The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampirism

HabOh
HabOh
✭✭
So I've been debating this for a few days now. I've never been into Vampires and would run straight to the cure whenever I contracted the disease in Oblivion or Skyrim. However, recently, I've considered becoming a Vamp for the sole purpose of having the magic bonuses. The weakness to fire I'd compensate with resistance runes (or something). The real issue I'm worried about is my skin.

In previous titles, becoming a vampire made you a hideous creature. I like the way my Redguard looks. Shaped-up beard, Afro, with the darkest skin available.
I want to know---what will a Redguard look like as a Vampire? Anyone know?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like other TES games, being a vampy will change your skin / fur / scales to pale white. I like you, I love how my Khajiit looks. To get around the white pale color, I made an alt with a vampire in mind. She looked like a vampire before she was one.

I made alts for the sole purpose of being a vampire or a werewolf, etc. Just want I will do if I was in your shoes.
  • HabOh
    HabOh
    ✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Like other TES games, being a vampy will change your skin / fur / scales to pale white. I like you, I love how my Khajiit looks. To get around the white pale color, I made an alt with a vampire in mind. She looked like a vampire before she was one.

I made alts for the sole purpose of being a vampire or a werewolf, etc. Just want I will do if I was in your shoes.

Hmm! Maybe I'll just suffer through for a while and see how I like it. I could always cure myself, right?

(Also: Bear Mounts will be awesome!)

• Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can cure yourself yes. It will drastically change your appearance. well...Mostly you'll just be whiter than white with veins popping out and if your Khajiit your Fur turns Shock White for some dumb reason. Even though nobody's hair turns white... do dee doo
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting cured is very easy, so go for it and see what you think.

Meanwhile, look around you and spot the players who are vampires.
    The Moot Councillor
  • HabOh
    HabOh
    ✭✭
    Your Redguard will turn into Michael Jackson.

If I could Moonwalk, that would be great. Should be an Ultimate.
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Getting cured is very easy, so go for it and see what you think.

Meanwhile, look around you and spot the players who are vampires.

I haven't seen any yet unless I haven't been paying attention. Did see someone running around as a werewolf once.

• PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HabOh wrote: »
    So I've been debating this for a few days now. I've never been into Vampires and would run straight to the cure whenever I contracted the disease in Oblivion or Skyrim. However, recently, I've considered becoming a Vamp for the sole purpose of having the magic bonuses. The weakness to fire I'd compensate with resistance runes (or something). The real issue I'm worried about is my skin.

In previous titles, becoming a vampire made you a hideous creature. I like the way my Redguard looks. Shaped-up beard, Afro, with the darkest skin available.

1. You can't fully passively mitigate the fire weakness.No glyphs ,no dunmer, no CP no no no.Even if you could completely mitigate it with just one glyph it still wouldn't be worth it since a single glyph of reduced spell cost is better than the stupid regen passive.
    2. You can be a successful vamp but it requires actively taking some active game play measures to do that.
    3. Those actions are not worth the advantages of vamp unless you like to play that way.
    4. It makes all characters lock like albino guar dung.
    5. It is not worth it in terms of game play.
    6.It is purely an RP choice.
    End of discussion.
    Edited by PBpsy on June 17, 2015 9:42PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the completely awful and illogical way they did the Stages in this game your vampire WILL look HIDEOUS MOST OF THE TIME. To remain in Stage one, which actually looks kinda cool, you have to feed EVERY 30 MINUTES. Yeah, it's that stupid. :neutral:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

1. You can't fully passively mitigate the fire weakness.No glyphs ,no dunmer, no CP no no no
    2. You can be a successful vamp but it requires actively taking some active game play measures to do that.
    3. Those actions are not worth the advantages of vamp unless you like to play that way.
    End of discussion.

1. Doesnt matter, the fire weakness does not matter once it is mitgated down to its base.
    2. I have two end game vamps, I didnt change a thing on any bar to make them viable (vampirism is a magicka build utility, and has escape/mitigation uses for non magicka builds as well, such as a nightblade ganker or a DK caster that needs a mobility tool) If anything having Mist Form and/or bats actually gives the player more options than the default. The alternative of WW only works/synergizes with stamina-heavy builds, and the passive is wasted completely on one based around magicka.
    3. Mobile PBAoE + Damage mitigation ability says youre wrong
    4. As opposed to the default brown clay
    5. Subjective opinion and not a fact
    6. I dont roleplay, but if youd like to come fight me in a PvP fight, by all means let me know
    Now the discussion is ended.
    Edited by Rylana on June 17, 2015 9:43PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • HabOh
    HabOh
    ✭✭

1. You can't fully passively mitigate the fire weakness.No glyphs ,no dunmer, no CP no no no
    End of discussion.
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Because of the completely awful and illogical way they did the Stages in this game your vampire WILL look HIDEOUS MOST OF THE TIME. To remain in Stage one, which actually looks kinda cool, you have to feed EVERY 30 MINUTES. Yeah, it's that stupid. :neutral:

WELP! There goes all of my dreams and aspirations of having a killer magicka pool/regen. Thought it was more like Skyrim's Vampires. Oblivion's Vamps were terrible!
  • HabOh
    HabOh
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

End of discussion.

1. Doesnt matter, the fire weakness does not matter once it is mitgated down to its base.
    2. I have two end game vamps, I didnt change an thing on any bar to make them viable
    6. I dont roleplay, but if youd like to come fight me in a PvP fight, by all means let me know

I'm a Healing Sorcerer. I figured going Vamp would give me a boost and it seemed viable for the little I had researched at the time. My only concern was a rather silly cosmetic one. Well, that and Weakness to Fire. How would I go about mitigating that terrible damage because I want to run around as a Stage 4.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

End of discussion.

2. I have two end game vamps, I didnt change a thing on any bar to make them viable (vampirism is a magicka build utility, and has escape/mitigation uses for non magicka builds as well, such as a nightblade ganker or a DK caster that needs a mobility tool) If anything having Mist Form and/or bats actually gives the player more options than the default. The alternative of WW only works/synergizes with stamina-heavy builds, and the passive is wasted completely on one based around magicka.

LoL tough PeevPee guy... Unless you sparkle I do not care,

ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • HabOh
    HabOh
    ✭✭

End of discussion.

LoL tough PeevPee guy... Unless you sparkle I do not care,

Gentlemen, please. lol.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

End of discussion.

2. I have two end game vamps, I didnt change an thing on any bar to make them viable

I'm a Healing Sorcerer. I figured going Vamp would give me a boost and it seemed viable for the little I had researched at the time. My only concern was a rather silly cosmetic one. Well, that and Weakness to Fire. How would I go about mitigating that terrible damage because I want to run around as a Stage 4.

If you are only in for the magicka regen bonus any way to mitigate it in PVE is not worth it because it is to minor and will require some sort of sacrifice.
    I am not actually saying not to go vamp since it can indeed be fun and can be made effective. I do not recommend it if you are in it only for some boost.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • HabOh
    HabOh
    ✭✭

End of discussion.

If you are only in for the magicka regen bonus any way to mitigate it in PVE is not worth it because it is to minor and will require some sort of sacrifice.
    I am not actually saying not to go vamp since it can indeed be fun and can be made effective. I do not recommend it if you are in it only for some boost.

I still might try it either way, just to see how it is.
    Should probably do Werewolf too.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be a werewolf, all the ladies love us.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • HabOh
    HabOh
    ✭✭
    Haha. No doubt. I was a werewolf in Skyrim. It was really fun and powerful (if you were careful).
  • HabOh
    HabOh
    ✭✭
    Another question: If I cure myself of either "disease", could I contract it again if I were to change my mind?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As many times as you like.
    The Moot Councillor
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question: If I cure myself of either "disease", could I contract it again if I were to change my mind?

Yes has many times has you want the gold for curing is minor, though will leave you with this advice if you do spend points in skills of werewolf/vampire lines make sure to respect before curing otherwise your skill points will be stuck in that line till you get it again.
  • bernision
    bernision
    Could someone give me a bite please! Psn bubbarocks07 would appreciate it. Ebonheart pact. NA SERVERS
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, vampirism should be as much a pain in the rear as it was in Oblivion and Skyrim.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • bernision
    bernision
    Yeah I agree but I'm trying to become a werewolf also but people keep killing them. I get screwed. Same with bloodfiends.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a stamina NB and for me Vampirism is a MUST,

Increased movement speed in sneak, magicka and stam regen,

One of the best ultimates in the game

Yeah i dont like fire anyway
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    IMO, vampirism should be as much a pain in the rear as it was in Oblivion and Skyrim.

Except in Oblivion and Skyrim the weaknesses were stage based and this is an mmo where competition and balance matter.