Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

question before i buy a horse?

A_Lama_Snackbar
ok i am sick of waiting for my imperial horse i shouldve had on release so im just guna buy a horse. my question is
If i buy a horse will it be on all my characters?
whats the diff in the 42 k horse and the 10 k i cant find pics of them anywhere or anything?
that is all any help much appreciated
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horses are account-wide. The only difference between them is cometic, so if you don't care about color then just buy the cheapest one.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, for the imperial horse have you checked your collection? With all horses you have to select them in your collection for that horse to become active and usable on that character. I imagine you're on a console, so I don't know what button you hit to open the collection screen...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant find pics of them anywhere or anything?
    As @Rosveen said, nowadays all horses are simply skins, their original stats (which is why there were price differences) are now character stats.

Horse pictures:

http://www.tesoelite.com/2014/05/mount-guide/
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can preview horses where you buy them. So either at the stable or in the crownstore.

All horses are exactly the same except the appearances. So more expensive ones, are "just" better looking (according to ZoS who decided they are worth more).

they are also accountwide unlocks. So you can use your horse one any character.

Small note: there is a thing called riding skills. you can train them by talking to the stable buy (for a modest fee). Each trainign has a 20 hour cooldown. These skills are tied to the rider and soulbound, and have nothing to do with the actual horse. Riding skills can mean a horse goes 60% or gives the character 60 more character slots, or makes the rider fall off less quickly when under attack.

So a few examples. Let's say you got 2 characters and three mounts (black mount, white mount, yellow mount.
    Both characters have access to all three mounts.
    Character one has trained himself to ride 20% faster. He does so on all three mounts.
    character two has trained himself to have 20 more bagslots. He has them with all three mounts
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • A_Lama_Snackbar
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Um, for the imperial horse have you checked your collection? With all horses you have to select them in your collection for that horse to become active and usable on that character. I imagine you're on a console, so I don't know what button you hit to open the collection screen...

yes i have tried everything and this is a bug i aslo purchased 5000 crowns over w week ago and there bugged too . two of my friends imperial editions are also bugged with no imperial anything. its not just ps4 but also on xbox and there is no sign of a solution coming anytime.cheers for the same email i got off eso tho :-p

Thank you Rosveen for the prompt and insightful answer to my problem i appreciate it bro :-)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes i have tried everything and this is a bug i aslo purchased 5000 crowns over w week ago and there bugged too . two of my friends imperial editions are also bugged with no imperial anything. its not just ps4 but also on xbox and there is no sign of a solution coming anytime.cheers for the same email i got off eso tho :-p

Thank you Rosveen for the prompt and insightful answer to my problem i appreciate it bro :-)
    OK, if you've got a bug and the imperial horse isn't showing up in your collection, then keep in mind that it's possible the same bug may keep a horse purchased at a stable from showing up in your collection. My guess is that you'll be fine, as it seems more like it's a crown store bug than specifically a collection bug, but there's still a chance that buying a horse from a stable won't help.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • A_Lama_Snackbar

OK, if you've got a bug and the imperial horse isn't showing up in your collection, then keep in mind that it's possible the same bug may keep a horse purchased at a stable from showing up in your collection. My guess is that you'll be fine, as it seems more like it's a crown store bug than specifically a collection bug, but there's still a chance that buying a horse from a stable won't help.

from eso :smile:
    Explorer’s Pack or Imperial Edition items not being delivered: We are aware of this issue, and are working on a fix. We do not have any workarounds at this time.

thanks all for the answers more than i get off eso support for my crowns and imperial stuff :-p