Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do the slaugter fish attack me when i jump?

falcon3540
I tried swimming to stormhaven and i tried jumping to avoid the slaughterfish but i still took damage when i was jumping, is it a bug when i was taking damage while jumping?
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DO NOT FEED!
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Dareloth
    Dareloth
    Feed them budweiser and then you can safely pass.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dareloth wrote: »
    Feed them budweiser and then you can safely pass.

If you are refering to the american one, yeah. Not even fishs can stand that kind of water ;)

@OP: They do jump, too.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something fishy going on here.
    PC EU
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    n2e24.jpg
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    jokes a side: No it is not a bug. The slaughterfish are not there to amuse you, they are there to stop you, whatever you do. The reason is that you simply can't swim to stormhaven. The place you are trying to reach is actually a different zone and so it means you need to be reloaded into it. Behind those slaughterfish is not really stormhaven, but an endless void.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • turbonights
    A logical idea that I wish would work. However, think about the fact they can suction on to your body with their teeth like piranhas. They grab hold and don't let go. Now, let's imagine them with some kind of disease that does damage over time with every bite.

On the plus side, you DO get an achievement the first time you die to slaughterfish, so it's not all tha bad.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    jokes a side: No it is not a bug. The slaughterfish are not there to amuse you, they are there to stop you, whatever you do. The reason is that you simply can't swim to stormhaven. The place you are trying to reach is actually a different zone and so it means you need to be reloaded into it. Behind those slaughterfish is not really stormhaven, but an endless void.

This. Slaughterfish are a replacement for invisible walls when you try to swim where you shouldnt'.

Though in fact I'd prefer to be mauled by a giant sea creature than slowly eaten alive by tiny carnivorous fish...
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better ? is how do you manage to leap continuously out of the water while swimming?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Ranique wrote: »

This. Slaughterfish are a replacement for invisible walls when you try to swim where you shouldnt'.

Though in fact I'd prefer to be mauled by a giant sea creature than slowly eaten alive by tiny carnivorous fish...
    https://youtu.be/P-EDkr_GlVU

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS