The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Evasion & Blur worth it in PvP ?

brienwolf
brienwolf
Soul Shriven
Been trying to plan out my build for a stamina Nb for PvP. I've been looking at some tanking sets & was wondering why no use the dogde buff skills.

Is it not worth it ? Or can it be useful
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Night blades have double take its gives major evasion 20% dodge chance and every good night blade I know uses it and it don't stack with shuffle the med armor skill that give the same buff so you only need one or the other and night blades like the movement speed the double take skill gives because it stacks with the bow roll dodge passive that also gives move speed
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If youre a solo nightblade not using double take, i laugh in your general direction
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blur, from the start, is as good as good as IV Evasion. so.....if I'm not mistaken, Hic!
    Edited by Inactive Account on June 17, 2015 10:22PM
  • koetty
    koetty
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    If youre a solo nightblade not using double take, i laugh in your general direction

Actually tweaking my Nightblade Tank too. Is it worth to change Absorb Magic from 1h/shield against mirage?
    Only using this this atm for the 8% reduction.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blur is so good, i never remove double-take from my builds. That dodge chance will save your life when you least expect it, but the most important aspect is the expedition speed buff you get from the double-take morph.

Mobility is key for any nightblade build.
    Edited by OdinForge on June 18, 2015 12:52PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Take is better than the medium armor version as it lasts longer and give you a speed boost.
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • brienwolf
    brienwolf
    Soul Shriven

Even if you're not using bow? I play 2h/Dw, would double take still be the better choice over the other morph (mirage or w/e)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ER any chance to dodge a crystal shards in my book is ok! I'm a templar stam build and use elude, it get to the point sometimes where my character is constantly in the dodge animation, dodging skill after skill...think about all the damage dodge with it....awesome
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    everyone uses the dodge skill :P but if you need to choose between evasion or blur keep in mind that evasion will purify talons and all other slows so for a heavy armor stam build evasion might be better.
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge > Block
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The smile you send out returns to you!
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brienwolf wrote: »

Even if you're not using bow? I play 2h/Dw, would double take still be the better choice over the other morph (mirage or w/e)

They're both good. I use Double Take on my NB because you can cast it while stealthed, and it does not reveal you. That helps you sneak around faster. With DW, you could also pick "Quick Cloak" to get a speed increase (major expedition, the same 40% speed buff), but casting that while stealthed will reveal you. Rapid Maneuvers also reveals you.

Double Take is really good :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »

They're both good. I use Double Take on my NB because you can cast it while stealthed, and it does not reveal you. That helps you sneak around faster. With DW, you could also pick "Quick Cloak" to get a speed increase (major expedition, the same 40% speed buff), but casting that while stealthed will reveal you. Rapid Maneuvers also reveals you.

you could take hidden blade instead of surprise attack. That gives you a passive speed boost in stealth. No need to cast anything.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blur morphed to Double Take is totally worth it IMO. It's a fantastic skill.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    Snit wrote: »

you could take hidden blade instead of surprise attack. That gives you a passive speed boost in stealth. No need to cast anything.

Surprise Attack is way too good not to take :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double Take is better than the medium armor version as it lasts longer and give you a speed boost.

As Stamina Build you need your magicka for other stuff, also the speed buff is basically useless if you're slowed and shuffle removes snares. About the speed buff you could just use potions..

I only run shuffle in duels but not if I run solo or in group, no room for it currently :P
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

As Stamina Build you need your magicka for other stuff, also the speed buff is basically useless if you're slowed and shuffle removes snares. About the speed buff you could just use potions..

I only run shuffle in duels but not if I run solo or in group, no room for it currently :P

Agreed. I've found Mirage, with its Minor armor buff, works better for me. It's effect lasts the entire duration of the buff and stacks with our Shadow Barrier passive to provide a big chunk of physical mitigation, which is also useful for PvE tanking (I play both DPS in PvP and tank in PvE). As a stamina build you can't afford to refresh Double Take every 4 seconds for the speed buff when other Magicka abilities are more important.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on June 19, 2015 6:04PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the skill Double Take. At first I was skeptical of its use until someone in my guild convinced me to give it a chance and now the skill is always on my Nightblade class.

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great way to get around the map fast in stealth. You don't need a huge magika pool. Double take conserves my stamina pool so I'm more combat ready at any given time while in stealth. Previously I used Rapid Maneuvers for getting around but that takes a huge chunk of Stam. One of my NB has both which is pretty nice to have the option between a Stam or Magika speed boost depending on situational need. It's kind of overkill but considering the value of speed in PvP it's not bad.
  • koetty
    koetty
    ✭✭
    So changing Absorb Magic against Double Take or Mirage is good?
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see how this would be very useful for stamina players, but for magicka builds who can keep cloak up indefinitely, that's the way to go I think. I can't find room for it on my bar.
    Edited by JDar on June 22, 2015 9:14AM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    koetty wrote: »
    Two different things entirely. The dodge allows you to increase your survivability in a chaotic fight situation, absorb basically is usefull in controlled situations where you can keep it up to a reasonable degree. I don't think that one can make the call which one of those is better.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    koetty wrote: »

Keep in mind that you won't dodge the following stuff:
    Concealed until next patch
    Whip until next patch
    Any Magicka AoE
    Any Magicka channeled attack including staff heavy attack
    Soul Strike
    Jesus beam
    Dawnbreaker
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭
    Major doesn't stack.
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭

Solo NB here that doesn't run double take or the medium armor evasion :|
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Jakeol wrote: »

Solo NB here that doesn't run double take or the medium armor evasion :|

Same. but i recently was advised to take this skill. im putting it on my back bar (bow) for now until i get used to the rotation of it.
    I was having fun until i leveled up and now i have to have an "adult" build to play end game content :/
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuffle. Speed buff from double take doesn't mean much if your snared and locked down. This is elder snares online. You want mobility use a bow or use a pot. Majority of stuns and CC'S out there also come with a snare. Break free and immediately use shuffle (taking advantage of unchained) then get to it. I laugh when I see a Stam blade using double take trying to run when he has a 60% snare on him.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Double take is pointless on a stamblade especially. Every solo stamblade should be using a bow on back bar meaning you have major expedition from dodge rolling (not to mention running EH on back bar which is still BiS, it's very hard to catch you). Shuffle is so much better than double take it's not even in the same discussion.
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Nellzer wrote: »
    Double take is pointless on a stamblade especially. Every solo stamblade should be using a bow on back bar meaning you have major expedition from dodge rolling (not to mention running EH on back bar which is still BiS, it's very hard to catch you). Shuffle is so much better than double take it's not even in the same discussion.

This is something I was thinking of getting even though I already bought Blur and morphed Mirage for damage mitigation buff.
    I die. Alot.
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade