cuirass into a level 50 calcinium cuirass). The armor would retain it's initial appearance, allowing the use of low level armor aesthetics at high levels.
      Edited by Lynx7386 on June 18, 2015 9:28PM
      PS4 / NA
      M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
      Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
      Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
      Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
      Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    • AlnilamE
      AlnilamE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As others have pointed out, characters are individuals, and crafting requires the use of skill points.

I have 7 characters and I totally understand the inconvenience, but nothing keeps you from leveling crafting on all your rooms if that is what you want to do. I got all my tools to the level where they can get the highest tier of hireling, so I know it's work, but it’s doable.
      The Moot Councillor
    • Gidorick
      Gidorick
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Faugaun wrote: »
      Ok, how to best explain this....I know someone is going to troll this as an "Entitlement" post....it's not, I'm in the wrong generation and disapprove of the entitlement mentality as much as you do (trust me).

That said...

Yeah crafting needs to be account wide....

I stopped reading there.

Your CHARACTER learns things. Not your account. That's as far as logic needs to take you. Crafting, riding, combat, and world skills agree all things your character learns. It's bad enough that CPs are shared.
      What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
      That's right... Horse.
      Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    • BurtFreeman
      BurtFreeman
      ✭✭✭
      i vote yes, because crafting and acquire bank and inventory space is the only real challenge i meet in game.
      on the other side, after you learn the very basic of combat you don't have much fan fighting enemies: pve is too easy, pvp is almost unplayable becouse of lags, at least on EU thornblade, where i was playing.
      i have completed all this staff about crafting and spacing, i'm now going to play the withcher 3, and if i was a new player, i would not like to log each day just to feed an horse and learn a trait, for months.
      for me eso was great for a year, but that's all; i don't think it is going to have longevity with the new upcoming games, becouse there are so many tedious thing, like the theme of this discussion, crafting and banking, that make the foundation of the game really boring.
    • newtinmpls
      newtinmpls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ace-2112 wrote: »

I really can't say it better than that.

I sometimes feel slightly guilty for spending so much time in Grahtwood and Shornhelm because everything is to close to each other.
      Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
      Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
      Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
      Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
      Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
      House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
      Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    • Merkabeh
      Merkabeh
      ✭✭✭
      Lynx7386 wrote: »
      Imo there are only four changes needed for the crafting system:

1. Drastically reduce research times. Months for a single trait is absurd.
      2. Allow armor to be converted to a different aesthetic style by a crafter (i.e. change an imperial robe into a nord robe, no stats effected)
      3. Allow crafter to alter an items traits (i.e. replace reinforced with impenetrable on an item, as long as the crafter knows both traits)
      4. Allow an item to be upgraded by a crafter. (I.e. you upgrade a level 12 iron cuirass into a level 50 calcinium cuirass). The armor would retain it's initial appearance, allowing the use of low level armor aesthetics at high levels.

I love options 2-4. For 1, I don't care either way.

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
    • Preyfar
      Preyfar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I'd only accept account wide crafting if they made it so players could be masters in every craft. If ZOS were to find a way to make players specialize in a craft and make it meaningful sure... but as it is, single characters can become jack of all trades with minimal effort (enchanting aside).

And if crafting were account wide the minions lil delivery packages would need to be nerfed as well.
    • Romo
      Romo
      ✭✭✭✭
      From your description of what you want... just no.

Leave the ability to do crafting as is.

But for what ever god you believe in, even Madelyn Murray O'Hare, let us have a "crafting mats" backpack or bank slots....totally separate from the regular ones you give out with such unadulterated stinginess.
    • Endurance
      Endurance
      ✭✭✭
      u guys waste your bank space banking useless stuff, i have all the crafting professions and more than enough bank space to hold materials
      I'm outta here
    • Bookwyrm
      Bookwyrm
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

^ This

Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
      Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
    • Merkabeh
      Merkabeh
      ✭✭✭
      Endurance wrote: »
      u guys waste your bank space banking useless stuff, i have all the crafting professions and more than enough bank space to hold materials

Granted I've only upgraded my bank to 80 spaces so far (not enough money for next upgrade right now); but I fill up my bank at least 1 time every single time I play; then I need to spend a ton of time (and constant relogs on different characters) to transfer items around where they need to be.

My bank only has wood, cloth, BS and chanting crafting mats in it normally, everything else is on a mule or on a character. I don't keep gear in it, I don't keep trash or potions, or anything else. Literally only crafting mats listed above.

However, after a night of playing on one of my characters, I have a full bank of items that need to be sorted and distributed, whether that be gear that needs to be deconstructed by a different character, or crafting mats that belong on a mule or different character, or set pieces I am transferring to my set mule; or general items (soul gems, etc) that I need to transfer to my general mule.

The problem is not permanent size of bank, it is the transfer problem that needs to be done every single night (sometimes multiple times per night, depending on luck with drops and nodes). At least in my opinion that is the issue.

I'd much prefer crafting mats had a separate category in the bank (still shared) and that area had a much larger number of slots by default. That would almost completely solve the log in/log out repeatedly issue for me.

#CommunicationEquality
    • newtinmpls
      newtinmpls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I will say that in general I keep style stones, trait stones in the bank; the "crafting mats" are on which ever character is doing that craft at the moment.
      Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
      Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
      Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
      Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
      Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
      House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
      Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    • BurtFreeman
      BurtFreeman
      ✭✭✭
      Merkabeh wrote: »
      That would almost completely solve the log in/log out repeatedly issue for me.

i found just this kind of challenge in this game, with 2 account and 16 alts spend hours a day moving staff from here to there... it's almost easyest to master fighting in eso. fortunately there are nice addons that give a big help in organaizing stuff.
      you'll be fine later with 200 bank and alts inv space, but is quite ridiculus you run a public dungeon in 15 minuts to spend half hour in a bank.

also as i think to understand, up here, a crafting could be bount into the account, instead of a character, like a crafting studioes workshop, where each alt /worker has a proper specialization, instead to pretend that each alt become master on each profession. is something we see anytime in history, like the Leonardo workshop, with a main master and specialized workers.

no one was going around to do all that staff alone.
    • Elijah_Crow
      Elijah_Crow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My characters have different identities and what they craft is part of it.

Spending any given skill point on a character should be looked at as an investment which requires a trade off. If you spend the points on x crafting skill, you won't have for some other skill.

Many people use mules for crafting, but you cannot complete the best crafting writs without leveling each character to max level, even if you master the crafting profession. I agree with this and if it was account wide, alts would be used to earn materials they haven't really worked to earn in my opinion.
    • BurtFreeman
      BurtFreeman
      ✭✭✭
      My characters have different identities and what they craft is part of it.

Spending any given skill point on a character should be looked at as an investment which requires a trade off. If you spend the points on x crafting skill, you won't have for some other skill.

Many people use mules for crafting, but you cannot complete the best crafting writs without leveling each character to max level, even if you master the crafting profession. I agree with this and if it was account wide, alts would be used to earn materials they haven't really worked to earn in my opinion.

i agree with what all you say, and is for this reason that i see the main challenge of the game in crafting and spacing, becouse is quite hard for each alt complete those target, as require lot of time and effort ; instead levelling all skills to one char is quite quick (may be a month) and after a couple of alts, the fan with the fight is loose.
      i still have to go v14 with my sorc, becouse he is become my mule, crafter and trader (has access to the whole map).
      i'm also levelling 2 other sorc, because i find out the best way to treat with this game is questing: you can get lot of money in a day if you are a quick quester, but is pretty boring.
      when i come over eso i thought it was a nice thing to have those long time target, but then i realize that you could have acces at the high end items very easily; i see this fact like an issue, and is not a stimulus to be involved in a such tedius job if you can have access at high end quality items.

for example, provisoning was my first master skill on my first DK, but after respect i never consider again to use it, becouse for me was not an effort to spend all that skill and inventory space. i just buy my blue meals in stock, becouse are more powerfull then a purple, for a very chip price, sometimes even 1k for 100.

so if i havn't a so easy access at those high end meals by the guild sores, then it was an effort in learning it.
    • Funkopotamus
      Funkopotamus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ace-2112 wrote: »

^^^^^
      Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
    • NadiusMaximus
      NadiusMaximus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If it's all account wide, then you can only do one daily per account, otherwise it's punishing to people without 8 Alts.
    • AngryNord
      AngryNord
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Guess people will want levels and character names to be account-wide next time...
    • Dre4dwolfb14_ESO
      Crafting system is just as bad as guild based AH.
      At the very least let people buy a huge bank tab just for mats, that all mats just go to so we dont have to sort through all the garbage.
      Edited by Dre4dwolfb14_ESO on June 19, 2015 5:00AM
    • BlueViolet
      BlueViolet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

This.
      And also, I truly don't like "convenience buttons" when it comes to something as simple and enjoyable as crafting, which is perfectly fine as it is right now. I like having all my characters do their own thing.
      I'm another who isn't all that keen on the shared bank either.
      EU / NA / PC
    • Personofsecrets
      Personofsecrets
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      All of the grinds should be account wide. alliance war, Achieves/dyes, horses, and crafting.

your characters aren't 'individuals.' You are. Your character is just pixels in a video game and you wanting to keep the illusion that it is an individual costs others lots of exasperation as they log on and off of accounts over and over to manage inventory.
      Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    • PhatGrimReaper
      PhatGrimReaper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I voted yes, but the ability to craft account wide should only be made available once you have maxed every craft on at least one character.
      Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
      F G R Junior - Templar AR26
      This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
      Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
      M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
      RÀGE - R.I.P
    • Ayantir
      Ayantir
      ✭✭✭✭
      No, I leveled ALL crafts on my main char. 130 skill points in.

I don't logoff, I got my bank. I don't have alts to stock any kind of stuff, only a guild bank base on trust for provisionning and low level materials.
      Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
      A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
      Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
      My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil