Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Made it to level 15 (on luck, I believe) but need help

Violynne
Violynne
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm currently "stuck" in Stonefalls where I've done most of the quests and several of the events. However, I'm at a loss on what I'm to do next.

I know the game is about exploration, but I went to the Rift and was greeted by level 42 enemies. I quickly high-tailed it out of there, and now I'm a bit unsure of going into other territories without a reason. Should I be looking for a quest that takes me out of Stonefalls or do I just test the waters again and try somewhere else? I suppose I lost the "main quest" somewhere. As for where I am at now, I just grabbed the orb and the Prophet "needs time" to determine where Sai is.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Okay, these next are for the team at Zenimax:

1) The invisible NPC issue seems to occur about 4 hours into a login session. After this, I first notice players going black, so I restart my console. To be honest, this is getting frustrating because once the reboot is completed, the issue returns and can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. The second time it happens seems to be based on popularity of area. This is just FYI, since feedback was requested.

2) This one is a very serious complaint, because I feel cheated. I pre-ordered the game from MS store, which came with an add on (I think it was Explorer, the one with all the treasure maps). While it seemed nice (and I didn't have an option not to load this pack), it actually ended up screwing me over in a way I'd never imagine.

You see, space is pretty limited when a character is starting out, and those maps took up 24 spots, regardless if they were on me or in the bank. I tried to mix and match to reduce load, but the reality was they were a burden.

Thus, I destroyed them in order to make room, and now there's no way to get them back. While I appreciate the pack's "gesture", I never figured these maps would play havoc as I tried to build my character and grabbing resources.

To be fair, the real issue came when breaking down materials, where I needed more inventory "slots" for the breakdown, many requesting 4 slots and I had no more space to offer, thus breaking/destroying things I wasn't ready to.

Perhaps, in the future, allow people the option to install these packs and letting them know how much space they'll take up.

Other than the two issues above, the rest of the game is pretty fun. Good job. This will keep me busy for months (and the wife already hates it - haha).
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    From Stonefalls you need to head South. Look at the map - there is only one road leading to the Southern edge - follow it :-)

Cannot help you with the destroyed maps, but a tip for the future - you can put things you do not expect to use soon in the bank. Then create another toon. Go to the bank, and withdraw those items.

Eventually you can increase your inventory space by buying bags at bag vendors and by increasing your riding skills and managing inventory will be much less of an issue.
    EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • Alp2760
    Alp2760
    ✭✭
    Think I ended up going south and exploring deshaan? Been doing missions and exploring I and around there, think most stuff is about level 17/18 and easily doable. I could be getting my areas/levels mixed up though. My NB is EP but I also have a character in each other alliance so I'm still pretty confused about all the places.

Definitely Italy been in and around Deshaan for a while on my level 16. If you just keep travelling south you should come across it. Also quite a lot of shards that I stumbled across without trouble, rat has helped too. Sounds like we're on Dar apart in terms of where we are in the game so you should be fine with this area.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heading south, then. Thanks. :)

Dang it. I didn't even think of creating a new character and offloading items to them. *sigh* I did this in Destiny so it should have been obvious. Man, I hate my own stupidity sometimes. :pensive:

Tomorrow, I'll create a new character and name her "Pack Mule". :)

PS: the loss of the maps wasn't an issue to me, really. I found one and the loot was subpar, not like the loot found in the map found in the game. I think this was intentional, to keep us from having too much good stuff early on. ;)

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have three "mule" toons at level 3 ... their unbuffed bag space is cheaper than expanding the bank space early.

For the sake of naming consistency I have 3 Argonians

Keeps-all-Runes
    Keeps-all-Herbs
    Keeps-all-otherstuff

Before the simplification of Provisioning I also had Keeps-all-Food but now its no longer needed I deleted it after selling off all "old" food stuff

3 slots taken with bank mules is still reasonable given 5 other slots for developing toons of variant classes.

Remember, once you have a mount, you can buy at the cost of 250g per day 1 extra inventory slot. Work out when this is cheaper than buying bag space from the bag "vendor"
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Alp2760
    Alp2760
    ✭✭
    Sorry about the terrible grammar and random words haha, posting on phone so the auto correct can be a nightmare. Ye I have found myself picking up more crafting materials than my bank and character can handle so I've started stashing them on other characters.

Plus I have altitis and like to try each class so I've been messing about with the other classes to see how I get on. Not as keen on the 3 as I am with the NB.

I opened all my treasure maps, realised they took up space, deleted them thinking I'd just use Google to find them but then seem to have seen that you can only get the loot with the maps in your inventory? If that's right I'm a noted with myself because it should have been pretty obvious.

Good luck! Just run around and you'll find plenty around that region to get on with. I stumbled across loads whilst trying to discover way shrines
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't stress about the maps ... the loot is actually not that great (my opinion)
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend