Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question regarding accounts...

Snoopsy
Snoopsy
✭✭
Hi,

From watching Twitch streams and people playing the game on console, it looks like a lot of fun. I have been playing for about a year on the PC and have the Imperial Edition. I did NOT buy the transfer thingy that allows characters to be moved from PC to Console. I know I still have to buy the console version of the game, but myy questions are:

1. Can I use the same ESOTU account for console that I use for PC?
2. If I can, will I be able to play as an Imperial on the Console without buying the imperial upgrade.

Best Answers

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Can I use the same ESOTU account for console that I use for PC?
    A: I don't know if you can use the same account (as in loginname and password). I doubt it, cause it is tied to PSN-accounts and xbox accounts. You will not be able to continue where you left the pc. You will need to create new characters and will find e.g. your bank empty. So for all practical purposes it will be a new account.

2: If I can, will I be able to play as an Imperial on the Console without buying the imperial upgrade.
    A: I don't think so.

Edited by Ranique on June 12, 2015 6:08PM
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Snoopsy. If you decide to play on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you will be able to link your console account to your existing ESOTU account. However, unless you purchased the console transfer that was offered to eligible players for a limited time earlier this year, you will not be able to play your existing PC characters on console.

The account linking section you see on your account page is for linking your ESOTU account to your PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account, but it does not grant access to any characters or perks (including the ability to play as an Imperial) that exist on your PC account.

Hope this helps clarify things. If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to reply. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Snoopsy
    Snoopsy
    ✭✭
    Res because I think you're wrong. Under your ESO account page, there is an option called "Link Accounts". It says that all characters and progress will be separated, but there has to be some point to it, correct?