Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quick Vampire/Werewolf Guide (Console)

ATubofButter
Here are some a few things that may help you console gamers like me out here:

General
  • Always do Bite then money, helps with scamming. If they can't agree to those terms then don't do it. You lose hard earned, while they just have an ability that goes on cooldown.
  • Do not post on the forums looking to buy bites, you can not sell or trade on the official ESO forums. Go to an off forum site, or advertise in game.
  • The Infection for either only last a week, within that time you must complete the quest for it.
  • You can not be both Werewolf and Vampire
  • Both infections can be cured at any time, before or after completing the quest and becoming one. You just have to find a Priest of Arkay.

Werewolf
  • The quest to become a Werewolf scales to your level, so it is viable at all levels
  • Werewolves suffer from 40% more poison damage.
  • Werewolf levels up by the amount of enemies killed while in werewolf form, making it fairly easy to level by killing low level enemies. Werewolf skills however level with experience like normal.
  • With the above said, Werewolves of any level most can probably bite you as long as they leveled up werewolf.

Vampire
  • The quest to become a Vampire is set at level 38, do not attempt the Disease unless you can or plan to complete the quest before you have to be re-infected.
  • Vampires suffer from 40% more fire damage.
  • Vampires go through stages 1-4 depending on how long they went without feeding, this decreases health regeneration rate, and cost of vampire spells.
  • Vampire levels up with experience just like normal skill lines, although it is meant for level 40+ players so it levels very low at levels below it, making it tedious.
  • With the above said, Vampires who are below level 40 more than likely can not infect another player. Keep that in mind. Although if you take the first first advice at the top this won't be an issue.

Lastly are two guides which may be a little out of date that helped me get both:
-Vampire
-Werewolf

P.S.
Feel free to reply with errors I made, helpful hints, updated guides, questions, ect. I will answer or incorporate it in to the best of my ability.
DO NOT REPLY ASKING FOR BITES THIS IS INTENDED TO MAKE YOU SELF SUFFICIENT AND CUT BACK ON THE FORUM SPAMMING.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have to complete the Quest to keep Vampirism if another player bites you? Or is the Quest only for NPC contracted vampirism?
    Edited by Uriel_Nocturne on June 17, 2015 6:12PM

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• ATubofButter
    You must complete the quest to become a Vampire, "Vampirism" is just the infection itself. That state last one week (Real life time) from the bite date. . So I would make sure to be able to tackle the quest before a buddy bit me or searching for the NPCs, or power level like crazy so as not to waste it.
    Edited by ATubofButter on June 17, 2015 6:23PM
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it a "Solo" quest? Or could a couple Guildmates help me through it?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Werewolf levels up by the amount of enemies killed while in werewolf form, making it fairly easy to level by killing low level enemies. Werewolf skills however level with experience like normal.
    ]

It would appear that you also gain Werewolf experience (for the tree, not the skills), when turning in quests, even while not transformed. Though I generally wolf out as soon as it's up and go on a rampage, I've gained Rank 6 by mostly turning in quests. I could be wrong, but this is just from my observation as of getting infected this past Saturday evening.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • ATubofButter
    Both the Werewolf and Vampire Quest are Solo Instances. (Sorry should have added that to the Main Post.)
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    It would appear that you also gain Werewolf experience (for the tree, not the skills), when turning in quests, even while not transformed. Though I generally wolf out as soon as it's up and go on a rampage, I've gained Rank 6 by mostly turning in quests. I could be wrong, but this is just from my observation as of getting infected this past Saturday evening.

Very interesting, I had not done any quest while I had werewolf. (Just powerkilled to lvl 10 for Achievement.) I would add it to the main post, but I seem to be unable to edit it. I'm sure people will read through comments though. Thank you for the additional information.
    Edited by ATubofButter on June 17, 2015 7:00PM
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both the Werewolf and Vampire Quest are Solo Instances. (Sorry should have added that to the Main Post.)
    That makes me wonder then...

If the Vampire Quest is a static Level 38 Solo Quest, but I see Level 11 Vampires running around and giving other polayers the "bite", that creates several inconsistencies.

How could a Level 11 complete it when it's a level 38 Quest with level 38 enemies? It would almost have to scale to your level like the Werewolf Quest does.

or

It cannot be a Solo Quest and Guildmates must have helped those Level 11's through the Quest.

or

There are "cheese" spot through out the Quest where you can hit enemies but they can't hit you, thus allowing a level 11 to effectively pick off a much tougher enemy over time while staying relatively safe from any harm.

Either way, something has to be different from what you say, otherwise those level 11's would just keep getting nuked and wouldn't be able to finish the Quest. If they can't finish in a week, then they lose their Vampirism/Lycanthropy.

I'm not trying to offend you with this post. But I'm trying to rectify what you're telling me vs. what I've seen in the game even as recently as last night.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• BrosephMcDudeBro
    The vampire quest scales.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would almost have to scale to your level like the Werewolf Quest does.

Fairly certain it scales.

After getting infected last Saturday (Werewolf) at Level 22, I started the quest and entered Hircines Hunting Grounds. All enemies, even of the elite variety, were Level 22.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for the info, everybody. You've all been extremely helpful. :)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• ATubofButter
    Do you happen to know how it scales? Only reason I ask is I did it on a level 24 Sorcerer and enemies were level 38. My buddy did it on a level 6 Sorcerer and it was still level 38. so it is not scaling for me or my friend, although wouldn't suprise me if its a bug.
  • itsabucslyfe24
    itsabucslyfe24
    Soul Shriven
    the vampire quest does not scale. there is a way to kill the mob at low levels by kiting. Google it
  • ATubofButter
    the vampire quest does not scale. there is a way to kill the mob at low levels by kiting. Google it

Thanks for reassurance, I didn't think it did. Just and FYI on my level 24 I beat the quest with relative ease. I was using Resto Staff, Ward Spell, Destruction Staff, Misc spells and Crystal Frag Procs. I didn't have to Kite, although this can vary depending on your gear/skill set-up.
    Edited by ATubofButter on June 18, 2015 1:53PM
  • itsabucslyfe24
    itsabucslyfe24
    Soul Shriven

Thanks for reassurance, I didn't think it did. Just and FYI on my level 24 I beat the quest with relative ease. I was using Resto Staff, Ward Spell, Destruction Staff, Misc spells and Crystal Frag Procs. I didn't have to Kite, although this can vary depending on your gear/skill set-up.

no problem :smiley:
  • GNRNCSBLSS
    GNRNCSBLSS
    ✭✭
    Bite first and then money?? Dude what the hell are you talking about.

Having been on both sides of a scam, with something running off without paying, or having paid for a bite I never received, I can safely say that you should always receive the money first.

I honestly cannot fathom how you think 10k gold is harder to get than waiting on a week long cooldown...

I make 5k gold a night easy, veryyyyy easy, that's light questing for not even 2 hours.

Bad tip there, very bad. But other than that, I like the post, good job.

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    GNRNCSBLSS wrote: »
    Bite first and then money?? Dude what the hell are you talking about.

Having been on both sides of a scam, with something running off without paying, or having paid for a bite I never received, I can safely say that you should always receive the money first.

I honestly cannot fathom how you think 10k gold is harder to get than waiting on a week long cooldown...

I make 5k gold a night easy, veryyyyy easy, that's light questing for not even 2 hours.

Bad tip there, very bad. But other than that, I like the post, good job.

Not a bad tip, at all. Several PC Vets I know and currently play with are on both sides of the coin. Bite then pay, Pay then bite. Honestly, regardless of how you view it, there is no right or wrong, good or bad. It's solely dependent on the agreeing parties involved.

Regarding the money aspect, though getting 10k gold isn't difficult, waiting 7 days takes little to zero effort. While they are questing, selling, trading, etc. to make that gold, I can literally log out for 7 days, log back in and I'm ready to transfer the gift again. No effort.

Again, to each their own, but his tip wasn't bad at all as it has been perceived as customary by a lot. In the end, there is no stopping someone from not paying or not biting. The process relies on the "honor system", in which most don't have or care to follow. Keyboard Champions are the reason you've been on both sides of the scam coin.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Bahaman
    Bahaman
    Soul Shriven
    I was turned last night question i have is if i want to bite someone on the PS4 how is it done? Will only be offering free bites as i am sick of these scammers.
  • ATubofButter
    You have to get to Rank 6 in Vampire or Werewolf, then get "Blood Moon" Passive (Werewolf) or "Blood Moon" (Vampire). You have to then go to the respective shrines for whatever you are, then press Y+B (Xbox One), Triangle + Circle (PS4) to bite them. You can do this once a week.
  • Zavinus
    Zavinus
    ✭✭
    Thank you! This is very useful!
    ~Zavinus, Xbox One
  • Bahaman
    Bahaman
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks ☺
  • CyclonicZeus
    What is the fastest way to increase your vampire skill level?
  • ATubofButter
    There is no "fastest way" to level up you Vampire, that I know of. You level the Vampire Skill by having a skill equipped from the line on your skill bar and gaining Experience from monsters, quest, ect. Mine picked up leveling wise when I hit level 30.
  • DBSaints
    DBSaints
    Everything was lvl 47 just like me when I did it.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I got bitten at level 8 and barely managed to complete the quest (vampire). All were level 38.
    The only tips for under levels I can give you are:

Wear undamaged and the best armour and weapons you can get.
    Kite like the very legions of hell are after you.
    Use a bow. Although you can use other weapons
    Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.
    Make sure to take a breather between each target as one at a time is the best option.

Do not run too far away from your target, they will reheal and you start over.
    Do not go through the portal to get new armour/weapons after killing x amount then returning, You'll start from scratch.
    Do not run around the place like a headless chicken You'll alert every bad guy in the area and well... It's brown alert time.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on July 22, 2015 10:04AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    For the Wolf quest, are you talking about the portal at the shrine that you must enter post being bitten to complete the wolf transformation, or is there another quest elsewhere?

Regarding payments, I only say this due to the scamming that has and will probably continue for some time. Never pay for a bite from some one you do not know or trust. It is, believe it or not, very easy to get a free bite from a stranger.

Meant to add, that was a really good informative post you made. Wish it had been there before I got Wolf would have saved me a lot of googling.

Edited by Artfuldodger on July 22, 2015 1:30PM
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    DBSaints wrote: »
    Everything was lvl 47 just like me when I did it.

That's because the vampire quest is like the fighter's and mage's guild quests...It has a minimum level (for vampire that level is 38), but it will scale up to your level if you are above that minimum. So if you try to complete the quest at Lvl11 the NPCs will be Lvl38, if you tackle it at Lv38 they will be 38, and if you are Lvl45 the NPCs will be 45 also. Hope that makes sense :)
  • hardstyles84
    hardstyles84
    Soul Shriven
    Can anyone help me im looking for a werewolf bite i have been trying to look for the spwan points but no luck and i am definitely not going to pay for it if anyone can help my gt hardstyles84 ...ebonheart pack on the NAME server message me if anyone could help thanx in advance
  • hardstyles84
    hardstyles84
    Soul Shriven
    Forgot to say im on Xbox one lol
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help me im looking for a werewolf bite i have been trying to look for the spwan points but no luck and i am definitely not going to pay for it if anyone can help my gt hardstyles84 ...ebonheart pack on the NAME server message me if anyone could help thanx in advance

Google wolf/vamp spawn sites, there a re loads of maps you can look at. I would not bother with spawn sites though as there are normally loads of people who are there to kill them as they spawn, best to go to a shrine you may come across some one willing to give it to you for free.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Does anyone know why it is more difficult to bite as a werewolf than a vampire? by this I mean I have no trouble biting as a vampire, the feeding option comes up straight away, but as a werewolf I have to move around the person for several minutes before the devour option finally appears
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why it is more difficult to bite as a werewolf than a vampire? by this I mean I have no trouble biting as a vampire, the feeding option comes up straight away, but as a werewolf I have to move around the person for several minutes before the devour option finally appears

I could not understand this either, I posted here about it and got some answers forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2064398#Comment_2064398

Reading online if you are transformed at a shrine the game thinks you do not need to bite, moving away from the shrine and re entering might help.

-Johnny Depp