Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Why Are Weapons So Tiny?

AlphardZafkiel
AlphardZafkiel
Soul Shriven
I am wondering why all my one-handed weapons, shields, and other weapons appear much smaller than they should be... ESPECIALLY in first-person! I swear they almost seem to shrink when switching views... I'm trying to use a sword and a shield, but in first-person, I feel like I'm charging into battle with a dagger and a buckler... What gives?

Is there a reason why my weapons look so small? It's really killing my immersion experience for the game. Is there a technical reason for it? I was trying to see if it was a visual bug or a toggleable option, but it's starting to seem intentional...

The weapons look much smaller than weapons I remember using in older Elder Scrolls games, so... I was just wondering why and if there are any plans to make them look "more appropriate" in visual size.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume you just started your jurney through Tamriel. Later when you level up you will be able to wield bigger weapons.
    In this picture you can see the difference between a level 10 and a vet14 sword.
    kWhWAYU.png
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons start small, simple, plain, and as the gear gets to higher levels it gets bigger, ornate, and detailed.
    It's a natural progression from the weapons a beginner of martial arts should use to what soldiers should use to what decorated knights and veterans should use.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.