Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Im a dark elf nightblade stamina build dual wield is this a good choice or will i regret it?

cbrismc
cbrismc
Soul Shriven
?

Best Answers

• The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Dunmer is not optimal for a stamina build, nor is it ideal for a Nightblade. Ideally you'd go either Imperial or Khajiit for the racial bonuses if you're a min/maxer. Dual wield is good, it's also good to pick up a bow and the two handed skill line when you can and level both accordingly.
    Edited by The_Sadist on June 13, 2015 1:41PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Answer ✓
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer's best passive is spell dmg with fire. That means magicka build. And Nightblade dont have any fire spells, so you will be stuck with a fire staff.. So yeah, not the best choice. Im not saying its not going to work end game, but there are so many better options.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Answer ✓
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbrismc wrote: »
    Well right now I'm new to elder scrolls online I'm a dark elf nightblade dual wield and all my character points on stamina and I'm level 13 and seems to do okay on PvP and pve should I keep going with this setup or start and new character

From a min/maxer perspective you could be a better race, but ultimately it boils down to you as an individual. You're losing a bit of racial buffs but if you like the race it shouldn't bother you that much. That aside you're lower level and your point distribution is fine, so feel free to stick with it or re-roll if the racials don't actually sit well with you.
    Edited by The_Sadist on June 13, 2015 2:04PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Answer ✓
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    cbrismc wrote: »
    Well right now I'm new to elder scrolls online I'm a dark elf nightblade dual wield and all my character points on stamina and I'm level 13 and seems to do okay on PvP and pve should I keep going with this setup or start and new character

IMO, based on levelling 8 character builds, there's nothing special about being a particular race for a particular class however the attack/defence and healing choices for the classes are very important.

Dragon Knight - Any Melee setup works early on, really, though 2H tends to be the most effective for 1on1 and 2W for groups. The Dragonblood Self heals are generally considered to be important

Templar - This requires an early decision as to whether to Stamina or Magicka Build. A Stamina Build is good for Weapons and works like the DK. A Magicka Build is good for Melee too but even better for the Healer/Restoration since it's very simle and the class attacks of Aedric Spear don't focus around your weapon anyway. The devs focused healing around Templars even with all the changes this is still true IMO.

Night Blade - The class skills of the nightblade favour Stealth, Range and Criticals so bow does tend to be the primary choice of NB's for 'Burst' Stealth Kills. Even the basic class heal skill is a range attack.

Sorceror - The devs screwed them such that everything that is wrong with them is "working as intended". Their 'Pet line' is weak. They have expensive class healing that comes from a single morph of a high level skill that procs off random crits. If you go traditional with a stick and robe, you'll die a lot. I've been considering rebuilding that Sorceror as a Lightning based 2H Heavy Armour Character like some of the NPC's because of how annoying it is to play.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Answer ✓
  • cbrismc
    cbrismc
    Soul Shriven
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • cbrismc
    cbrismc
    Soul Shriven
    Yes it did thanks
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lvl 13 is not high at all.. even at level 50, its ok to reroll.. I understand if you was veteran 14, and didnt was to reroll, but you are asking for what is the best.. then the honest opinion in this thread is, yes there is better options.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • cbrismc
    cbrismc
    Soul Shriven
    Looking at it now I wanted to be in the ebonheart pack because my friend was in that alliance and I wanted to be a nightblade and I I though dark elf was my best choice for a nightblade I was originally was going to pick khajiit