Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Why does the map have a million different symbols and yet the legend only says what a handful are?

• MaulRx
    MaulRx
    MCMancub wrote: »
    MaulRx wrote: »
    How can anyone look at the icons and not get some sort of inclination as to what they might mean? They're pretty self-explanatory.

Was that a serious response or no? That's like asking how anyone can look at a different language written and not derive what it says. It may in fact look like something to me and give me an idea of what it may be, but does that mean it is? I didn't make this garbage, they could have used a swastika to denote an inn for all I know.

Icons are used to symbolize or represent something. They do exactly that. It's pretty easy to look at an icon and see a ruin and think "There's a ruin there" or see a torch and think "Dungeon here."

Two points: first, assuming doesn't equal knowing. Again why do they have a legend that is incomplete? Second, not all the icons look like anything easily seen. Even zoomed up on a 55 inch tv, they are hard to see and don't really look like anything but shapes. Again, a legend is called for.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think @StaticWax is correct. This game may be just a little too complicated for you, and that's fine. Might I suggest the age-old gentlemanly game of Go Fish?

P.S. Cards that look like they have a heart on them, have a heart on them.
    Edited by MCMancub on June 16, 2015 5:33PM
  • MaulRx
    MaulRx
    Resorting to insults is the age old sign of an argument that has no leg to stand on.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resorting to insults is the age old sign of an argument that has no leg to stand on.

Or I could be not trying to argue and instead, you know, just making fun of you. That seems way more likely.
  • MaulRx
    MaulRx

Or I could be not trying to argue and instead, you know, just making fun of you. That seems way more likely.

That just makes my point. The flaws in this game can't even be defended by fans, just have to resort to insults. And I'm the child lol
  • FoolWitDaSnoW
    Oh and it's not a crafting station. It's says you have imprisoned balreth. Don't be so quick to defend a game that is clearly unfinished and unpolished. It's one thing to say figure it out yourself but another to actually do it when the game gives you no way to accomplish that.

I've not needed to come to the forums once and cry about anything, I've found everything out by reading and being comprehensive, try that.
    Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer - Altmer
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. We're going to go ahead and close this thread, as the OP's original questions and feedback have been addressed and the thread has devolved into personal attacks. We require discussions on our forums to remain civil and constructive, even when tempers rise and not everyone necessarily agrees with one another.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.